Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2010, 10:51   #136
BHPian

Now I am confused about the small headlight wells. I am attaching the photographs of my car's wheel wells and that of an untinkered original millecento. My LHS wheel fender looks is tampered and the hole is bigger when compared with the RHS side. Is the RHS light well correct on my car? I think my car still has the original light wells but the hole where the headlight goes in has been tampered. Please advice
Old 27th March 2010, 10:54   #137
BHPian

Attaching the photos.
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-20100327_001.jpg  

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-20100327_002.jpg  

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-20100327_003.jpg  

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-4464482362_e15988b551_b.jpg  

Old 27th March 2010, 11:14   #138
Senior - BHPian

Shiva I presume you car must had the original headlamp wells they might have been cut to accomodate the bigger wells as the smaller were out of stock/availability. so I guess you can have the inner seem done again with the picture you have of an untinkered/cut millecento pattern.
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-headlamp-wells.jpg  

Old 28th March 2010, 12:12   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdoctorind View Post
Attaching the photos.
Shiva You need to do what Amol did. Attachin few pictures from his thread. The taper for the smaller headlight starts approx 6 inches before.

Also last picture is of the floor from Amols thread, just for your reference.

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-imag0106.jpg

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-imag0083.jpg

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-imag0084.jpg

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-floor.jpg
Old 4th April 2010, 22:43   #140
Senior - BHPian

Hey Shiva,

Glad that you found an elegent with smaller headlights. Look how the profile differ, I has tried drawing lines in autocad to help visualise the difference more.

You can see how the fender curves at the front. If you take side same angle photos of both cars you will know whats going on there.

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-big-headlight.jpg

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-small-headlight.jpg

Last edited by manishalive : 4th April 2010 at 22:44.
Old 5th April 2010, 08:39   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Hey Shiva,

Glad that you found an elegent with smaller headlights. Look how the profile differ, I has tried drawing lines in autocad to help visualise the difference more.

You can see how the fender curves at the front. If you take side same angle photos of both cars you will know whats going on there.
hmm looks like I need to take some printouts of the photographs of the elegant with smaller headlights and speak with the tinkerer. Will update once I speak to the tinkerer today. Thanks manish bhai for your effort
Old 6th April 2010, 20:08   #142
BHPian

Quote:
hmm looks like I need to take some printouts of the photographs of the elegant with smaller headlights and speak with the tinkerer. Will update once I speak to the tinkerer today. Thanks manish bhai for your effort
Today, the car was given it's base coat to get a feeler of the color. Tomorrow would be spent ONLY on ironing the defects on the body and also work on the interiors in terms of rust proofing the floor, sanding the inside of the A,B,C pillars and the roof and giving it a coat of point to start. Work on the chassis sandblasting,suspension job to start soon after this. The process of converting the bigger HL to smaller one's would be discussed tomorrow in detail with the master denter of the garage after getting the original rings on loan from one of our T-bhpian's (Will keep you posted)

Some sample snaps
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-20100406_010.jpg  

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-20100406_011.jpg  

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-20100406_012.jpg  

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-20100406_013.jpg  

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-20100406_014.jpg  

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-20100406_001.jpg  

Cyberdoctorind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2010, 20:17   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Today, the car was given it's base coat to get a feel of the color.
Work on the chassis sandblasting,suspension job to start soon after this. The process of converting the bigger HL to smaller one's would be discussed tomorrow in detail with the master denter of the garage after getting the original rings on loan from one of our T-bhpian's (Will keep you posted)
Hey shiva, nice to see the colour coming on at last!

I really love this colour, happens to be my favourite colour incidentally! 'intend to get a herald in this colour sometime!

I can see the car's turning hillram green already! Hehe!

Uh, how do you intend to get the chassis sandblasted??! That too at this stage?? Or by chassis, do you mean only the front detachable part that comes under the engine?
And the last pic. is of the other elegant you posted (APY ----?)
Now I understand when you said it wasnt original by any aspect! Ugh!

BTW, saw the other pics. in the FCCH thread posted by hillram. Incidentally, I happened to be in your locality this afternoon but didnt contact you thinking you'd be at work. If only I knew where you were, would've accompanied you!

Last edited by Stanher : 6th April 2010 at 20:27.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:46   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Hey shiva, nice to see the colour coming on at last!

I really love this colour, happens to be my favourite colour incidentally! 'intend to get a herald in this colour sometime!

I can see the car's turning hillram green already! Hehe!

Uh, how do you intend to get the chassis sandblasted??! That too at this stage?? Or by chassis, do you mean only the front detachable part that comes under the engine?
And the last pic. is of the other elegant you posted (APY ----?)
Now I understand when you said it wasnt original by any aspect! Ugh!

BTW, saw the other pics. in the FCCH thread posted by hillram. Incidentally, I happened to be in your locality this afternoon but didnt contact you thinking you'd be at work. If only I knew where you were, would've accompanied you!
Ayyo anna, you should have just called me na, from now on do call me when ever you are in the vicinity.

Well by the chassis, I mean the front detachable 'H' shaped part (It's called a chassis in Fiat parlance if I am not wrong), it would be sandblasted in case need be and properly strengthened before putting on the car. This was kept at the fag end as I wanted the suspensions as well to be done up after the luppam job done. I was elated when I saw the car in this shape today after being uncared for during the past 6 odd months and the color was too delicious on the car. Lets see how the final outcome would be
Old 6th April 2010, 20:54   #145
Senior - BHPian

Very good choice of color Shiva bhai. The bodyline is very neatly done up too. BTW when are you getting the small headlight conversion done?? As the car is nearing for the final coat of paint, are there any plans for reverting the headlight sumps.
Old 6th April 2010, 21:00   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Very good choice of color Shiva bhai. The bodyline is very neatly done up too. BTW when are you getting the small headlight conversion done?? As the car is nearing for the final coat of paint, are there any plans for reverting the headlight sumps.
Thanks sir . The paint you see is just for feeler purposes. I am keeping my fingers crossed on the conversion though. Tomorrow should be the D day to start work on the headlamp wells.
Old 6th April 2010, 23:00   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks sir . The paint you see is just for feeler purposes. I am keeping my fingers crossed on the conversion though. Tomorrow should be the D day to start work on the headlamp wells.
Good luck, hope it turns out well ! The paint is looking good - waiting for the finished product .
Old 7th April 2010, 00:40   #148
Senior - BHPian

Great shiva, good to see you choice of colour seems to be pleasing everybody, as you said there would be some corrections (on the body if any) I would encourage you to check inch by inch and get things soughted out as my personal experience says once the final coat is done that is when its all done! can't go back. Never agree for touch up's as my scooter still has that round shaped difference of colour when the painter did some touchup after after the scooter is done up.

I don't think it should take you long time to have this baby rock and rolling all around the streets of HYD and sowing the seed of love for the FIAT in the hearts of car lovers. I am just imagining the day with yours and suren's creations. "Black Magic & Blue Beauty" .
Old 7th April 2010, 07:15   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Good luck, hope it turns out well ! The paint is looking good - waiting for the finished product .
Thanks Ravi for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Great shiva, good to see you choice of colour seems to be pleasing everybody, as you said there would be some corrections (on the body if any) I would encourage you to check inch by inch and get things soughted out as my personal experience says once the final coat is done that is when its all done! can't go back. Never agree for touch up's as my scooter still has that round shaped difference of colour when the painter did some touchup after after the scooter is done up.

I don't think it should take you long time to have this baby rock and rolling all around the streets of HYD and sowing the seed of love for the FIAT in the hearts of car lovers. I am just imagining the day with yours and suren's creations. "Black Magic & Blue Beauty" .
Bala, I dont mind if the car is delayed by a couple of weeks more but I am very particular on getting the body niggles resolved before the car gets even the first coat. I am not in favour of ANY TOUCHUPS at a later point and this has been made clear upfront with the guys. I will be in the garage in the late afternoon / early evening to check on the progress and will post the updates.
Old 7th April 2010, 13:58   #150
Senior - BHPian

A blue color Select / Superselect can be seen here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1824367-post1090.html

this shade of blue will also look good

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-fiat-ss.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks