Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 23:30   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdoctorind View Post
Ok Saaru here you go
Thanks shiva gaaru!

Glad to see the work progressing at last! The bodyline looks quite good but for a couple of glitches.
Have you tried treating the flooring as I'd suggested btw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Shiva..good to see the progress.Why is a patch to the leftside of dickyknob still not done?
Also one on the front LH corner near the headlight. Do see to it, shiva. If it needs to be ironed out, now is the time to do it. Dont take their 'chaltha hai' talk and assurance of fixing it with the magical "paste" a.k.a lappam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
This is how AAX 7503 looked when i purchased it in 2006 and held on to it till mid 2007.I regret having sold it due to non-availability of a good mechanic,butim happy that Shiva has it with him now and I know it wont go away from my eye sight !!!
Quote:
@ram: Feeling Nostalgic is it You can arrange to get my (err yours) car parked at your place so that it would be in the vicinity of your eye sight 24x7
It is nostalgic for me too, I remember this is how I too had first seen this car, when ram brought it to the first DECHAA rally he'd attended (if I'm not mistaken?) back in Jan 2007, although I hadnt met him yet then. I remember our club secratary walking over with the mike and showing the car to the chief guest, "this is a 'centre-light' fiat"...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I believe headlights from Eicher or Swaraj Mazda trucks are the right size, made by Lumax.
Quote:
It would take me ages to make the denters understand this and they in turn would take generations to arrive at the correct specification when not provided with a sample
Indeed! Most of these guys are good at screwing up something but to set it right again......sigh!

Last edited by Stanher : 24th March 2010 at 23:41.
Old 25th March 2010, 00:48   #122
Senior - BHPian

Ram car looks amazing, she was cared well when it was with you. Was this your first car Ram, as i can see except of the hub covers the car is pretty original, and remained same till shiva brought it. The square indicators fixed to the car are also scarce I had the same for my PP and I changed to the smaller version light quite similar to maruti, I wanted to go back to the original ones if found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
I believe headlights from Eicher or Swaraj Mazda trucks are the right size, made by Lumax.
Karl are you sure Eicher or Swaraj Mazda or is that of DCM Toyota as far as I know Eicher and Swaraj Mazda has square Lamps, can you be more specific please.
Old 25th March 2010, 01:11   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Karl are you sure Eicher or Swaraj Mazda or is that of DCM Toyota as far as I know Eicher and Swaraj Mazda has square Lamps, can you be more specific please.
I thought the Eicher does have round lamps:

http://www.itmworld.com/cat_images/p...1212093358.jpg
Old 25th March 2010, 01:16   #124
Senior - BHPian

Alright Gurus! you guys are always right haan! I was confused with the bus and truck lamps. I travell in them daily and they are pretty new so I believe they are lates versions. I am wrong here saying they have square lamps, by the way do they have a chrome ring also or its just under the plastic grille, because Shiva's car would need rings aswell. If not whats the option?

Last edited by chanu : 25th March 2010 at 01:17.
Old 25th March 2010, 07:52   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Ram car looks amazing, she was cared well when it was with you. Was this your first car Ram, as i can see except of the hub covers the car is pretty original, and remained same till shiva brought it. The square indicators fixed to the car are also scarce I had the same for my PP and I changed to the smaller version light quite similar to maruti, I wanted to go back to the original ones if found.

Chanu bhai it seems you require many original bits to bring the originality back of your PP. I have some pairs of these square side repeaters( bought NOS for around 130 pair.). Along with some other parts i will be shipping you some items shortly.So if you need them and are unable to find them in HYDBD i can get them for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-21012010211.jpg  

Last edited by samsag12 : 25th March 2010 at 07:54.
Old 25th March 2010, 08:01   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Chanu bhai it seems you require many original bits to bring the originality back of your PP. I have some pairs of these square side repeaters( bought NOS for around 130 pair.). Along with some other parts i will be shipping you some items shortly.So if you need them and are unable to find them in HYDBD i can get them for you.
Wow thats very kind of you Sagar. Please go ahead. I've tried couple of shops here at afzalgung but did'nt find them so had to move to the ones I mentioned below. You rock man!
Old 25th March 2010, 20:55   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is the Y shaped beading posted below correct for the elegant? According to the information that I have, the Y beading is the one which starts at the headlamps and ends at the front door. Please advice if the one in the photograph below can be fitted on the elegant
It is indeed the elegant trim end piece, I will post complete documentation of this and the front head light body plates, with the dicky lock assembly in the night. Need to photo shop it
Old 25th March 2010, 21:20   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have some pairs of these square side repeaters( bought NOS for around 130 pair.).
Which make are these lights?
Old 25th March 2010, 22:21   #129
Senior - BHPian

Oh you forgot the make Arun bhai.How come dude. You are the encyclopedia of fiat. Try to recall it. I have told you the brand name. Think of it or check the thread after 5mins
Old 25th March 2010, 22:25   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh you forgot the make Arun bhai.How come dude. You are the encyclopedia of fiat. Try to recall it. I have told you the brand name. Think of it or check the thread after 5mins
I know the following brands,
Union, MP, Sweet trade, Lumax and Sunax who did lights for PP.. Which make is the light you bought?

The one you have is BRYTAX?

Last edited by arun1100 : 25th March 2010 at 22:29.
Old 25th March 2010, 22:32   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Thanks shiva gaaru!

Glad to see the work progressing at last! The bodyline looks quite good but for a couple of glitches.
Have you tried treating the flooring as I'd suggested btw?

Also one on the front LH corner near the headlight. Do see to it, shiva. If it needs to be ironed out, now is the time to do it. Dont take their 'chaltha hai' talk and assurance of fixing it with the magical "paste" a.k.a lappam!
Thanks for reminding me shyam. I will need to go to the workshop to ensure that they treat the floor. Since the luppam has already been applied, I will need to see what needs to be addressed. Read on below for the further updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
It is indeed the elegant trim end piece, I will post complete documentation of this and the front head light body plates, with the dicky lock assembly in the night. Need to photo shop it
Thanks Amol, A huge sense of relief on seeing your confirmation on the side trim piece . I will wait for the documentation so that I can use it as a cross reference while visiting the workshop tomorrow. Thanks for your efforts in getting me the necessary documentation

Folks update:

After discussions with various guru's on the 1100, I have been strongly advised to go with the smaller headlamps to go inline with the spec. The starting point to go about this mod is still yet undecided but with the helpful inputs from amol and a sample from vishal, the journey to this endeavor might be set. Lets see

I will ask the painter to stop his work on the first coat scheduled later this week but shall ask him to proceed with the earlier plans of door settings etc and then the car would be given a thorough suspension job before getting back to the painter. We might arrive at a final implementable solution on the smaller headlights meanwhile this work is done. If at all this conversion is successful, it might become to be a good point of reference for the following restorations by 1100 dukar lovers

Last edited by Cyberdoctorind : 25th March 2010 at 22:33.
Old 25th March 2010, 22:38   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
I know the following brands,
Union, MP, Sweet trade, Lumax and Sunax who did lights for PP.. Which make is the light you bought?

The one you have is BRYTAX?
Sirji it indeed is. No other brand side repeaters are available here. BTW inquired about the sweet trade light fittings and hell the cost is so high. The shop owner is charging 600 a pair for the plate lights. I am considering of getting the aluminum light fittings from scrapyard getting them polished and using new lenses (for tail lights) which are not that pocket heavy.
Old 26th March 2010, 19:01   #133
Senior - BHPian

As requested by you Dicky lock details and front fender details.
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-fiat0008.jpg  

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-fiat0004.jpg  

Old 26th March 2010, 19:46   #134
BHPian

Thanks Amol, In addition can I also request the photograph of the dicky lock mechanism (lock and the catch mechanism of your car) also
Old 26th March 2010, 19:57   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Amol, In addition can I also request the photograph of the dicky lock mechanism (lock and the catch mechanism of your car) also
It is identical to the mechanism shown in the diagram, however i will try to get you the photograph on the weekend. Cheerio

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks