Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2009, 18:58   #1

Please Help to find spares for Mercedes Benz 123 series.

Anyone lover of Mercedes Benz 123 series.

Want to ask few questions?
1) Where i can find spares of it?
2) Anyone like to sell it off ask me first as i already have 2 123 series 250 and 240D and 190 201 series.

I have tried delhi but i cant find the parts from there also. Plzzzzzzzzzzzz Help
Old 20th October 2009, 12:21   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Two options:

1. Try the Opera House market in Mumbai.

2. More convenient, order online. GSF was highly recommended to me by Ajmat.
Old 20th October 2009, 13:39   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksinghg View Post
Anyone lover of Mercedes Benz 123 series.

Want to ask few questions?
1) Where i can find spares of it?
2) Anyone like to sell it off ask me first as i already have 2 123 series 250 and 240D and 190 201 series.

I have tried delhi but i cant find the parts from there also. Plzzzzzzzzzzzz Help
What parts are you looking for?
Old 20th October 2009, 14:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hi ksinghg. Welcome to Team-Bhp.
Please take time to go through the board rules to familiarise yourself and to help you browse here and be a part of this large family.

Nearly all W123 parts are available in Bombay. Anything to do with the engine, drive-train and suspension are available off the shelf brand new. Now what parts do you need?

Last edited by V-16 : 20th October 2009 at 15:00.
Old 20th October 2009, 15:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Patallam road in Thrissur, Kerala. He stocks quite a bit of spares for imports. Someone here had posted a pic of the shop. Anyways, will try find more info on the same.

What exactly are you looking for?

Last edited by beejay : 20th October 2009 at 15:00. Reason: what....
Old 20th October 2009, 23:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hi Welcome to T-bhp.

As Gogi ji said it depends on what are the part you require? I know for a fact that W123 parts are available and have been bought in large numbers from Delhi.A client of our has a 200D for which he sources almost everything from Delhi. So I think you need to try a bit harder. Do put up a list of the parts you are looking for.
Old 21st October 2009, 11:21   #7
Senior - BHPian

There a whole parts car also availble with most trim intact let me know if you are intersted
Old 23rd October 2009, 18:41   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Hi Welcome to T-bhp.

As Gogi ji said it depends on what are the part you require? I know for a fact that W123 parts are available and have been bought in large numbers from Delhi.A client of our has a 200D for which he sources almost everything from Delhi. So I think you need to try a bit harder. Do put up a list of the parts you are looking for.
Thank you sirji for the reply. I have tried from many. I usually buy from Jagat Motors and Rajnath Motors but i am not able to buy as they say now parts of new cars only.
The parts that i want are
1) Front complete grill
2) Hella/Bosch Quad Headlights
3) Differential complete

Thank you Sir for the reply.
I am from Punjab and not able to get parts from Mumbai. But will try. Can i know the person who deals in these parts. I want the original parts not of Taipen or china make.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Hi ksinghg. Welcome to Team-Bhp.
Please take time to go through the board rules to familiarise yourself and to help you browse here and be a part of this large family.

Nearly all W123 parts are available in Bombay. Anything to do with the engine, drive-train and suspension are available off the shelf brand new. Now what parts do you need?
Thank you sir. i will try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Two options:

1. Try the Opera House market in Mumbai.

2. More convenient, order online. GSF was highly recommended to me by Ajmat.

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd October 2009 at 18:47. Reason: Please use multi-quote option. Thanks
Old 9th June 2010, 13:20   #9
BHPian

HELP!!! i cant find headlights for my car (Mercedes Benz W123 200d)

I have a Mercedes Benz W123 200d which needed some work with the suspension. The suspension work is almost complete and it was'nt a headache finding suspension parts in Cochin. I've got to replace the RH Headlight assembly because of a cracked lens and a rusted reflector, but its turning out to be a night mare to find one to replace it with. So, if anyone can help me find one in Cochin it would be great help.

i'm looking for the square type light that came in the later W123's not the round ones.

A spares dealer in town said he could arrange it for me and after about 3 days called me up and said its ready for pickup, i got all exited and went to get it. Sadly it turned out to be a piece made in Taiwan (some cheapy brand) and it was a light for a LHD model. the plastics looked badly finished and the adjusters were very tight and so i rejected the piece. there were a few dealers who supplied parts for the W123 but some of them have now vanished and the rest of them supply bad parts.

So, gents, if any of you know a reliable parts dealer let me know. I would like to see the piece before i pay (from the past experience) so out of state dealers would make no sense. So, if anyones got any leads lemme know.

I dont mind used parts too as long as they are in good condition.

cheers
Saud.

Last edited by msaudf : 9th June 2010 at 13:25. Reason: additions
Old 9th June 2010, 13:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaudf View Post
So, gents, if any of you know a reliable parts dealer let me know. I would like to see the piece before i pay (from the past experience) so out of state dealers would make no sense. So, if anyones got any leads lemme know.

cheers
Saud.
Did you try Patallam market in Trichur.

FYI, There was a picture some where here of a shop there. Had a lot of 123/124 lights.
beejay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2010, 13:38   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post

FYI, There was a picture some where here of a shop there. Had a lot of 123/124 lights.

+1 if you go till trichur, also pay visit to coimbatore's ukkadam market, this place is south indias mecca for used auto parts you will surly get it. Pattalam is run by a bunch of rouges, they will not reduce the price come what may. Example i need wiper link for my lancer(the present one had some ply) i went there the price was 4k no negotiations for a old and rusty one, this one probably had more ply than mine, i went to a dealer in city and he gave a brand new depo manufactured link for 900 rs.

You might rename your thread to somethig like: replacement healdlights not available for w123, this current name is very misleading

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 9th June 2010 at 13:41.
pramodkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2010, 13:41   #12
BHPian

yes beejay i remember seeing the picture in the forum. i tried the trichur market but they did'nt have any W123 lights only W124 ones. i'v spread the word there so i'm guessing someone will get me info about them lights. thanks dude.
Old 9th June 2010, 13:46   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post

Isnt "Patallam market in Trichur" a 'choor bazaar'? Well, you do find some parts that could be useful, but they will be outrageously priced and you will need to drain your mouth bargaining with them to reduce the price.

I have also heard that you can 'order' parts with them. Wonder, how they bring in 'used car parts'??..
Old 9th June 2010, 13:49   #14
BHPian

a small suggestion

you can try benz motors in chennai where they have abundant stock of spares for 123/124. even if they dont have, they are able to get it done in a couple of days time and moreover they dont supply cheap spares as far as i've been getting it from them.
if you want their contact info, i can provide you through pm
benzbala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2010, 13:57   #15
BHPian

Pramod, i wanted readers to know my true emotion...;-).. if is that bad then i'll think of a nice topic header. thanks dude

Most Viewed