Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2010, 16:12   #196
Senior - BHPian

This must be a very rare grill and a priced posession.This is the first time,Im seeing such an exotic grill.
Old 15th March 2010, 20:57   #197
Senior - BHPian

Folks..i need Wheel caps for my Delight as I want to chane the current ones,as they belong to Amby.While the original wheels caps are stored at home,meant only for special occassions.
Today i did a recee in whole of Hyderabad and came back empty handed.
Any pointers?
Old 15th March 2010, 21:03   #198
Senior - BHPian

Did you checked at scrapyard. Am sure you will find it there. You want half wheel caps or full ones. How do the original ones look. Are you talking about the ones which have PAL embossed at centre.
Old 15th March 2010, 23:17   #199
Senior - BHPian

Sagar bhai..Scrapyard didnt have any.
Im looking for PAL type of wheelcaps.
Old 15th March 2010, 23:36   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Here is the sun shade I am talking about for my car. I am happy as I was looking for the excact pattern with two chrome strips. Thanks Shyam.
My pleasure bala! 'glad I'd decided to retain this one sunvisor rather than give it away with the other 2 I had (inc. one from a select) when I sold my last delight.
Your mention of quarter-glasses just had me going ayyyo!! Sorry, I forgot to bring the pair with me when we met the other day!!
'will get you those as well the next time for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
I have a sunshade of this design as seen in SuperSelect's car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Arun..are theses sunshades part of the original fittings for the Select and Super Selects,if so,I will try to get for my SS.
Nope, they never were OE on any cars, but aftermarket ones made in a similar way even for Ambys, my Companion too had one. Original (and much better) ones were like what I gave Bala, but the length would be slightly shorter on selects/SS. Here is one that I'd found on the very first fiat (select) I'd come across and stripped for parts at Suraj Talkies around May '07. I'd later got this painted white, intending to fit on my select (remember that one?), but never got to since I decided to sell the car later. So let Karl have this one instead.

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat049.jpg

BTW, the garage that I am carrying out the Herald resto has a similar one in the same colour lying with them. I did ask them once to let me have it (and also one from a Herald! ), they said later. 'will try and ask them again for you one of these days!

Last edited by Stanher : 15th March 2010 at 23:40.
Old 16th March 2010, 00:52   #201
Senior - BHPian

Wow this car seems to be an running car did it get scrapped Shyam or was it rescued? Aiyyo I wish I had met you before and would have came to the yard (suraj talkies) and I would had atleast one of this kind.. again reitrating your delight which was lying with Mr.Modi was a great miss for me Shyam. Do we still have chance of getting on Shyam with these guys?

No problem sir, the other day when we met it was a starting to a never ending bond. I should say you have a great passion at this young age for these metal wonders Shyam. Keep it up my friend!

Last edited by chanu : 16th March 2010 at 00:53.
Old 16th March 2010, 00:57   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Arun..are theses sunshades part of the original fittings for the Select and Super Selects,if so,I will try to get for my SS.
Does the SS/Padmini/Delite have the same witdh? where the sun shade is fixed, even if not can't we take one similar to what Shyam gave to me and fix it on SS at the most it might get a curve in the center even that would be looking good. If not we can cut few mm/inches in the middle to an appropriate size and weld and once the repainting is done it shouldn't have any trace

Last edited by chanu : 16th March 2010 at 01:02.
Old 16th March 2010, 13:11   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Wow this car seems to be an running car did it get scrapped Shyam or was it rescued?
Saar, please go through this post of mine! It should answer your question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Here is one that I'd found on the very first fiat (select) I'd come across and stripped for parts at Suraj Talkies around May '07.
I'd also fitted the 'fish-shape' side-indicators (albeit missing the covers as you can see) seats and front grille of this car onto my select. It even had both the original aluminium select tail-lights (but sans covers) albeit one was slightly damaged, which I also took but didnt use. Yes, I agree this car was salvageable!
In fact I think I'd seen this very car once before, driven by a fat guy into the parking of Mediciti Hospital (near Hotel Sarovar/Opp. Secratariat) to drop someone at said hospital that day. This was back in 2001-02. I somehow had a feeling this was the same car. But it seems to have been had a repaint (that too shabbily!) since, plus when I'd seen it then, it was more complete with nearly all the side-trims and IIRC even the hubcaps intact!

Quote:
Aiyyo I wish I had met you before and would have came to the yard (suraj talkies) and I would had atleast one of this kind.. again reitrating your delight which was lying with Mr.Modi was a great miss for me Shyam. Do we still have chance of getting on Shyam with these guys?
I too wish the same! Quite a few restorable 1100s like these had sadly been broken 2-3 years ago because of no takers then! One of them was a very complete one-family owned car, with the regn. APC 1! I tried to negotiate on that and missed it just by a fraction! t was worth buying atleast for that number!
You can still try by touching that place now and then. You never know...!
Old 16th March 2010, 16:02   #204
Senior - BHPian

The Quest for the Wheels caps ended today as I managed to buy brand new ones at Mehta Automobiles for Rs.500(4 Pieces).I eagerly came home and replaced the Amby ones with new ones.This earned chagrins from my wife,as even on Festival day,I ended up shopping for the Delight rather than the family...Fiat Passion,I call !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00015d.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00016f.jpg  

Old 16th March 2010, 16:08   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Quest for the Wheels caps ended today as I managed to buy brand new ones at Mehta Automobiles for Rs.500(4 Pieces).I eagerly came home and replaced the Amby ones with new ones.
Nice find Ram! Which make are those wheel caps? COX?

Quote:
This earned chagrins from my wife,as even on Festival day,I ended up shopping for the Delight rather than the family...Fiat Passion,I call !!!
Similar thing happened to me.. Today morning I took bath and was ready by 8.. My parents were thinking I was ready cos of festival. For their surprise, I went out of home and returned home after 2 hrs with grease smelling all over me! I had to accompany Karthik for S1 service.

Yes Ram this is Fiat passion!
Old 16th March 2010, 16:24   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Arun,These wheel caps were made by Everest Auto in Mumbai.The box even had their customer care details (everestauto@hotmail.com ; 022-23074938)
Old 16th March 2010, 16:33   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Arun,These wheel caps were made by Everest Auto in Mumbai.The box even had their customer care details (everestauto@hotmail.com ; 022-23074938)
May be Shyam can help us. Do you know Everest brand?
COX was a very good quality make for wheel caps and many more products like headlight ring and some accessories for wheels.. There was another company MOX.
Haven't heard of Everest..
Old 16th March 2010, 17:01   #208
Senior - BHPian

Looks wonderful on the car. So finally you got them new. The eye catching color of the car itself is a major point and the color complements every accessory attached to the car.
Old 16th March 2010, 20:09   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Looks wonderful on the car. So finally you got them new. The eye catching color of the car itself is a major point and the color complements every accessory attached to the car.
Sagar Bhai..Thanks.
Indeed it is a pleasure to see new caps glittering on the wheels.Took the car for a spin this evening just to see the new wheels caps blend with the car !!!

Last edited by hillram : 16th March 2010 at 20:13.
Old 16th March 2010, 20:11   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Quest for the Wheels caps ended today as I managed to buy brand new ones at Mehta Automobiles for Rs.500(4 Pieces).I eagerly came home and replaced the Amby ones with new ones.This earned chagrins from my wife,as even on Festival day,I ended up shopping for the Delight rather than the family...Fiat Passion,I call !!!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
May be Shyam can help us. Do you know Everest brand?
COX was a very good quality make for wheel caps and many more products like headlight ring and some accessories for wheels.. There was another company MOX.
Haven't heard of Everest..
I think I have come across the name Everest auto....'dont recall buying any of this brand though. COX still do make hubcaps (only stainless steel I reckon), even for Ambys. I got a stainless steel set (which I prefer to the new chrome ones that hardly have enough sheen and rust like nothing else!) for my Pennant of this brand only. They are not as heavy as the original hubcaps but atleast they dont ever rust! I've also seen "NOX" and "MOX" ones in stainless.

The hubcaps ram has fitted came on the last of the padminis, and no offence to anyone, but as a rule I generally used to avoid any cosmetic parts that came on the last of the PPs. Especially any chrome parts- these hubcaps, if chrome, are potential rust-traps and I found hardly last one monsoon! If they are stainless steel however, nothing to worry about.

Last edited by Stanher : 16th March 2010 at 20:16.

Most Viewed