Old 22nd March 2010, 23:47   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Yes. The Ritz guy, if you remember.
Sure..it rings the bell !!
Old 23rd March 2010, 00:51   #107
Senior - BHPian

Ram garu for me it rang the other way... another esteemed member for FCCH. isn't it.
Old 23rd March 2010, 08:39   #108
BHPian

Quote:
So, is it the same one that currently looks white'ish with somepatch work on the front left door, at the very place where I saw your car in November?
The place has now changed but the car that you saw seems to be mine. Will be going today to the workshop so will upload some snaps later in the day
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:56   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdoctorind View Post
The place has now changed
I meant the same area. Though, it was across the road this time. Please do post pics.
Old 23rd March 2010, 23:17   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I meant the same area. Though, it was across the road this time. Please do post pics.
This voices my thoughts!! Shiva garu, put em up saar!!
Old 24th March 2010, 17:53   #111
BHPian

Update:

The car has been coated with the final layer of asthar to get the final body issues ironed out. As I type this, the first layer of putty to smoothen the rough patches of the body is being applied. Extra holes (Monogram holes that were put up etc) would be patched up. I would get the holes for the slanting fiat 1100 monogram drilled once the putty layer is applied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
This voices my thoughts!! Shiva garu, put em up saar!!
Ok Saaru here you go
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-20100324_001.jpg  

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-20100324_002.jpg  

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-20100324_005.jpg  

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-20100324_003.jpg  

Old 24th March 2010, 18:08   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Update:

The car has been coated with the final layer of asthar to get the final body issues ironed out. As I type this, the first layer of putty to smoothen the rough patches of the body is being applied. Extra holes (Monogram holes that were put up etc) would be patched up. I would get the holes for the slanting fiat 1100 monogram drilled once the putty layer is applied.
Great to see another Elegant getting ready. At this stage why not correct the front mudguards to accept the smaller original size of headlight? Even if you dont have the originals, similar units of that size can be substituted till the originals are procured.
Old 24th March 2010, 18:19   #113
Senior - BHPian

Shiva..good to see the progress.Why is a patch to the leftside of dickyknob still not done?
Old 24th March 2010, 18:21   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Great to see another Elegant getting ready. At this stage why not correct the front mudguards to accept the smaller original size of headlight? Even if you dont have the originals, similar units of that size can be substituted till the originals are procured.
Karl, thanks for stopping by the thread . I would love to get my car done with the smaller headlamps but the catch here is I do not have the exact dimensions of the originals and neither am I confident enough and try to get it done here in Hyderabad without any baseline (in the form of a reference of chopped smaller headlamp kabola's etc) as less said about the workmanship here the better.

If you could suggest a solution to the issue above, I would be very delighted and can get it done

Quote:
Shiva..good to see the progress.Why is a patch to the leftside of dickyknob still not done?
Ram, looks like the patching is done, however once the body-line is treated with luppam, such anomalies would go. I might be wrong here though. Gurus please advice

Last edited by Cyberdoctorind : 24th March 2010 at 18:25.
Old 24th March 2010, 18:22   #115
BHPian

shiva anna.good the see this.when will get a ride in this car,once i come to HYD?congrats anna once again for the beauty
Old 24th March 2010, 18:34   #116
Senior - BHPian

AAX 7503 in 2006

This is how AAX 7503 looked when i purchased it in 2006 and held on to it till mid 2007.I regret having sold it due to non-availability of a good mechanic,butim happy that Shiva has it with him now and I know it wont go away from my eye sight !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-pc130002.jpg  

Old 24th March 2010, 18:40   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigneshram View Post
shiva anna.good the see this.when will get a ride in this car,once i come to HYD?congrats anna once again for the beauty
Thanks Vignesh for your comments and for the drive any time for you brother.
-- I have serious definite plans to visit chennai in the coming couple of weeks. Awaiting some arrangements to be made. Will keep you posted

@ram: Feeling Nostalgic is it You can arrange to get my (err yours) car parked at your place so that it would be in the vicinity of your eye sight 24x7
Old 24th March 2010, 18:51   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Karl, thanks for stopping by the thread . I would love to get my car done with the smaller headlamps but the catch here is I do not have the exact dimensions of the originals and neither am I confident enough and try to get it done here in Hyderabad without any baseline (in the form of a reference of chopped smaller headlamp kabola's etc) as less said about the workmanship here the better.

If you could suggest a solution to the issue above, I would be very delighted and can get it done
I believe headlights from Eicher or Swaraj Mazda trucks are the right size, made by Lumax.
Old 24th March 2010, 18:58   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I believe headlights from Eicher or Swaraj Mazda trucks are the right size, made by Lumax.
I have seen the smaller headlights in the new Leylands as well, however the problem is not with procurement of the non original smaller headlights per se but with the fabrication of the light wells to the correct specifications with the light wells tapering gradually down to the headlights. It would take me ages to make the denters understand this and they in turn would take generations to arrive at the correct specification when not provided with a sample
Old 24th March 2010, 20:52   #120
BHPian

Is the Y shaped beading posted below correct for the elegant? According to the information that I have, the Y beading is the one which starts at the headlamps and ends at the front door. Please advice if the one in the photograph below can be fitted on the elegant
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-20100324_006.jpg  

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-20100324_007.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks