FIAT CLUD IN HYDERABAD IS A NICE IDEA.I AM ALSO GREAT LOVER OF
FIAT I HAD THREE FIAT DURING LAST 20 YEARS, 1) 1962, 2) 1965
NOW PRESENTLY 1995 WHITE FIAT DONE ONLY 25,000 K.M ORIGINAL
TYRES.
Anandji, can you post pics of your Padmini
Old 28th February 2010, 13:28   #77
Senior - BHPian

IInd Founders Meet - Fiat 1100 Car Club-Hyderabad

Barely after 2 weeks of starting the FCH,the founder members decided to have a Fiat meet today.
Shiva and Myself drove in my Delight and Super Select and we were awaited by Balaji (Chanu) at Necklace Road on a bright Sunny morning at 10.00am on Sunday.The highlight was the presence of new member Fiat-Bala's Premier Padmini.I quickly got into the driver seat of this PP had a lightning drive around the Hussein Sagar lake and boy o boy,this Fiat was a going like Blow torch through Butter.I really enjoyed the sheer power in the car and its beautiful engine noise.Bala,your car is sheer magic boss.
After few minutes of admiring our beauties,we adjourned for a quick breakfast at Eat street.
A brief discussion was held about FCH's future activities.
After some deliberations,we all decided to rechristen the name of our club to make it open for other classic Fiats like 500s and 600s too and just not 1100s.Hence our Hyderabad edition will now be called as :
FIAT CLASSIC CLUB-HYDERABAD (FCCH).
While we were driving back home,a set of Traffic Police constables were found cheering and Whistling our colourful Fiat Convoy,but we were never stopped !!!
Here are few pics from todays meet.
Standing from (L to R): Balaji (Chanu),Ram Kiran (Hillram) & Shiva(Cyberdoctorind) and behind us the beauties-MY Delight and Super Select and Balaji's Premier Padmini(its first appearance) at FCCH meet.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00042.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00043.jpg  

Last edited by hillram : 28th February 2010 at 13:36.
Old 28th February 2010, 16:39   #78
Senior - BHPian

Thankyou Ram garu you are made me a happy man, honestly the car is very less driven the odometer displays close to 30,000 kms so is the performance a pleasure. Promise to maintain it the best way.

It was a lovely sight seeing the Green revolution (Delight 1100) driven by Shiva, Ravishing Red (super select) by Ram garu on the empty necklace road (being sunday).

I quickly slipped into Ram's car while he was off with my car for a quick spin. I was happy inside Ram's Super Select Wow! amazing experience it also has a tiny light in the rear view mirror Wow it is unique sight for me and awesome idea ( pretty girls you know where to makeup at night aswell), swinging handles at the rear window now a new wish in my heart to have one in the future (god bless) Ram Garu I am envy you for having my two OBJECTS OF DESIRE. But looking for a Premier 118NE a company to my PP.

We felt hungry apart from hunger for FIATS and EAT STREET is where we landed, mixed Idly, Samber along with plans & projects for future for FCCH (Fiat Classic Club of Hyderabad) the refined/retuned name which made us feel full (body and soul) then started the now THREE MUSKETEERS off towards masabtank on the way at I max theaters circle a cop was starring at Our beauties which made a two wheeler to slip from the cops clutches ( but how Kanoon ke haat to lambe hote hai!!) lucky chap & loss to the cop.

Bhoy!! its was a statisying sunday for me and hope it is for Shiva and Ram aswell. Hope to see more coming in and shall plan up a trip to ???.

In the end it's me the Happy Man in Fiat/PP.

Here are the visuals:
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-meet-6-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-meet1-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-meet2-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-meet3-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-meet-5-desktop-resolution.jpg  

Last edited by chanu : 28th February 2010 at 16:50.
Old 28th February 2010, 21:58   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey nice show guys! Good to see our fiatful friends rocking the twin cities!

How I wish someone had thought up something like this when Standards (namely Heralds) were still around like Fiats are today! 'would've sure made a difference to those cars too!

BTW, bala, I incidentally thought of you (or rather your fiat! ) this evening when I saw a President in the same colour as your PP, passing by me the other way at Srinagar colony. It was AAU 1122 or something, very original car. Sad part was that the front numberplate was bolted onto the front grille! But definitely not the original shade of blue for Presidents, they came only in 'Natina Blue'

Who's the other gent, navy blue shirt in the eat-street pic? 'thought there were only 3 of you?
Old 28th February 2010, 22:09   #80
Senior - BHPian

Great quick meet there. Hope to see some mega meets in future as your club is now open to all cc fiats. Good thinking. Congrats and best wishes for the future.
Old 28th February 2010, 23:56   #81
Senior - BHPian

Sorry there was a double posting of comments so had to delete this. Kindly ignore this post. Bala

Last edited by chanu : 28th February 2010 at 23:58.
Old 28th February 2010, 23:57   #82
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Shyam, Samsag it has just begun, and a long way to go. Need your good wishes, guidence, comments. Shyam garu I wish you had not departed the beautiful delight of yours it would have been wonderful today.

I wish your wish had come true, feeling sad for the cars (Standard Heralds) which ended up as marriage convoy cars with tops cut to so called convertables with the yucky red colours on them or landing at the junk yards.

I am honoured that you thought about me rather my car, thank you once again

The guy in the navy blue shirt is my cousin, he had postponed his appointments with patients to see the beauties (Fiats) and as my PP is has a battery problem (self starting) he accompanied me just in case need to push ( A friend and a Doctor in need is a friend in deed) ha ha ha!.
Old 1st March 2010, 00:18   #83
Senior - BHPian

Bala,after driving your fiat,believe me,I want to own a Premier Padmini.I spent all the afternoon,making calls and searching on the classifieds for a PP.Now the search will continue.
Old 1st March 2010, 00:23   #84
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see the FMs' of FCCH meet up...

So any dates confirmed for the Mega Meet?

Hope our National Meet Idea becomes a reality soon! How far is Belgaum from HYD?

P.S: "Report Post" and change the Thread title!
Old 1st March 2010, 00:40   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Bala,after driving your fiat,believe me,I want to own a Premier Padmini.I spent all the afternoon,making calls and searching on the classifieds for a PP.Now the search will continue.
Ram, I think I had told you this before but not sure......I would find Padminis (and the occasional 1100s) lined up for scrapping at Suraj Talkies every single day, at times 4-5 a day! when I used to frequent that place. I'm sure you still can come across a salvageable example (read too good to be scrapped) landing up there atleast every week. Why don't you check out that place?
I remember pitying many such cars that were still pristine with clear papers hacked to bits!
Old 1st March 2010, 00:58   #86
Senior - BHPian

Ram garu first thing in the morning if you are free A T T A C K. Just let them know (scrapyard merchants) that you are looking for a healthy PP I dont think they would scrap a decent car, you might find yourself lucky tommorrow.
Old 1st March 2010, 01:09   #87
Senior - BHPian

I have never been to scrapyards,hence I dont know the semantics there.Will try.
Btw where is Suraj Talkies exactly?
Old 1st March 2010, 22:09   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I have never been to scrapyards,hence I dont know the semantics there.Will try.
Btw where is Suraj Talkies exactly?
NEVER been to scrapyards??!! This is news to me! Especially coming from a classic car owner!!
'looks like you've so far very lucky with your cars! But it also means you've missed a lot!

Anyways, if you go straight on the road from Chadarghat past the rear entrance of Imlibun bus station, past Kali Khabar etc., you come to this place called "Mir Chowk", you'll even see a PS on the left..then keep going a little straight further, you find a a X-road junction with a mosque on the left. Take the road going left, just before the mosque. Down that road on the left, you'll find an abandoned theatre that is Suraj Talkies. 'been shut down since years. All the cars to be scrapped will be parked by its compound wall along the road, and the breaking area a little further down on the right side of the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
I dont think they would scrap a decent car
Oh ye of little awareness! Hehe! I cant tell you how many decent fiats have been hacked to bits by those guys right in front of me, the last 2-3 years I've frequented that place until recently!
Of course, the guy I know closely (from whom I bought my '67 delight and also gogi's millecento) is a little more 'considerate' and does retain a select few good cars for a few days in the hope of selling for a profit, failing which he decides to scrap them.

There was once this '92 model PP that we tried to negotiate on for someone, and the guy didnt agree on our price, so hardly a few minutes later, we saw the same car being driven down straight from his 'shutter' to the breaking area to be promptly cannabalised!
He flatly told us "tum logaan ithne kam rate bolte, thodne seyich paise badke aate mereku!"

Last edited by Stanher : 1st March 2010 at 22:19.
Old 2nd March 2010, 00:57   #89
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm!! scrap yards guys have no mercy!! .. butchers!

shouldn't even expect them to be mercyful as they are there for their living and even we are benifited as we sometimes get good deal. Intellegence lies in having good rappo with them and getting what we want, they need money we need parts simple commerce.

Ram garu any luck from now onwards I am also planning to visit this place on a weeklybasis. Let me try my luck, who knows I might be delighted to have a DELIGHT/MILLECENTO/SUPERSELECT/PRESIDENT. I'm sounding greedy haa! My desire for these beauties will NEVER END.

Last edited by chanu : 2nd March 2010 at 01:01.
Old 2nd March 2010, 09:17   #90
Senior - BHPian

Hope you find a good car with clean papers for yourself Chanu bhai.
My best wishes are with you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks