Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2010, 21:58   #721
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
Boeuff's car is a Padmini just after President. Hence the President type wheel caps and grille. Another rare car of FCB.
Actually Rony had mentioned that the President wheel caps were owner-fitted at some point of time; this car originally came with the normal 'old' padmini type wheelcaps. Only the grille was a carry-forward from the President.
Old 27th June 2010, 22:15   #722
Senior - BHPian

Simply Superb!! though the car is after president but still makes me feel like a Delight, may be I am looking at that point of view. However this car is a wonderful machine, neat interiors, has it been done after you got it or was it as it is. Some story of the car sir, how it came and what was done etc. Even I have the jack which came with Delight and I guess that small lever which has premier written on it. Another good looking feature is the grille. Thanks Boeff sir for sharing you car pictures. keep rocking sir.
Old 27th June 2010, 22:42   #723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Some story of the car sir, how it came and what was done etc.
Hi bala, he had done a write-up on the car's history in these posts:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/744343-post181.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/745968-post203.html
Old 28th June 2010, 00:27   #724
Senior - BHPian

Lots of good Fiats in Hyderabad

I was in Hyderabad on last Thursday and Frigay and saw a lot of old cars. While on my journy to Jubily Hills from Secunderabad saw a Standard Heral parked on the foot path. Appeared to have been there for quite some time, and very near on the road saw an old 800 appeared to be lying there for some time as fallen leaves and dirt have accumulated on the road beneath the car.Saw on light blue coloured pristine Fiat 1100 in the traffic in my front. Cursed for not carrying the camera. tried to click with the mobile but did not come off.Also saw couple of good fiats parked on the Sarojini Devi Road and an AP9 (Re-registered) old 800 in good condition.On way to Airport saw a junk beetle parked in a Petrol Bunk along with couple of very old cars. (Could not identify those with my lack of knowledge as well as I was in speeding Taxi.I badly wanted to have photos of these cars.Any Hyderabadian TBhpians would be able to say maore on these cars.
Old 28th June 2010, 01:15   #725
Senior - BHPian

Rajeev..Hope your stay at Hyderabad was good.
Indeed Hyderabad has lot of old cars lying on the roads getting savaged.
The Beetle you saw along with couple of old cars in ruins is proabably near Secratariat beside the flyover.They have been there for long time.
We are trying our best to spot these Fiat 1100s which are lying and piling dust and rust and encourage owners to restore them.
Old 29th June 2010, 22:44   #726
Senior - BHPian

FCCHians,how about a meet on July 11th.We could meet at Masab Tank and drive on the PVR Expressway to Airport and have breakfast at the Food Mall in the arrivals area and drive back.I reckon it will be a good drive.
How about some confirmations:
1.Hillram (Super Select)
2.Shiva (Ram's Delight or his Premier Padmini or if his Elegant is ready)
3.Suren (Elegant)
4.Bala (Delight)
5.Narendra (Padmini)

Last edited by hillram : 29th June 2010 at 22:57.
Old 29th June 2010, 23:02   #727
BHPian

As on today I've no problem with date. The plan of drive from masab tank to airport thr' express highway is also good route. We can have good parking in parking lot and a good photosession there (Full view of Airport on Background). just like our 1st FCCH meet, one more set of photos at our Beautiful airport. Let contact more n more FIATians in Hyd. At least number should be 02 digit.
Old 29th June 2010, 23:57   #728
Senior - BHPian

Ram I am not sure about my Delight but Padmini is all ready to join the fleet and its easy for me to manage Paddu (padmini) as it has no complaints and she is ever ready just one twist and she is Vrrrooom!!.Vrrrooom!!

Last edited by chanu : 30th June 2010 at 00:00.
Old 30th June 2010, 00:04   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Ram I am not sure about my Delight but Padmini is all ready to join the fleet and its easy for me to manage Paddu (padmini) as it has no complaints and she is ever ready just one twist and she is Vrrrooom!!.Vrrrooom!!
Thats the spirit Bala.
So its Paddu confirmed for the meet on 11th July.
We will have some new members joining in this time.
Old 4th July 2010, 23:30   #730
BHPian

FCCH members with FCB

Hi all FCCH members,
Me, ramgaru and Shiva, We had a fantastic and nostaligic get together with FCB today. Its amazing to see almost 25+ FIATs in Lalbagh Parking. Let us wake up and be ready for our Monsoon drive. Try to get maximum numbers. Please see the photos and forward to our members with invitation to get some inspiration.................
Old 4th July 2010, 23:48   #731
BHPian

Oldest member of FCB

Today ,
We met one of the oldest ( Almost 85+ yrs) FIAT fan (Wg Cmdr. (retd.) Damodaran)in Bangalore. He came to venue almost from 30km. Nice to hear that he also participated in Airport drive and stretched his car upto 110-1120 km/Hr. My god unbelivable.
When he told one of his friend that he is going to attend FIAT rally on Sunday, his friend presented him shirt couplings with FIAT marked on it. he found out old shirt with dual button-holes and stiched new collar. I could not resist myself to post his photos and close up of couplings.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-033.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-034.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-035.jpg  

Old 5th July 2010, 09:14   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
Today ,
We met one of the oldest ( Almost 85+ yrs) FIAT fan (Wg Cmdr. (retd.) Damodaran)in Bangalore. He came to venue almost from 30km. Nice to hear that he also participated in Airport drive and stretched his car upto 110-1120 km/Hr. My god unbelivable.
When he told one of his friend that he is going to attend FIAT rally on Sunday, his friend presented him shirt couplings with FIAT marked on it. he found out old shirt with dual button-holes and stiched new collar. I could not resist myself to post his photos and close up of couplings
Wonderful nvkale, it gives immense pleasure meeting such a great Fiatian, I am speechless to say anything more than just Amazing Fiatism.

Last edited by Rehaan : 9th July 2010 at 20:58. Reason: 2 smileys max. Please make sure you read the Team-BHP rules before continuing.
Old 5th July 2010, 11:07   #733
BHPian

i felt very happy seeing ram, shiva and narendra on FCB meet. thanks for attending. and my apologies for not spending much time with you people. i was too busy on both Saturday and Sunday. i wish you were there till the end of the rally, so that we could have had a nice time and chilled off. once again thanks for being with us in the FCB meet.
Old 5th July 2010, 12:10   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
i felt very happy seeing ram, shiva and narendra on FCB meet. thanks for attending. and my apologies for not spending much time with you people. i was too busy on both Saturday and Sunday. i wish you were there till the end of the rally, so that we could have had a nice time and chilled off. once again thanks for being with us in the FCB meet.
Karthik,we felt equally elated and joyous to see you and all the Fiatians.No Apologies needed as you were needed there to handle everything.Such a fabulous meet.It will leave a strong memory for me and FCCH.
Old 5th July 2010, 19:09   #735
BHPian

Here are some photos....

See FCB through FCCH eyes(Camera). Plz subtract 01 from date of my camera. Another good set of FIAT-O-GRAPHY at Lalbagh, Bangalore
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-008.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-009.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-010.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-011.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-012.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-013.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-020.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-022.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-049.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-052.jpg  

Most Viewed