Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 15:07   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
'had gone to a local petrol pump today
Shyam, it's the only pump in hyderabad where I fuel my vehicles from. Moshin -- erramanzil. I did speak with one of the owners about fcch
Old 9th April 2010, 15:34   #392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdoctorind View Post
Shyam, it's the only pump in hyderabad where I fuel my vehicles from.
Is it really?! Is this car the reason for it? If so, I do understand of course!
Old 9th April 2010, 22:42   #393
Senior - BHPian

Acquisition of a Premier Padmini Deluxe BE

Im happy to announce that I have finalised the aquisition of a 1993 Premier Padmini Deluxe BE,which is in a very nice condition.
I was particularly looking for a Padmini with:
- Floor Gears (Nissan Gear Box)
- Bucket Seats
- Air Conditioner
- Original White colour body.
All these were adressed in this car and im getting a bonus : Weber Carburattor.
I test drove the car this evening and its goes like a blow torch through butter.The Weber magic is simply to savour.
The gear box is ultra smooth.AC gas needs to be topped as usual!!! There are few rust pockets on the fender,but anyway,I will get a complete denting and paint job done for the entire car.
This is the car I will prepare for our June meet,where FCCH will be present at Belgaum.
With this I will have my Fiats in Italian Flag colours formation.Time to sing Dot Fratrelli !!!!
Ideally Im looking at the complete restoration and achieve road worthiness in 7-10 days.
Suggestions are welcome from Team Bhpians and Fiatians.
It was a tough decision to choose between a Padmini and Safari.
Some teaser pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00004.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00005.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00006.jpg  

Last edited by hillram : 9th April 2010 at 22:45.
Old 9th April 2010, 22:50   #394
Senior - BHPian

Ram garu: Congrats on the latest FIAT!

Did S1 come in 1993?

Last edited by arun1100 : 9th April 2010 at 22:57.
Old 9th April 2010, 22:53   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Im happy to announce that I have finalised the aquisition of a 1993 Premier Padmini Deluxe BE,which is in a very nice condition.
I was particularly looking for a Padmini with:
- Floor Gears (Nissan Gear Box)
- Bucket Seats
- Air Conditioner
- Original White colour body.
All these were adressed in this car and im getting a bonus : Weber Carburattor.
I test drove the car this evening and its goes like a blow torch through butter.The Weber magic is simply to savour.
The gear box is ultra smooth.AC gas needs to be topped as usual!!! There are few rust pockets on the fender,but anyway,I will get a complete denting and paint job done for the entire car.
This is the car I will prepare for our June meet,where FCCH will be present at Belgaum.
With this I will have my Fiats in Italian Flag colours formation.Time to sing Dot Fratrelli !!!!
Ideally Im looking at the complete restoration and achieve road worthiness in 7-10 days.
Suggestions are welcome from Team Bhpians and Fiatians.
It was a tough decision to choose between a Padmini and Safari.
Some teaser pics.
When where and how
Old 9th April 2010, 23:15   #396
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdoctorind View Post
When where and how
Thanks Arun..not sure about S1 in 1993.My knowledge says 95.
@Shiva,this came suddenly when I was out of town.
Old 9th April 2010, 23:26   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Congrats ram! So finally your wish of having fiats in 3 different colours for the Italian flag formation is fulfilled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Did S1 come in 1993?
Thats a doubt that I too coincidentally had today!

I was given to understand they came out only in 1995, and surely they werent badged as Deluxe BE, so are a different model altogether.
Old 9th April 2010, 23:37   #398
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Ram !! Lovely car - enjoy !
Old 10th April 2010, 00:16   #399
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Ram - from the hazy photograph, the longer length of choke cable orientation and the air cleaner angle (36 degrees to X axis or car centre line), this car seems to be fitted with a Pierburg carburettor. 5000 of these carburettors were imported from Pierburg Germany in 1989, they all got completely submerged during the Mumbai flood of 08 to 10 June 1991, then they were cleaned locally / haphazardly and used from time to time. Pierburg carburettors were not engineered for use on S1 engine cars, they were engineered for use on normal engine cars only. By all other appearances, your car is an S1 which came with the Solex BICSA carburettor only, except for some cars of 1997 which came with the Mikuni carburettor. Just remove the top round cover of the air cleaner and see inside. If you see 2 long bolts (M6*1.0 thread size) holding the air cleaner body in position, it is definitely Pierburg. If so, your car will have final drive ratio of 3.9:1, which we had specified for normal engines with Pierburg carburettor. Whatever you do, don't tamper with this carburettor. Once tampered, it never gets set properly.

As usual, yours truly was the design engineer / vehicle integration engineer / test engineer for the Pierburg project on Padmini as well. The tests were done on MMY6058, a brown Padmini in South Gujarat sometime in 1988, when we got around 18 kmpl with 3.9:1 axle ratio fitted.

By the way, your car's AC is not factory fitted. The compressor mounting bracket is aftermarket. In factory fitted AC cars (Sanden Vikas was the vendor), the battery is located on the right side.

Please replace the metallic fuel pipe from the fuel pump to the carburettor as it is touching the spark plug wires and is a potential fire hazard.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 10th April 2010 at 00:20. Reason: add info
Old 10th April 2010, 00:39   #400
Senior - BHPian

Hey Hey Hey congratulations Ram, you finally did it. Your wish of completing the Italian Flag has come true. Floor gears would be fun to drive. Car looks reasonably well kept the rust spots are common sir and we are lucky compared to other sea city we need not bother about them much. Does your car has bucket seats? How do they look I am sure I will drop by to check this new commer but for others reference can we have a PHOTO SHOOT for this baby.

Thanks
BALA
Old 10th April 2010, 06:59   #401
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new acquisition Ram bhai. So you finally fulfilled your dream of Italian flag with this Italian beauty. Waiting for some detailed pics of the car in as is condition.
Old 10th April 2010, 07:06   #402
Senior - BHPian

So is Ram's latest acquisition a S1?
Old 10th April 2010, 07:20   #403
Senior - BHPian

S1 IIRC S1 came in mid 95. Actually we booked the new model fiat (stated S1) very early and got the delivery in August 95.So there are very less chances of the car being S1 model. And as stated by Ram bhai its a 93 model deluxe BE. So i don't think that its a S1.
Old 10th April 2010, 07:46   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
S1 IIRC S1 came in mid 95. Actually we booked the new model fiat (stated S1) very early and got the delivery in August 95.So there are very less chances of the car being S1 model. And as stated by Ram bhai its a 93 model deluxe BE. So i don't think that its a S1.
Then how come this car has degaussing tank and all S1 features?!
Old 10th April 2010, 07:57   #405
Senior - BHPian

Your car looks like a S1. I doubt if its a 1993. Please check the documents again.

If not, the previous owner might have modified the carb, differncial, gear box, speedo, radiator to get characteristics of S1. He might have fitted the after market AC and bucket seats too

Please do post more pictures including the interiors

Last edited by funkykar : 10th April 2010 at 07:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks