Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 15:11   #136
BHPian

Chanu, will bring her out as soon as possible. Would hope to be able to bring it out for the classic scooter drive, eventhough she cannot be termed a classic.
Old 8th September 2010, 23:44   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Chanu, will bring her out as soon as possible. Would hope to be able to bring it out for the classic scooter drive, eventhough she cannot be termed a classic.
That's fine anna, we are keen about love for scooters which is abundant in you so you are more than welcome. Your "little wonder" would be the first one to join our club in PL170 category. Hurray!!

Last edited by chanu : 8th September 2010 at 23:50.
Old 18th September 2010, 08:31   #138
BHPian

Your Vespa can phut-phut to Holland - The Times of India
Old 18th September 2010, 14:37   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneinsaan View Post
You mean my PL 170 would've fetched me 800 Euro?
Old 18th September 2010, 16:18   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneinsaan View Post
Is there not any ban on Scooters being shipped out?? Just like cars. I know a lot of people have done that and are still doing. Seen a lot of Foreign website selling indian scooters.

What this has done is raised the prices for us enthusiasts.
Old 24th October 2010, 17:36   #141

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper English in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 25th October 2010 at 17:15.
silverwheel is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th November 2010, 22:37   #142
Senior - BHPian

Vespa of France

Today i spotted numerous Vespa on the streets of Paris.Obviously they are most popular rides in Paris.Here is a LX 125 i spotted which was spectacular with wind screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-dsc00044.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-dsc00045.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-dsc00046.jpg  

Old 14th November 2010, 22:43   #143
BHPian

vespa PL 170

A thrissur based guy bought this scooter.he has plans to restore this and some more
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-image589.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-image590.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-image591.jpg  

Old 14th November 2010, 22:44   #144
Senior - BHPian

Right man at a right place, Ram I am enveying you but happy that you are showing the place and beautiful machines which I have never seen. I wish we could minimise these vehicles like lilliputs and hide it in our pockets and bring it down to Hyderabad.

Why are these beauties damaged Ram? are the Paris streets congested? spot lot of scooters, vintages, classics, new generations, accessories, T-Shirts etc just indulge Ram into these magical machines which spreads smiles, love.

Have fun Ram, wish you loads of good luck.
Old 14th November 2010, 22:55   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Right man at a right place, Ram I am enveying you but happy that you are showing the place and beautiful machines which I have never seen. I wish we could minimise these vehicles like lilliputs and hide it in our pockets and bring it down to Hyderabad.

Why are these beauties damaged Ram? are the Paris streets congested? spot lot of scooters, vintages, classics, new generations, accessories, T-Shirts etc just indulge Ram into these magical machines which spreads smiles, love.

Have fun Ram, wish you loads of good luck.
Bala..I spotted the Vespa & Piaggio show room,but it was closed.Tomorrow I will surely land up there.
Paris is very congested and has very narrow lanes,especially in the city centre.Hence the scooters are subjected to all the damages.
Old 16th November 2010, 00:04   #146
Senior - BHPian

Vespa Showroom-Paris

I would up quickly at my office and rushed to the Vespa show in Paris and it had an awesome collection of Vespa and Piaggio scooters.
A look at the goodies was irrestistable and i ended up purchasing Laptop Bag,Key Rings,Ceramic mug asusual.This like a bounty !!!

Bala..you would have gone mad,if you were in the showroom.hence i picked up one key ring for you too.
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-dsc00007.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-dsc00008.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-dsc00009.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-dsc00010.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-dsc00012.jpg  

Old 16th November 2010, 00:46   #147
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for that lovely memorobilia Ram, it will be a gift to my "Sparrow" on a special occassion coming soon (you got it through PM), thanks Ram for remembering me. Did you by anyways spot the actual beauties out there (old vintage beauties), had I been there with you yes I would have either charged for staring at people (It happenes when looking at automobiles but mistaken by people) or in a mental asylum shouting "vespa, vespa". I am happy for you Ram that you are enjoying every bit of time spent experiencing these lovely marvel machines. Have fun and do share with us, I am glued to this thread for more and more surprises.
Old 16th November 2010, 18:20   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

I happened to be passing through a locality opp. Uppal Bus Depot on my way back home yesterday evening, was in my office cab. And I noticed parked just outside a familiar scooter mechanic shed, a tired but restorable looking early Vespa, with the chetak type meter (but not sure if the original speedo was intact) and 'crested' handlebar! It had an APY regn. I later went back to the same place on my own to check out this scoot. It was still there but being dark, I couldnt make out much details and unfortunately on both occasions, the shed was locked up so couldnt find anyone there to ask about it.
'thought of find out today, with some hope, when I passed by that way this evening too, but the shed was still locked up and the Vespa disappeared!!

I guess it belonged to someone else who'd just parked it there. Oh well....!!

Last edited by Stanher : 16th November 2010 at 18:23.
Old 20th November 2010, 02:15   #149
Senior - BHPian

Salon Moto Legende Show - Paris

Salon Moto Legende:An Autoshow consecrated to two wheelers mostly of vintage,opened today in Paris.
I was invited to the show by the Lambretta Club of France.It was a spectacular show of most of the profilic motorcycles and huge meeting place for die hard motorcyclists.
Being a scooterist,I concentrated on Lambretta and Vespa stalls,though the cake was taken by the motorcycles.
Vespas disappointed me,but i was thrilled to see a LML Star !!
Lambretta France places an active role in organising meets in France
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-1.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-scoot1.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-scoot2.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-scoot3.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-scoot4.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-scoot5.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-scoot6.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-scoot7.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-scoot8.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-scoot9.jpg  

Old 20th November 2010, 13:40   #150
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ram in you having a unique opportunity to visit Salon Moto Legende Show and thanks for taking us there. Even I am also disappointed with the vespas they are looking shabby apart from that I find differences when compared to our ones in India, I'm not sure if they are original or ours, infact when it comes to comparing vespas abroad with ours I feel ours are similar and standard because abroad you find vespas with cheatak hubs and tyres (I meant bigger tyres) cheataks with vespa tyres (marked with arrow) etc. One thing for sure vespas have greater scope of modification and still retaining the original looks and performance.
Attached Thumbnails
Vespas and Vespas only-scoot5.jpg  

Vespas and Vespas only-scoot6.jpg  

Most Viewed