Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 23:37   #46

Thanks once again guys.Steel beading on the rear glass is not available anywhere that is why we stuck to Aluminuim,The alternator was installed for the a/c,The jalwa horns still make the "paam' sound and the car still has the electrical pump,it works once ignition is switched on,The steel wiper arms and original gear lever is not available in this part of kerala will be happy if you guys can help me. Mr Foby the paintshop is bang opposite the cherpu petrol pump,one Mr Raphael or Rappai runs the shop his paint job is super.I will be glad to meet you my contact nos is 9961607885
Old 9th January 2010, 00:22   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjoepaulp View Post
Thanks once again guys.Steel beading on the rear glass is not available anywhere that is why we stuck to Aluminuim,The alternator was installed for the a/c,The jalwa horns still make the "paam' sound and the car still has the electrical pump,it works once ignition is switched on,The steel wiper arms and original gear lever is not available in this part of kerala will be happy if you guys can help me. Mr Foby the paintshop is bang opposite the cherpu petrol pump,one Mr Raphael or Rappai runs the shop his paint job is super.I will be glad to meet you my contact nos is 9961607885

Buddy I am in office now and I will contact you tomorrow . ma number is 90 37 27 63 58.

How about the over all cost involved in the complete project ?
Old 10th January 2010, 11:28   #48
BHPian

When HM had Ambassadors changed over to the OHV engine from the Landmaster side valve in 1961, they had very special "OHV 61" logos on each rear wing just over the rear tai lamps for some time. I have almost never seen these logos now for many years !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
A logo like that, to the best of my knowledge, wouldn't exist as OE at all! For the reasons I'd mentioned before, the car was officially never known as "mark1".
Old 10th January 2010, 11:33   #49
BHPian

Dear Subhasis,
I am looking for Mark 1 front grille & front & rear bumpers, please anyone help !!
I have a genuine 1960 Ambassador with known & recorded pedigree. It has now an HM 1760 blueprinted engine, but the front has been converted into a mArk 4 (sacrilege !!!) & I want to bring it back to a genuine Mark 1 !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhasis_999 View Post
Dr Joe,

My native place is Uttarpara where the HM plant is. I will try to source the Mark1 logo if you give a go ahead.
Old 10th January 2010, 15:09   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shramik View Post
Dear Subhasis,
I am looking for Mark 1 front grille & front & rear bumpers, please anyone help !!
I have a genuine 1960 Ambassador with known & recorded pedigree. It has now an HM 1760 blueprinted engine, but the front has been converted into a mArk 4 (sacrilege !!!) & I want to bring it back to a genuine Mark 1 !!
Did you try in Gujiri?
Old 10th January 2010, 18:19   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shramik View Post
When HM had Ambassadors changed over to the OHV engine from the Landmaster side valve in 1961, they had very special "OHV 61" logos on each rear wing just over the rear tai lamps for some time. I have almost never seen these logos now for many years !!!
These OHV logos were an after market add on.I have one which is of brass with chrome plating.Some would affix these on the front fender while in others these would be affixed on the rear boot cover where the Mark 4/ISZ1800 and so on logos appear now as OE.
Old 16th January 2010, 17:53   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Did you try in Gujiri?
arun, try in sakthan thampuran nagar in thrissur
Old 17th January 2010, 01:47   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Did you try in Gujiri?

The reowned Pattalam market is an option to find it.

You can also check that out in swadeshi at kuruppam road.

I just found a set of BMW 7 series alloy wheels with tyres there in pattalam market. There is also an other set or BMW 7 series alloy wheels, when enquired I came to know that they started importing used spares from abroad.
Old 17th January 2010, 02:26   #54
Senior - BHPian

There are no MK1 parts in Pattalam, or any of the surrounding markets, unless some car has been broken in the past 2-3 months(Very unlikely). Almost all the ohv/landy parts which were available there, are now in cochin
Old 17th January 2010, 10:08   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
The reowned Pattalam market is an option to find it.

You can also check that out in swadeshi at kuruppam road.

I just found a set of BMW 7 series alloy wheels with tyres there in pattalam market. There is also an other set or BMW 7 series alloy wheels, when enquired I came to know that they started importing used spares from abroad.
can we import used spares from abroad?
I ask this because when I requested a friend in britain to send me some used genuine morris spares,he said it is legal only to send new/unused spares to INDIA
Old 6th February 2010, 21:12   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai3033 View Post
Yes boohooper as Shyam had mentioned those tail lights are orginal but the plate between the lenses is an period aftermarket one. Infact they used to come in different designs like Mark1, Mark2 logo and also left & right arrows.
Dear Sir, the plate you are mentioining used to have a chequred pattern without any logo or sign in it, we had purchased a brand new mark2 from National Garage in Mumbai on 27.03.1965 and I distinktly remember having that tail light covers as mentioned.It was supplied with made in England Head Lights, Voltage Regulator,Dynamo,SU Carburettor,and last but not the least that positive and healthy thud when its doors were closed shut.I think that it had Made In England indicator flasher unit also,the horns which came along with the car lasted till we sold the car in 1987. It aws a sad farewell and a unique one we had purchased the car in 1965 for 18200/- we sold it in 1987 for 18000/-after using it for 22 yrs, it was beyond restoration and was finally given away to a dealer.NO WHEREABOUTS after that the regd no. was MRZ 3129,COLOUR WAS VALLEY GREEN.
Old 6th February 2010, 21:33   #57

Hi ,

Can you upload the exact snap of the grill and the other parts so that I can source the correct parts.
Old 7th February 2010, 09:54   #58
Senior - BHPian

the 2 original mark1 working smith meters are available in an old scrap shop here.
if interested,pm me for details
Old 10th February 2010, 01:28   #59
BHPian

Nice job..and now that makes me to start my 67 Fiat restoration asap.

Not to Thread crap..I need suggestions for a good paint booth in central travancore..50 km radius of Mavelikkara (so from Kottayam till Kollam).

Thanks
Old 6th April 2010, 12:17   #60
BHPian

Hi Doc ,

Where did you source the white wall tyres from? How much ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks