Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 23:32   #661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Somehow i want to leave my Fiats undecaled,even if it FCCH logo.
The FCCH sticker on the front glass shield is adequate,esp if you stick a white paper from inside on the sticker,it looks stellar and whole world can see the logo.Try it on ur APPU after the restoration.Ofc your Padmini has FCCH sticker already.
Alright no worries. I thought of sticking a white radium background the day when we stuck it on the mirrors but stopped as I don't want my car to look different (reg FCCH sticker) if everyone is ok then me too.

I guess I might require another sticker for Appu once restored as the front windsheild would be replaced with new ones. With this I am hit by a question do we still get a SAFEX wind sheild for our cars or is that also a premium product to stock?
Old 9th June 2010, 15:34   #662
Senior - BHPian

Since the monsoon has set in Hyderabad,Im proposing a Fiat Drive to either Gandipet / Golconda on 19th June 2010.

Date : 19th June
Time : 8.00am
Place to Meet : Opp.S.D.Hospital
Drive Point : Golconda Fort or Gandipet Reservoir
Confirmations :
1. Hillram (Fiat 1100 Super Select)
2. Anirudha (Fiat 1100 Delight)
3. Shiva (Premier Padmini)
4.Suren (Fiat 1100 Elegant)
5.Narendra Kale (Premier Padmini)
6.Balaji ( Fiat 1100 Delight)

All other enthusiasts with Classic Fiat cars can add their names to the list.
Old 10th June 2010, 01:23   #663
Senior - BHPian

It could be My Delight or Padmini but One is for sure for now. Who knows both might surprise.

All other enthusiasts with Classic Fiat cars can add their names to the list please.
Old 10th June 2010, 12:39   #664
Senior - BHPian

Bala..both of your cars are welcome as you now have new freind-cum-spare driver who is helping you restore your car...FCCH wishes you all the luck you need on this !!!

Im differing the Golconda/Gandipet drive to July as Deccan Heritage members also expressed their willingness to join the Drive in their Vintage classics.
So it will be FCCH and DHAA,two Vintage clubs coming togather to make it a bigger event.
So Bala,you will have more time to prepare your APPU.
Old 11th June 2010, 00:34   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bala..both of your cars are welcome as you now have new freind-cum-spare driver who is helping you restore your car...FCCH wishes you all the luck you need on this !!!

Im differing the Golconda/Gandipet drive to July as Deccan Heritage members also expressed their willingness to join the Drive in their Vintage classics.
So it will be FCCH and DHAA,two Vintage clubs coming togather to make it a bigger event.
So Bala,you will have more time to prepare your APPU.
Ram to that matter I am lucky!! I have gained lot of friends after Padmini and FCCH happened to me. I am very glad you all are there to help me.

Its fine to club FCCH & DHAA for an event but don't you think the concept of FCCH would get diluted or diverted as there would be other cars/bikes of different makes and models which will divert the attention and that is where we might loose the concept of FIATtitude. I feel Orginising will also become a humongus task.

Ram its my opinion but as you are the captain of the ship and I am sure you must have thought the best.
Old 11th June 2010, 11:11   #666
Senior - BHPian

Bala..Lets see how it goes as far as the planning is done for the meet.
I will take your advice of doing just our FCCH rally rather than involving DHAA too.But we need good number of Fiats this time.Im looking at atleast 15 Fiats.
Im setting the date for the 1st week of July as the heat would have died completly and we will have one nice Monsoon drive.
Old 11th June 2010, 23:58   #667
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bala..Lets see how it goes as far as the planning is done for the meet.
I will take your advice of doing just our FCCH rally rather than involving DHAA too.But we need good number of Fiats this time.Im looking at atleast 15 Fiats.
Im setting the date for the 1st week of July as the heat would have died completly and we will have one nice Monsoon drive.
It's fine to get along with DHAA but that's in August but for FCCH drive lets be exclusive Fiatians.

Its simple Ram sir, One official mail to all the members on FCCH email and I am sure they must also be eager to join us.
Old 15th June 2010, 17:53   #668
BHPian

Thanx Ram Garu!!!!!! This is my first post on FCCH. So we are planning in 1st week of July. Absolutely no problem. Hi to Suren, Chanu, shiva, Sujit, Kartik, Arun and all !!!!!!!
Old 15th June 2010, 18:09   #669
BHPian

Thanx Ram Garu!!!!!!!!!!!. This is my 1st post on FCCH. So we have decided to meet in 1st week of July. Absolutely no issue. Apart from emails, we can send SMSs also. I also feel we may get 12-15 FIATs for this gathering. I'l also try 2-3 FIATs from my side. Let us see. I have been in my Hometown last week. I've clicked many Padminis alongwith their owners. i'l upload the same shortly. Its nice to see many Padminis still in good working conditions.
Old 15th June 2010, 19:42   #670
BANNED

Happy to see Mr. Narendra too in Team Bhp! Hope you have a Fiatful time here!

Regards,
Arun!
Old 15th June 2010, 21:50   #671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
This is my 1st post on FCCH.
Narendra..A hearty welcome to Team BHP and FCCH.Im hoping to see great intellectual contribution from you to the Fiat tribe as you are one passionate person i came across.
Good luck to you and post a nice intro about you in the Introduction section.
Old 16th June 2010, 00:01   #672
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
Thanx Ram Garu!!!!!! This is my first post on FCCH. So we are planning in 1st week of July. Absolutely no problem. Hi to Suren, Chanu, shiva, Sujit, Kartik, Arun and all !!!!!!!
Welcome on board NVKALE saab FCCH whole heartedly welcomes you, nice to see passionate people joining us which not only makes our family (FCCH) strong and healthy but I am sure with you we will have a bag full of experiences and sweet memories to share with us. That is why we have this monsoon drive happening so everyone has got chance to share their experiences, memories which can be a valuable learnings for people like me who has just begun this journey with the lovely machine and years of romance to go...

I especially love to hear all that tales you people have to say "so I am all ears sorry yours".
Old 17th June 2010, 12:34   #673
Senior - BHPian

Team BHP Hyderabad is having a breakfast meet at OFEN,Banjara Hills Road no:10 on Satruday 19th June at 8.30am.
FCCHians are welcome to join us for this breakfast as I will be going there in my Delight.
If you can confirm we will add you to the confirmed list and book a table for you.Other you can PM me.
Old 17th June 2010, 13:00   #674
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Ram / Hyderabad FIATians - just typing my thoughts.

All my 4 cars are in hibernation now due to rainy season. My LHD and super select are in Nasik. My 67 delight and 88 Padmini are in Pune. I was just thinking, Nasik to Pune is 200 kms, Pune to Hyderabad is 550 kms, so total is 750 kms. Why don't I just take the LHD and drive down, rain or no rain. I really wish I could. Its easier said than done, so I am doing the next best thing. I am taking the liberty of posting one photograph of each of my cars. Please note that MRF6466 is now repainted in auckland brown / black combination. I cannot post the latest photographs as they exceed 1MB. I also cannot post engine compartment photographs of MRF6466 / BLL4919 as they also exceed 1MB each. Enjoy!

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-cimg8193.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-pic2.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-100_0674.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-100_0688.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-image00004.jpg  

Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (900.1 KB, 148 views)
Old 17th June 2010, 13:03   #675
Senior - BHPian

Behram Sir..Its a sheer DELIGHT to see your cars and thats too on the FCCH thread.Its a great honour for us that you are sharing with us the memories of your cars.Thanks so much.Would love more photos,if you can !!!

Most Viewed