Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2010, 08:57   #571
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Search is on Bala.Not able to find with my specifications.
Ram why dont you make a trip to Suraj Talkies? Theey should have some good cars coming in atleast now and then. I'd seen scores of GOOD padminis in white being broken there when I used to frequent that place!
Old 8th May 2010, 15:38   #572
Senior - BHPian

How difficult is it to service a Pierburg carburattor? Are the parts available today for this carb?
Old 8th May 2010, 15:46   #573
Senior - BHPian

I don't think it shoudl be a problem to find with one your specification, soon you will get one Watch Out!!. What is this Pierburg carburattor is it Italian of your delite?
Old 8th May 2010, 15:48   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
How difficult is it to service a Pierburg carburattor? Are the parts available today for this carb?
Ram,
Why aren't FCCH guys active in PP technical information thread?
Old 8th May 2010, 18:48   #575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Ram,
Why aren't FCCH guys active in PP technical information thread?
Never posted on this thread.I guess mods can move my post there.
@Bala..My delight has a lovely original Solex carb.Im enquiring about Pierburg for a Premier Padmini that I was going to purchase.
Old 9th May 2010, 17:06   #576
Senior - BHPian

Try Shakir bhai or a similar agent Ram I am sure you would find a good one as I still see healthy fiats are getting into wrong hands (scrappers) which still has road worthiness for some more years.

Yesterday I saw a really healthy 137 D with one of the mechanics at bahadurpura, vehicle has no other noise except engine firing felt good. A decent car which runs on diesel for a man like me who has to do around 60-70 every day.

Last edited by chanu : 9th May 2010 at 17:07.
Old 9th May 2010, 19:50   #577
Senior - BHPian

So Bala bhai are you thinking of acquiring the 137D for your daily use.
Old 10th May 2010, 18:16   #578
Senior - BHPian

No Sagar not excatly, I have a different plan altogether let see how it works. I'm not buying a 137 D its that I admire it, you get Fiat fun and at the same time economical esp in my case where I do 60-70 kms everyday. I would love to have a 118 NE Diesel which should be in healthy condition like my PP.
Old 10th May 2010, 20:10   #579
Senior - BHPian

OK so finally there is some classic car which you want to purchase as a daily runner. Good condition 118Ne is very hard to find. So my best wishes are with you. Hope you find a decent example for yourself.
Still waiting for the detailed pics of car you promised.
Old 11th May 2010, 01:37   #580
BHPian

hi all

hello everyone

Thanks for sharing the wonderful pics of the launch. al the efforts are really commendable. its indeed a great idea to keep the social cause in mind. have a couple of ideas in ma mind.... bala and all my dear fiatians would need your inputs on the same.

Finally i am in the process of bokking my leaves for getting my baby from bhopal to hyd , i am plannig to drive her down its just 800+ kms.

still in the process of convincing my mom on the same a being the youngest in the family everyone is overly protective...bala i hope you know what i am referring to.

will keep you all updated from time to time and will try to get my dad's pp in for the next meet hopefully.

3 cheers for fcch.

regards

Sushil Narayanan.
Old 11th May 2010, 10:11   #581
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sushil, good to know you are getting your baby back here. Are you sure you will drive her back as you said its being idle for long time and again if I remember well you said the body is also corroded, floor is in bad condition (correct me if i am wrong) however I admire your spirit which is good enough to get your baby back in shape.

On the lighter side booking leaves in our office is easy baby but confirming is important He he he. So get that done and don't divert your leaves to anything else as you are recently married, just get the car. Hope to hear from you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
OK so finally there is some classic car which you want to purchase as a daily runner. Good condition 118Ne is very hard to find. So my best wishes are with you. Hope you find a decent example for yourself.
Still waiting for the detailed pics of car you promised.
I am using my PP as a daily runner for the family however looking for a 118NE deisel. Your request for picture will be done this weekend brother. Forgive me for my delay.

There is one super duper 118NE of an Army officer which is prestine, scratchless, immaculate in condition just falling short of words. This car was gifted to his sister and now at Vijayawada. This Army officer happens to be uncle of my friend and we are planning to replace the car with a Maruti 800 and bring that car here.

Thanks brother for being with me and the best wishes.

Last edited by Dippy : 11th May 2010 at 10:42. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 11th May 2010, 12:28   #582
Senior - BHPian

Sushil..Our next meet is a Charity Drive in June 10.I hope to see you at the meet with your Premier Padmini.
Keep watching this thread as the details will roll as days pass by.
Old 11th May 2010, 23:45   #583
BHPian

thanks again

Hi Hillram Sir and Bala

Thanks for letting me know about the next meet.

hopefully i should be back by then...

Lets Wait and watch

Thanks and regards

Sushil
Old 11th May 2010, 23:51   #584
BHPian

hi bala

[quote=chanu;1879323]Hey Sushil, good to know you are getting your baby back here. Are you sure you will drive her back as you said its being idle for long time and again if I remember well you said the body is also corroded, floor is in bad condition (correct me if i am wrong) however I admire your spirit which is good enough to get your baby back in shape.

On the lighter side booking leaves in our office is easy baby but confirming is important He he he. So get that done and don't divert your leaves to anything else as you are recently married, just get the car. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Bala

Thanks for your concern , i realize the vehicle has been stationary for almost 2.5years now but again let me try my luck and see how it falls in shape because the last time i took her out was on jan 28th 2008 and she was so quiet that it was difficult from the cabin to understand if the engine was running or switched off

again will keep my fingers crossed.

thanks and regards

sushil
Old 12th May 2010, 09:50   #585
Senior - BHPian

Hey Sushil you said you've started the car last time you visitied then its all good my friend but I presume the fuel in the carburattor might have got settled as a layer and that is what spoils the carburattor. Try to take a spare carb and plugs from here and then she should be all fine. I'm sorry I thought she was bad in shape but as you said "all eej well". all the very best my friend, hope to see her in the meet soon.

Most Viewed