Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2010, 20:37   #61
Senior - BHPian

I inquired about the various light fittings of S1 and got the following quote. Comments welcome.
Front headlight Assembly pair lumax Rs 150
Front parking lights " Rs 80
No plate light " Rs 150
Reverse light " Rs. 100
Cabin light Rs 70
All the fittings are of union make as i don't need very expensive ones and all are excluding the bulb and holder.
Old 9th February 2010, 21:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEN X JEEP View Post
Dear Sir, I am terribly sorry If I had misled you. I am also a diehard fiat fan. I along with my bro own a couple of millicentos, also under restoration is a FIAT 1200 GRANLUCE whose finished pics will soon appear on T BHP site.
Thank you & Best regards
Hi Gen X Jeep, a warm welcome !!
Please post pictures of the gran luce, in whatever current condition - Can't wait till she's restored, we're very hungry for pictures on this forum.
Old 10th February 2010, 15:03   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEN X JEEP View Post
I am also a diehard fiat fan. I along with my bro own a couple of millicentos, also under restoration is a FIAT 1200 GRANLUCE whose finished pics will soon appear on T BHP site.
Maybe you could start with pictures of all 3 cars in their current/unrestored state? We would really like to see. All the best for your resto.
Old 12th February 2010, 09:12   #64

Hi, Thanx guys for the welcome and the support. I will post pics soon. One of our dukkar's pic was posted by you, Karlos, Its a dukkar with NE heart. Its been in stored state since past couple of years, to tell the truth, she has not seen sun (nor moon) for past couple of years.
Old 20th February 2010, 14:43   #65
Senior - BHPian

Went for a hunting spree to the junkyard and bought some parts. The list includes
1. Original speedometer of PP S1. The one with clock.
2. Original speedometer of some old model (actually don't know. Will post some pics )
3. Two headlamps one lucas make and the other Lumax make.
4. Combination switch (the old type indicator switch which has 2 stalks on right side)
5. Horn button old vertical PAL logo type.
6. Dry air filter box.

Can anybody state the total amount for the whole package of parts.
Also saw some old type bumper of a fiat having long full steel bumper guards with it. Which model should it have been.

Last edited by samsag12 : 20th February 2010 at 14:47.
Old 20th February 2010, 14:45   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post

Can anybody state the total amount for the whole package of parts.
I would have paid totally 350/-
Old 20th February 2010, 19:01   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also saw some old type bumper of a fiat having long full steel bumper guards with it. Which model should it have been.
It might be of a Fiat delights', if so they are a real tresure need to stock them, how much is he asking for.
Old 20th February 2010, 19:39   #68
Senior - BHPian

Hey Chanu didn't asked for the price of the bumpers but they were indeed delight's one as you pointed out as they were having long pointed full steel bumper guards.
BTW how much should i quote for it (set of 2 front and rear) Will they fit on PP S1.
Arun bhai if you pay only Rs.350 for these parts then can you post the breakup cost of each item. Also can anybody state the cost which one should pay for the above mentioned meters.
I am attaching the pics of the parts procured.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0045.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0046.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0047.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0049.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0050.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0051.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0053.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0054.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0055.jpg  

Fiat 1100 Club of Lucknow-image0056.jpg  

Old 20th February 2010, 19:44   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
It might be of a Fiat delights',
Could also be from a Select, Super-select- I had quite a few of those salvaged from such cars lying around at home a couple of years ago, to the extent of my mom being ready to throw either me or those out of the house!

Luckily they went off to a good home! I do still have a pair (front and rear) from a super-select lying around I guess.
Old 20th February 2010, 19:55   #70
Senior - BHPian

how much should be the max to be paid for the pair of these bumpers and how to identify them as select/super select/delight ones. There were only parts from the lookalikes of PP which include Delight, president, padmini
Old 20th February 2010, 20:03   #71
Senior - BHPian

Yes my friend you can fit those bumpers to you S1 however if you are planning to convert your car look like a Delight.
Old 20th February 2010, 20:08   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes my friend you can fit those bumpers to you S1 however if you are planning to convert your car look like a Delight.
Chanu if time permits i will lay my hands on it. Even right now i can book them over phone. I think delight ones are good looking and would look good but if anyone seriously needs them i can get it as i am not planning to get my car delighted. The asking price is 800 for a set.Can be brought down a little. Arun bhai do you need one.

Last edited by samsag12 : 20th February 2010 at 20:13.
Old 20th February 2010, 21:58   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
BTW how much should i quote for it (set of 2 front and rear) Will they fit on PP S1.
Quote:
Technically they can, but if you want to fit the longer rear bumper, you will have to make holes in the sides just behind the rear wheel arches, as these come with extra bolts there (see pic.)

Name:  delbumper.JPG
Views: 690
Size:  93.3 KB
Old 20th February 2010, 22:42   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Chanu didn't asked for the price of the bumpers but they were indeed delight's one as you pointed out as they were having long pointed full steel bumper guards.
Arun bhai if you pay only Rs.350 for these parts then can you post the breakup cost of each item. Also can anybody state the cost which one should pay for the above mentioned meters.
I am attaching the pics of the parts procured.
Sagar Bhai How much did you paid for the first meter. I am looking for the meter surround and the toggle switches. If you do not need them I will take it.
Old 20th February 2010, 23:14   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Sagar Bhai How much did you paid for the first meter. I am looking for the meter surround and the toggle switches. If you do not need them I will take it.
Initially the person was asking 300 but after bargaining it cost me 200. Is the amount paid OK. If you require i will definitely search one for you on my next visit probably coming Wednesday. You require only the toggle switches and the chrome meter surround or the full working meter. BTW which model meter is it.
Also the combination switch which i procured, is it available in the market.(new)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks