Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2009, 12:45   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdoctorind View Post
What the car still needs (The list is exhaustive, need help )
  • The original Fiat Engine (No clue)

• Original Horn button (No clue)

• Fuel cap with lock (Threaded one) (I saw them ones with my parts guy, need to ransack his go down once again and will let you know)

• Fiat 1100 Monogram (Mubarak meter works in Bangalore Gujari has one along with the Jwell light on the dashboard, He might also have other parts also)

• wheel rims (I have seen one without locking clips in Bangalore Gujari)

• 3 ivory bakelite pushpull knobs (Even I am searching, very hard to find)

• Interior Lighted rear view mirror (I have one extra but its pretty hard to part with it, similarly for the horn button)

• Side patti's (door garnish) (I think Ajay (ajay 99 on forum) might be of help to you if you mean side trims)

• Headlights (I have tried carelo headlamps but did not get them in ebay as well. Any pointers here would be appreciated. (No clue)
Contact Info of Mubarak meter works.

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-mubarak-meter-works.jpg
Old 1st October 2009, 13:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post
Congratulations on the acquisition Cyberdoctorind!!!
Beautiful car indeed. Do share some more pictures.

So what engine is the car currently running on??
Thanks Marcus, The car when I purchased was with a PAL engine , now looking all over the place for a Fiat engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville
Good to see things moving here Shiva. All the best, do not hesitate to ask anything should you require.

If I remember right, this car also participated in a rally in Hyderabad a couple of years back?
Thanks Karl for your wishes and support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181
Good to see the thread opened Shiva. Hope Saleem has gotten back to his regular schedule and work will start on your already beautiful car.
Thanks Suren, with this Drag on the 3rd&4th around, Saleem is full time working for it, However the car is at the painter who thankfully is not doing anything related to the drag. So progress is kind of brisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
  • Fuel cap with lock (Threaded one) (I saw them ones with my parts guy, need to ransack his go down once again and will let you know) -- Thank you very much
  • Interior Lighted rear view mirror (I have one extra but its pretty hard to part with it, similarly for the horn button)--I understand sir, any idea where I can find one more. I have got hold of one guy who has it but now all I hear from him is Radio silence
  • Side patti's (door garnish) (I think Ajay (ajay 99 on forum) might be of help to you if you mean side trims)-- By Side Patti's I mean the running aluminium skirt on the doors. However the interior would also need to be made to original standards, so either way I need assistance
Thanks for the contact of Mubarak meter works, I will call them now
Old 1st October 2009, 15:52   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the contact of Mubarak meter works, I will call them now
Actually for the side Pattis i thought the ones marked in red in the picture. I think those are also not original, a side view of the car will help.

Also please save your pictures in JPEG format, they are very compact in size.

Also you will also need the rubber for the area marked in green, any chance of getting that one.

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-fiat.jpg
Old 1st October 2009, 16:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Actually for the side Pattis i thought the ones marked in red in the picture. I think those are also not original, a side view of the car will help.

Also please save your pictures in JPEG format, they are very compact in size.

Also you will also need the rubber for the area marked in green, any chance of getting that one.
Yes Manish you are right. This is the side patti's that I was referring to. I have spoken to ajay99 (thanks to you and suren) and I believe the I would get the Side Patti's from him. The photographs are in JPEG format but each one of them in a whooping 3MB in size due to my taking them in the largest available pixel setting's that my camera supports. Yes I completely forgot about the rubber. Thanks mate for pointing it out. One more added to the list. Mubarak guy has the 1100 Insignia now will have to figure out how to pick it up
Old 1st October 2009, 16:55   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Manish you are right. This is the side patti's that I was referring to. I have spoken to ajay99 (thanks to you and suren) and I believe the I would get the Side Patti's from him. The photographs are in JPEG format but each one of them in a whooping 3MB in size due to my taking them in the largest available pixel setting's that my camera supports. Yes I completely forgot about the rubber. Thanks mate for pointing it out. One more added to the list. Mubarak guy has the 1100 Insignia now will have to figure out how to pick it up
Me or Arun from our club can help you out on that, you just deal with mubarak, we will take care of logistics.
Old 1st October 2009, 16:59   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Me or Arun from our club can help you out on that, you just deal with mubarak, we will take care of logistics.
Super. Thanks again for your assistance
Old 1st October 2009, 17:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I completely forgot about the rubber. Thanks mate for pointing it out. One more added to the list.
Add one more to the list - Roof Gutter Trims . And do you have the fresh air intake system in your car (the one fitted on the side of radiator to allow fresh air inside the car)

