Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2010, 23:00   #691
Senior - BHPian

I'am hoping I shall find that green shirt guy again and this time I should get that logo and will put it on to my padmini. BTW I am looking for the plastic wheel caps which used to come on to the Padminis 90 models by any chance are they available if not I wish to have UNO's for the padmini and this is for a secret project.
Old 20th June 2010, 23:05   #692
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
BTW I am looking for the plastic wheel caps which used to come on to the Padminis 90 models by any chance are they available if not I wish to have UNO's for the padmini and this is for a secret project.
Are you PRESIDENTing your Padmini?
Old 20th June 2010, 23:11   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatMyLife View Post
Are you PRESIDENTing your Padmini?
Naa! why will President have plastic wheel caps I am talking about the ones which also came on 137 D also with PAL logo in the middle. I am in no idea of PRESIDENTing and I have no idea about it, its better left to the experts (Sagar) I have different plans thus the PAL/UNO wheel caps.
Old 20th June 2010, 23:15   #694
BANNED

The plastic wheel caps came in my PP Economy too! Its the same ones thats there on B.D Sir's LHD. Thats the last thing I need for the complete restoration of my Economy.
Old 21st June 2010, 00:31   #695
Senior - BHPian

All the best of good luck to you and me. I shall ask for UNO wheel caps for now. Monsoons are on our head so I dont want the chrome ones to be spoiled though from COX but still good enough. I shall paint them inside with black colour and safegaurd them mean while UNO caps will serve the purpose with style.
Old 21st June 2010, 08:29   #696
Senior - BHPian

Are the wheel caps in discussion here the full one or the hub one. I think BD sir's car has the ones which are fitted to most of the FCB cars.(the black plastic one with yellow centre)
If the discussion is about the full plastic wheelcaps then they were popular in 2 main designs although the first one was OEM.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-phpv1yjw5am.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-image0219.jpg  

Old 21st June 2010, 08:45   #697
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Are the wheel caps in discussion here the full one or the hub one. I think BD sir's car has the ones which are fitted to most of the FCB cars.(the black plastic one with yellow centre)
The one on B.D sir's LHD is OE. It had come with my Economy too. All FCB cars have after market MP make ones.

Quote:
If the discussion is about the full plastic wheelcaps then they were popular in 2 main designs although the first one was OEM.
The first one is OE design. Second one is after market. The second design were in my Economy, seen in the profile pic.
Old 21st June 2010, 10:06   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatMyLife View Post
The one on B.D sir's LHD is OE. It had come with my Economy too. All FCB cars have after market MP make ones.

The first one is OE design. Second one is after market. The second design were in my Economy, seen in the profile pic.
One interesting thing about the wheels of cars that came with these wheel caps is that standard metal wheel caps don't fit correctly on them. There were some brand new rims available in Mumbai which according to the shopkeeper were post-94 when these wheel caps were prevalent. They look the same and have the same specifications 3.5J (the last of cars came with 4J wheels), metals wheel caps simply don't fit . May be this was a vendor defect as changing the tooling for a wheel cap seems highly unlikely.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
Old 21st June 2010, 10:32   #699
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
I was always looking for these wheel caps for PAL cars as I love their design and make.
Old 23rd June 2010, 23:46   #700
BANNED

FCCH Boys: Long time no posts?!

Have a look at this thread. You guys should start doing something like this.
Fiat Off-The-Road
Old 23rd June 2010, 23:55   #701
Senior - BHPian

Our boys have been busy with restorations on their Fiats as we are preparing for a Mega Event in July in Hyderabad.
FCB..Myself and Shiva will be reaching bangalore on 3rd July by afternoon as we are driving from Hyderabad.Why not we meet up for dinner that night.We drive back to Hyderabad next day...yes a very short stay..Arun,both the Karthiks and Sujith are you guys gonna be there in Bangalore that weekend?
Old 23rd June 2010, 23:58   #702
Senior - BHPian

Ram garu and other FCCH Stars:

We FCB guys are waiting to have a joint meet. Lets create History.

If possible, why don't some of you guys drive down to Bangalore next weekend for FCB's meet. We would love to see you FCCHians here.

Think over. I know its not a easy task. But worth doing it.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Our boys have been busy with restorations on their Fiats as we are preparing for a Mega Event in July in Hyderabad.
FCB..Myself and Shiva will be reaching bangalore on 3rd July by afternoon as we are driving from Hyderabad.Why not we meet up for dinner that night.We drive back to Hyderabad next day...yes a very short stay..Arun,both the Karthiks and Sujith are you guys gonna be there in Bangalore that weekend?
Wow! I was just thinking of this and you reply before I post! This is great.

You guys are welcome. We all will be in Bangalore itself. You guys can attend the meet too. Lets party man!

BTW, which car are you planning to come in?!

Last edited by funkykar : 24th June 2010 at 00:04.
Old 24th June 2010, 00:06   #703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post

Mmmm!! nice plan, I'm sure the trip would be fantastic, wish I could join you in the back seat and the weather is also lucrative. All the best for your drive guys
Old 24th June 2010, 00:10   #704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
BTW, which car are you planning to come in?!
Karthik,We will be in Bangalore to find some parts for Shiva's Elegant which is going through the last phases of its restoration.
I havent seen anyone so dedicated,determined and meticulous as Shiva,who is restoring his Elegant to pristine originality.He is spending sleepless nights and days trying to finish off the restoration and prepare the car.
Hence I will be accompnaying him in his Palio D to Bangalore.
But some day i promise we will all drive to Bangalore in our 1100s.Coming be Bangalore is like coming to my second home !!!
Old 24th June 2010, 00:10   #705
BANNED

Ram: This is really good news. Waiting to see you guys here.

Bala and Suren: Please join us!

Most Viewed