Team-BHP - Retro fit seat belts
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   Retro fit seat belts (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/75307-retro-fit-seat-belts.html)

I'd like to fit seat belts in my bug. Any suggestions on where I can buy a set. I'm assuming I can adapt one from a local car to fit.
Thx!
Byas

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71Convertible (Post 1727161)
I'd like to fit seat belts in my bug. Any suggestions on where I can buy a set. I'm assuming I can adapt one from a local car to fit.
Thx!
Byas

Go for the Originals Byas. Plenty available on ebay and thesamba.com I have bought mine for my bug as well as Baywindow. They are now starting to get expensive and hard to find but I am sure you should be able to get.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71Convertible (Post 1727161)
Thx!
Byas

Rather than adapting why don't you get a genuine set? They are freely available with most major Beetle parts suppliers. Your car looks too good for you to adapt something else:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67Bug (Post 1727189)
Go for the Originals Byas. Plenty available on ebay and thesamba.com I have bought mine for my bug as well as Baywindow. They are now starting to get expensive and hard to find but I am sure you should be able to get.

There is a VW spares supplier in Delhi too, klassic essentials or something. They used to send me frequent emails with news of parts etc. Until they must've realised I'm not a VW owner (yet!) :)

afaik NOS GENUINE VW seat belts were made by REPA(germany),KLIPPAN(USA) .
they are really expensive.
there is one advertised in ebay for USD100(in original VW box)

I'd like to get original and am making enquiries. I'm having trouble getting an entire set - front and back that are matched. Thought I'd put something on until I get a full set. More interested in the back belts for now so that I can secure the car seats for my kids.

Byas

Try MUL dealers they can get you decent quality ones. Not the Original VW though.

They cost about 1200 for complete set with seat belt indicator switch at the lock end.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71Convertible (Post 1728360)
I'd like to get original and am making enquiries. I'm having trouble getting an entire set - front and back that are matched. Thought I'd put something on until I get a full set. More interested in the back belts for now so that I can secure the car seats for my kids.

Byas

I got hold of one set when on my last visit to Mumbai.

Original VW retractable seatbelts, and that was with Ratilal.

Costed me Rs.6000/- including 3 original VW Switches.

All the above went into my 1967 1500 VW Bug

Hi Gurus,

I too have one small query from my side and I'm feeling stupid for this :D
I have Esteem which is 2001 VX model and don't have rear seat belts.
Can I have them fitted from car accessories shops in Mumbai? I don't know, whether it's possible or not. If yes, will they be effective and reliable. What will be the cost involved here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dev_kudle (Post 1729483)
Hi Gurus,

I too have one small query from my side and I'm feeling stupid for this :D
I have Esteem which is 2001 VX model and don't have rear seat belts.
Can I have them fitted from car accessories shops in Mumbai? I don't know, whether it's possible or not. If yes, will they be effective and reliable. What will be the cost involved here.

Hi,

You should be able to do it. I did it for my 2002 Wagon R to install my kid's car seat. I got it done from the Maruti service centre. Had to pay in advance, the belts were ordered in and then they informed me and I took the car to get it installed.

quite simple ...however daunting it may sound.

regards

Jai