Last edited by manishalive : 1st October 2009 at 17:12.
Old 1st October 2009, 17:32   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Add one more to the list - Roof Gutter Trims . And do you have the fresh air intake system in your car (the one fitted on the side of radiator to allow fresh air inside the car)
Oh my god, there's lot of things that needs to be procured Thanks for pointing out sir
Old 1st October 2009, 17:52   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Actually the roof gutter trims were available only on 58-62 models, not on this car.
Old 1st October 2009, 17:59   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post

If I remember right, this car also participated in a rally in Hyderabad a couple of years back?
Thats right Karl.This car participated in DHAA Jan 07 Rally when I owned it briefly for an year before i sold it and picked up a Super Select.
Old 1st October 2009, 18:00   #26

Ahh Excelent. Another Elegant Resto Thread!! Is it just me or are TeamBHP members picking up every last Elegant and Select/Superselect in India!!!
Old 1st October 2009, 21:05   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
  • Piano Switches (2)
  • Original Rim (1)
  • Indicator Stalk assy [ One stalk broken, tried to get a assembly replacement in vain, disassembled the assembly to find out the indicator stalk has broken close to the root. Will post picture for better clarity
What all has been procured

Stainless Steel Hubcaps [ did not get aluminium one's]
IIRC, your car should have stainless steel hubcaps only. Are they with holes in the centre? If not, they are all the more valuable! Even when you get original rims, even if they have the clips on them for fitting, DO NOT leave the caps on at all times, except for photos. They tend to fall off while running- suren nearly lost one (an aluminium one though) from his fiat on the way home from the 15th aug. rally here!
Also by piano switches, I guess you actually mean the TOGGLE switches, right? For eg. the ones I gave you?
BTW, I didn't know your car requires only 1 original rim! I thought they all were padmini ones??
I have an original (Italian) indicator stalk assembly with the cover from a super-select at home. It has both the levers intact but not sure if working or not. 'had a chocolate brown steering wheel from the same car also, but let it go (alongwith half a carload of fiat parts!) to a friend who bought my last ('67) fiat last year. 'cleared our house of nearly all the fiatful stuff I collected in nearly 2 years, else they could've even been thrown out by my mum by now.........or maybe even I would've been!
'wish you'd got this car a year earlier!
Anyways, never lose hope, as in most of our cases!

Quote:
That even surprises me. My 1993 PP has rust at lot of places but the elegant seriously does not have any major rust spots
That's partly because the elegants were made of much thicker and imported (Italian) metal than the padminis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Thats right Karl.This car participated in DHAA Jan 07 Rally when I owned it briefly for an year before i sold it and picked up a Super Select.
Yup, you can find a pic. or 2 of it here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/362896-post2.html

Of course, we didn't know each other yet then so hadn't met there.
Old 2nd October 2009, 09:24   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Ahh Excelent. Another Elegant Resto Thread!! Is it just me or are TeamBHP members picking up every last Elegant and Select/Superselect in India!!!

Did you pick up one more of these adding to your existing beauties?
Old 2nd October 2009, 09:30   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
IIRC, your car should have stainless steel hubcaps only. Are they with holes in the centre?
I have stainless steel hubcaps without holes
Quote:
Also by piano switches, I guess you actually mean the TOGGLE switches, right? For eg. the ones I gave you?
Yes Precisely
Quote:
BTW, I didn't know your car requires only 1 original rim! I thought they all were padmini ones??
I need all the 4 rims shyam. I have one 56 original rim
Quote:
I have an original (Italian) indicator stalk assembly with the cover from a super-select at home. It has both the levers intact but not sure if working or not.
I need it desperately
Old 2nd October 2009, 09:46   #30
BHPian

Some more photographs of the car. The photo's were unfortunately taken in the evening when the car was being towed to the workshop of Saleem. I did not get a chance to take the photographs in broad day light from the point of the car being purchased to the time when the car was towed to Saleem
[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-img_6350.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-img_6348.jpg  

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-img_6349.jpg  

Yet another Fiat Elegant (AAX7503)-img_6351.jpg  

Cyberdoctorind is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks