Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2010, 14:22   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
You want to bang my head?? I am not your BOSS! You are banging your head again! I think you need some counselling about your car restoration.
Sorry for the typo error. I meant my head. By the way this is all symbolic.
Old 4th August 2010, 14:37   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Just spoke to Nicco Engineering (dealers for Belzona), cold welding compound. The cost of compound is INR 7000 . Now replacement head is the only option.
Why all this? Isn't the head work done by the normal lathe shops enough? It will cost you maximum 2000rs..

Quote:
By the way this is all symbolic.
I know its symbolic. Whatever the difficulty, be ing all the while! It will make your difficult task - easy.
Old 10th August 2010, 15:12   #258
Senior - BHPian

Hi Manish! When are you back in Bangy?

In case you are going to Mumbai for FIAT parts shopping, Arun1100 wants to give you the wheel caps, which Karlos wanted.
Old 10th August 2010, 21:29   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Manish! When are you back in Bangy?

In case you are going to Mumbai for FIAT parts shopping, Arun1100 wants to give you the wheel caps, which Karlos wanted.
I was in Bangalore on weekend. Will be back on friday. Shall we meet on saturday. I will be in Mumbai but not for parts shopping :O{. Need to talk to Karl on how to deliver them to him.

Also please give my headlight doom that you have along with the hubcaps .

Now for the updates. the work is progressing very slow with tinker busy on other jobs. He has welded the replacement dicky panel but is way beyond complete. I have given him an ulimatum of 10 days.

The radiator has been repared, but I am disappointed with the shaby work and insisted on rework.

In another devlopment gave the self and dynamo for reconditioning, hope they come out good.

MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-dsc06978.jpg

MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-dsc06979.jpg
Old 19th August 2010, 22:13   #260
Senior - BHPian

Hi Manish!

Whats the status of your Fiat?

Arun1100 recently told me that the tinker is waiting for long due payment and will continue with the work only after that.

As you are not happy with his work ( ) why don't you shift your Fiat to some other garage?
Old 19th August 2010, 23:29   #261
BANNED

Quote:
Hi Manish!

As you are not happy with his work ( ) why don't you shift your Fiat to some other garage?

What.....!

In this present day, a tinker working on a old car is extremely rare. Whatever money anyone is willing to offer, today's tinkers dread working on old cars. Wonder why.

I feel Nizaam bhai'sn work is a fair job (Not exceptional) but thats the way it is these days.
Old 20th August 2010, 05:49   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Whatever money anyone is willing to offer, today's tinkers dread working on old cars. Wonder why.
This case is classic example saar. A experienced tinker like Nizaam Bhai can earn at least 2k to 3k daily, by working on new gen cars. Now this Select is there with him since two or three months and he has been paid 15k till now. Such delays will surely discourage him from working on old cars. ( )
Old 23rd August 2010, 20:01   #263
Senior - BHPian

No new updates as I was busy with official work. The tinker is yet to do a lot of work, and I say a lot.

Mechanicals will start only when tinkering is done, same is with paint.

One the other note the original Fiat Dynamo and Self starter, require almost every thing to be changed / rewinded and extra 5 grand.

This weekend plant to shop for 1. Chassis 2. Fuel tank 3. Seat Bottoms from Scrapyard as all the three on my car are beyond repair. The original Fuel level gauge though is there, to be refurbished.

On the Engine side I am still looking for a good replacement Head, hope I find it or else would go with welding.

All the brightwork require some amount of tinkering before sending for Chrome plating and again they will be done once tinkering is over.

Restoring a car is real toughf guys especially when you yourself are an enthusiast and also have Job to do.

Also not to forget is the Hunt for a matching upholstry for my car.
Old 23rd August 2010, 20:06   #264
BANNED

Quote:
No new updates as I was busy with official work. The tinker is yet to do a lot of work, and I say a lot.

Mechanicals will start only when tinkering is done, same is with paint.

One the other note the original Fiat Dynamo and Self starter, require almost every thing to be changed / rewinded and extra 5 grand.

This weekend plant to shop for 1. Chassis 2. Fuel tank 3. Seat Bottoms from Scrapyard as all the three on my car are beyond repair. The original Fuel level gauge though is there, to be refurbished.

On the Engine side I am still looking for a good replacement Head, hope I find it or else would go with welding.

All the brightwork require some amount of tinkering before sending for Chrome plating and again they will be done once tinkering is over.

Restoring a car is real toughf guys especially when you yourself are an enthusiast and also have Job to do.

Also not to forget is the Hunt for a matching upholstry for my car.
Sir..............!

One car and you say this
Old 24th August 2010, 10:15   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sir..............!

One car and you say this
No it's not like that. If I had all the time to devote. 24x7, things would be much better but then you work for someone and like you we are not self employed .

Any way I have decided to take off tomorrow, could you please furnish me the contact infor of our lathe guy.

I thing I will recondition the same head. Apart from that I have all it needs to Build the Engine.
Old 24th August 2010, 20:56   #266
BHPian

Quote:
What.....!

In this present day, a tinker working on a old car is extremely rare. Whatever money anyone is willing to offer, today's tinkers dread working on old cars. Wonder why.

I feel Nizaam bhai'sn work is a fair job (Not exceptional) but thats the way it is these days.
It's very unfortunate but that's the stark truth about the tinkers. You pay tons of money / pay them very less and the situation is the same. My tinker tells me "Saab aap jaante hona mein aapke saamne last 3 mahine mey 300 car's denting kareke bheja aapke gaadi mein kaam karne keliye jabse liya"
Old 24th August 2010, 22:06   #267
BANNED

Quote:
No it's not like that. If I had all the time to devote. 24x7, things would be much better but then you work for someone and like you we are not self employed .

Any way I have decided to take off tomorrow, could you please furnish me the contact infor of our lathe guy.

I thing I will recondition the same head. Apart from that I have all it needs to Build the Engine.
You are treading the wrong path.

Call Mohan on 9880940576 (LATHE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdoctorind View Post
It's very unfortunate but that's the stark truth about the tinkers. You pay tons of money / pay them very less and the situation is the same. My tinker tells me "Saab aap jaante hona mein aapke saamne last 3 mahine mey 300 car's denting kareke bheja aapke gaadi mein kaam karne keliye jabse liya"
Sad reality my friend.

But life and restorations has to move on, so, somehow getting a new broom to sweep every 2 years.
Old 25th August 2010, 08:45   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are treading the wrong path.

Call Mohan on 9880940576 (LATHE)
What you mean by wrong path, I could not get you? Thanks for the contact info and I have the tail light for you, I think we meet up on saturday.

@Shiva: Aptly said.
Old 25th August 2010, 08:58   #269
BANNED

Quote:
What you mean by wrong path, I could not get you? Thanks for the contact info and I have the tail light for you, I think we meet up on saturday.

@Shiva: Aptly said.
Please find a different Head, else you need to your head if any other trouble surfaces after restoration.

Just because its ORIGINAL, does'nt make it that important if it affects functionability of your engine.
Old 30th August 2010, 15:43   #270
Senior - BHPian

I take the honor to post few pics of MPR as requested by Arun1100.
Attached Thumbnails
MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-sp_a0021.jpg  

MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-sp_a0022.jpg  

MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-sp_a0023.jpg  

MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-sp_a0024.jpg  

MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-sp_a0025.jpg  

MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-sp_a0026.jpg  

MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-sp_a0027.jpg  

MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-sp_a0028.jpg  

MPR 4142, 1959 Fiat 103D Select Restoration.-sp_a0029.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com