Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2010, 19:34   #46
Senior - BHPian

BTW can anybody throw some light on the meter console of my car. Is it not original as stated by Arun bhai.
Old 7th February 2010, 20:43   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
BTW can anybody throw some light on the meter console of my car. Is it not original as stated by Arun bhai.
The instrument cluster is indeed original to the car.
Old 7th February 2010, 21:16   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
Thanks for clearing out the doubts Adheesh.
Old 7th February 2010, 22:48   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
I had thought that the old type meters did not come with the new type combination switch.
Old 7th February 2010, 23:29   #50
Senior - BHPian

Samsag wish you good luck for your car restoration, and adding to the point as you have mentioned your liking for quarter glass even I had the same. Why cut glass and re assemble it to the existing door why not buy the doors from the scrap yard and get it fixed to the car as the process is easier than fidling with the glass and mechanism.

The draft badge for the Lucknow club is looking cool and elegant also. great job guys, let the Lucknow fiat club rock.
Old 8th February 2010, 22:52   #51
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

enhanced 3d logo for fiat 1100 lucknow club
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-fcl_logo3.jpg  

Old 8th February 2010, 23:34   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
enhanced 3d logo for fiat 1100 lucknow club
Karthik MB: Superb job there!! How will the sticker be done? Like our club's sticker or will it have to be printed?
Old 9th February 2010, 09:38   #53

Dear Samsag12, The meters on your S1 is not original. If I remember correctly S1s came with different meters, with a clock on them, also LED lights for oil, fuel reserve etc. Please do check it out. Coz I had owned a 137D 1997 model, so when I was purchasing this car, I sure did have seen S1s at the showroom. Also S1s had water jetted inlet manufolds, for emission control, I guess, also had a different exhaust manufold from that of other fiats.Please make a double check on these matters.
Old 9th February 2010, 10:18   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEN X JEEP View Post
Dear Samsag12, The meters on your S1 is not original. If I remember correctly S1s came with different meters, with a clock on them, also LED lights for oil, fuel reserve etc. Please do check it out. Coz I had owned a 137D 1997 model, so when I was purchasing this car, I sure did have seen S1s at the showroom. Also S1s had water jetted inlet manufolds, for emission control, I guess, also had a different exhaust manufold from that of other fiats.Please make a double check on these matters.
Hey GEN X JEEP please refer to my post no 42 on this thread. My PP S1 is an August 1995 model probably the first batch of S1 labeled PP. So the meter is the same as pre S1 Padminis. Later on it was changed to the clock one. Sir mine has the 4X2 exhaust manifold, i.e. there are 2 exhaust pipes running from exhaust manifold to the the catalytic converter which joins the muffler followed by the tail pipe (1.75" in diameter). Mine didn't have the catalytic converter as we didn't opted for the unleaded petrol one.
Old 9th February 2010, 10:36   #55
Senior - BHPian

Finally got hold of the Wiper Park switch for my car yesterday with the help of a fellow BHPian. Attached pics
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0009.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0010.jpg  

Old 9th February 2010, 10:47   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally got hold of the Wiper Park switch for my car yesterday with the help of a fellow BHPian. Attached pics
All we FCB guys were at the Stephen's Square when Manish picked up the Wiper Switch for you!!
Old 9th February 2010, 12:29   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
All we FCB guys were at the Stephen's Square when Manish picked up the Wiper Switch for you!!
OK so thanks to you all for helping me. (Sirji lekin aapne kabhi zikar nahi kiya is baare mein) BTW regarding the meter console of my car, many are raising the doubt that it is not an OEM one which came on the S1. As stated previously the car came with that meter from the factory and it was never changed as whenever the car used to visit the garage i used to accompany it and sat there all the time watching the fun of repairing the car even as a kid. Adheesh already pointed out that it is an original one. Seems like i have a unique model of S1 the Special one.
Old 9th February 2010, 15:15   #58

Congratulations Sagar and all members of FIAT 1100 Club Lucknow family!

Passion is truly contagious!

Witnessing the charms and cheers shared by all of us FCCCI family throughout Bhaarat, wishing you fantastic times ahead and shared moments of joy!

Feel free to contact any one of us for any support required...

Cheers and best wishes,

Subhash Karmarkar
and all FIAT Classic Car Club of India family
Old 9th February 2010, 19:05   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chakradhar View Post
Congratulations Sagar and all members of FIAT 1100 Club Lucknow family!

Passion is truly contagious!

Witnessing the charms and cheers shared by all of us FCCCI family throughout Bhaarat, wishing you fantastic times ahead and shared moments of joy!

Feel free to contact any one of us for any support required...

Cheers and best wishes,

Subhash Karmarkar
and all FIAT Classic Car Club of India family
Thanks for the best wishes and support Mr. Chakradhar. Its a delight for me to have such kind of support from various parts of the country. As stated in my introductory post (herein refer to as 1st post) i got inspired by the various fiat clubs prevailing in India. Always thought of how to save the heritage of Indian motoring from being scrapped. The answer to this was here in Team-bhp. So i took the initiative and formed the club in order to contribute a little from my side to preserve our heritage.
Once again i would like to thank you and all the members who helped and inspired me to take this initiative.
Old 9th February 2010, 20:16   #60

Quote:
Hey GEN X JEEP please refer to my post no 42 on this thread. My PP S1 is an August 1995 model probably the first batch of S1 labeled PP. So the meter is the same as pre S1 Padminis. Later on it was changed to the clock one. Sir mine has the 4X2 exhaust manifold, i.e. there are 2 exhaust pipes running from exhaust manifold to the the catalytic converter which joins the muffler followed by the tail pipe (1.75" in diameter). Mine didn't have the catalytic converter as we didn't opted for the unleaded petrol one.
Dear Sir, I am terribly sorry If I had misled you. I am also a diehard fiat fan. I along with my bro own a couple of millicentos, also under restoration is a FIAT 1200 GRANLUCE whose finished pics will soon appear on T BHP site.
Thank you & Best regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks