Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2011, 23:09   #1276
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)

Hamza, your Delight is indeed beautiful !! Hats off for maintaining her like this.
Loved the side view, in particular !

Has the radiator cap position been changed ?
Old 14th July 2011, 08:00   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Its indeed an immaculate Fiat. Congrats on restoring her Hamza. It seems those whitewalls are a new purchase (can see traces of blue protective coating on white bands). That horn ring is to die for. I am hunting for one from the past 6 months, still unable to get it.
Overall your Delight looks period with all those original fittings.
Old 14th July 2011, 09:52   #1278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Has the radiator cap position been changed ?
Most Delights (maybe all) came with the spout in that position. Can be a bit of a nuisance as you can't see the water level till it overflows.
Old 14th July 2011, 22:28   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Most Delights (maybe all) came with the spout in that position. Can be a bit of a nuisance as you can't see the water level till it overflows.

Yes all Delights came with the spout filler of raidiator and most got it changed to filler on top, as that was a drawback
Old 17th July 2011, 22:25   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive

Hazma,

Your car is really nice and original, however I do not know about the upholstry shade. As for the Oil filter decal, can we have the faded picture. Here is one such picture of a delight oil filter decal provide by Shyam aka stanher.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...ars-bikes.html
Won't be able to provide oil filter decal photograph as it was too defaced, so removed it before paint.
Old 18th July 2011, 19:34   #1281
Senior - BHPian

Found these links which will make any Fiatian drool, mad etc especially the 3rd one made me mad. 4th one is something unique and interesting, I have never seen till date.

Last edited by chanu : 18th July 2011 at 19:43.
Old 19th July 2011, 08:45   #1282
Senior - BHPian

Very nice set of videos Balaji. 2nd video seems like a club meet. Am really bowled over by those Cromodora Grills. Every Fintail model seems to have them.
The last video is quite strange though. Seems some sort of mod on the 1100 series car or is it a genuine FIAT vehicle.
Old 19th July 2011, 20:20   #1283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Very nice set of videos Balaji. 2nd video seems like a club meet. Am really bowled over by those Cromodora Grills. Every Fintail model seems to have them.
The last video is quite strange though. Seems some sort of mod on the 1100 series car or is it a genuine FIAT vehicle.
Even I thought of it could be some mod but somehow feel it may be original as well but not sure, Sagar in the video you can also see the fiat which is a delight kind with super select grille and front view setup, I wonder what is that model, and did any of them came to India. There is another Elegant with unique bumper with those railings which is similar to beetles also.
Old 19th July 2011, 21:56   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Even I thought of it could be some mod but somehow feel it may be original as well but not sure, Sagar in the video you can also see the fiat which is a delight kind with super select grille and front view setup, I wonder what is that model, and did any of them came to India. There is another Elegant with unique bumper with those railings which is similar to beetles also.
The Delight with Super Select grill is actually Fiat 1100 Special (103 G nomenculature) Select and super selects were called 103D and elegents 103E. One special is restored and owned by our "Googi praji". And there are couple of more of these specimen.

The Towel rack bumpers (as they are nick named in VW world) are basically due to American regulations.
Old 19th July 2011, 22:03   #1285
BHPian

hi guys my friend in coimbatore owns an lusso recentely restored the car is in dark brown and white and he owns almost all kinds of fiat in excellent condition
Old 19th July 2011, 23:06   #1286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
The Delight with Super Select grill is actually Fiat 1100 Special (103 G nomenculature) Select and super selects were called 103D and elegents 103E. One special is restored and owned by our "Googi praji". And there are couple of more of these specimen.

The Towel rack bumpers (as they are nick named in VW world) are basically due to American regulations.

He He! I like the name "Towel rack bumpers" how about someone creating one for their beauties if they have a spare bumper. I will sure if I had a chance to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperial.s.a View Post
hi guys my friend in coimbatore owns an lusso recentely restored the car is in dark brown and white and he owns almost all kinds of fiat in excellent condition
Hi Imperial, can you post some pictures of it, I am a guy who love to see pictures, pictures and pictures and sure there are other like me.
Old 20th July 2011, 08:05   #1287
BHPian

hi chanu i will try to get some pictures of the lusso also find his 850 coupe on the thread two beauties found in coimbatore he also owns an 1100r fiat elegant and an padmini very low mileage like factory fresh
Old 20th July 2011, 09:53   #1288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post

Its important to note that in India the Super Selects came with 103 H stampings (I think), and 103H were the Deluxe internationally with the stripe along the side, and Delights in India used 103G.

I haven't seen the videos, but I can safely say that the towel rail bumpers on 1100s were for Argentina (and maybe Egypt). American 1100s did not sport them.
karlosdeville is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 18:00   #1289
Senior - BHPian

Everyday I find a new video I am falling deep in love with these cars, here is one video which I felt very impressive, this is what I love to do on a padmini.

Old 5th August 2011, 13:14   #1290
BHPian

A friend of mine has started the restoration of his center light Fiat 1100. I will be visiting his place this weekend to check out the car. The last time I saw the car, about 5 years back, it was lying in the corner of his garden as a home to hens and roosters!

It will indeed take a mammoth effort to restore this car to it's former glory. Will try to post some pictures if possible.

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks