Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2011, 10:36   #1306
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
A restored car in Italy would not sell below 10,000 euros. So don't think too much just pick it up before somebody else does.
Ha ha this is good dough for the day , may require some kneading tough. I sincerely hope that none of the opportunists are reading this thread other wise like our good old Vespas and Lambys, these will also start getting exported.
Old 11th August 2011, 11:24   #1307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Ha ha this is good dough for the day , may require some kneading tough. I sincerely hope that none of the opportunists are reading this thread other wise like our good old Vespas and Lambys, these will also start getting exported.
Your right they might! fortunately most good cars are with collectors and unlikely to be exported for anything cheap. But think about this Manish, today in Mumbai to do tin work and Paint with minor mechanical electrical stuff sets you back atleast two lakh rupees, 3500 euros there and then. Then add the cost of all the original stuff you want to add and where does the price go
Old 11th August 2011, 11:56   #1308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Your right they might! fortunately most good cars are with collectors and unlikely to be exported for anything cheap. But think about this Manish, today in Mumbai to do tin work and Paint with minor mechanical electrical stuff sets you back atleast two lakh rupees, 3500 euros there and then. Then add the cost of all the original stuff you want to add and where does the price go
Oh yeah, if we figure the restoration cost yeah but don't you think so they will have cheaper standars of restoration or will export just like that and still earn a decent margin.
Old 11th August 2011, 13:28   #1309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
I am sure the owner might not sell it to a scrappie as he intended to save it. Rahul bhai any flash back on this car that you remember or the current owner wouldn't mind to sharing with us.
Bala : Yes, the owner has some idea as to what the car is worth, hence he won't be selling it to the scrap yard guys. When you and Ram go to see the car, you will get to know the history of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Rahul bhai just curious to know, is the engine of the car seized.
Sagar : I forgot to mention this in my previous post. Yes, my friend had mentioned that the engine has seized up. This may be because of many years of non-usage and probably due to some attempts to start it without ensuring proper lubrication.

Quote:
Air filter for the time being you can make do with the later model ones which are easily available. In Mumbai one collector managed to even make an exact replica for his car.
Amol : Yes, I remember seeing this replica air filter for the Elegant in one of pictures of the FCCCI Mumbai meet.

Folks, I am still waiting for more pictures of the car from my friend. Will post them as soon as I get them.

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.

PS : Just found the pictures of the air filter. Here they are!

The Original Filter

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-orgelefilter.jpg

The Replica Filter as mentioned by Amol in one of the Elegants in Mumbai

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-elegantfilter.jpg
Old 11th August 2011, 23:08   #1310
Senior - BHPian

With Air filter issue raised then I thought of one thing why not replicate it when you don't find the originals, with this I remember my body shop guy who is an capable craftsman, he has replicated few things of my jeep and it's tough to find the original ones once done and am sure he should be able to built this as well but still would confirm once talking to him but if he says 'YES' then I am sure many Elegant owners can be happy

Here are few of his creations like the First Aid box, grille mesh, toe clamp and the foot boards.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-p030811_14.12_01.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-body-works.jpg  

Old 8th September 2011, 22:38   #1311
Senior - BHPian

New Member at FCCH

FCCH has a new member today.Adbul a young Fiat enthusiast reached out to us few days back after hearing about FCCH's Monsoon Rally.
Today I had a glimpse of his 1977 pristinly maintained Premier Padmini.Being a single owner, FCCH congratulates Abdul for maintaining this Fiat very well.
This car will be seen at the next FCCH Rally with a new coat of paint and few original features added back to it.
The tribe is increasing.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-abdul-pp.jpg  

Last edited by hillram : 8th September 2011 at 22:46.
Old 9th September 2011, 00:36   #1312
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Member at FCCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
FCCH has a new member today.Adbul a young Fiat enthusiast reached out to us few days back after hearing about FCCH's Monsoon Rally.
Today I had a glimpse of his 1977 pristinly maintained Premier Padmini.Being a single owner, FCCH congratulates Abdul for maintaining this Fiat very well.
This car will be seen at the next FCCH Rally with a new coat of paint and few original features added back to it.
The tribe is increasing.
Welcome Abdul on board, FCCH and Balaji welcomes you, excellent car and we don't have a 77 model yet so you take that crown , you are right Ram sir our tribe is bound to increase with so many cars still not discovered yet.

I will be meeting you Ram this week for sure as am caught up with ganesh pandal, family commitments etc which should be done by this sunday, please don't mind.
Old 9th September 2011, 20:16   #1313
BHPian

Hi Dear FCCH friends, on my recent trip to Gujarat I meet some of premier site members there and enjoyed the cars they have there. Could not meet some as I went suddenly, here are the pictures I like to share with you guys.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-28082011153.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-my-safari.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-img_31821001.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-img_3178003.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-28082011155.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-ahmd-fiat-meet..jpg  

Old 9th September 2011, 20:24   #1314
BHPian

[.quote] Here one more picuture left out.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-317536_275194715824388_100000015867318_1202819_7126983_n.jpg  

Old 9th September 2011, 21:59   #1315
Senior - BHPian

Lovely pictures Mehul.Premier Safari looks awesome.I had once a chance to buy it,but missed it due to sheer bad luck.
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2011, 23:33   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Lovely pictures Mehul.Premier Safari looks awesome.I had once a chance to buy it,but missed it due to sheer bad luck.
It happens Ramji, we often loose something, which we later repend upon forever, I had missed the same kind of safari long back in my home town alleppey were there used to same model in white colour. Now recently came to know that the same car is lying ideal in alleppey.

Next visit need to check it up, if gods craze it there we will find it.
Old 11th September 2011, 21:29   #1317
Senior - BHPian

FCCH Next Meet

Its time to say bye to Monsoon,so lets plan a Monsoon closing meet.
I have been told that BHEL,Hyderabad has many Fiat 1100s,still running by their faithful owners.Hence we will head to BHEL to discover these Fiats and also induct them into FCCH.
This will also be a nice drive through the city and assemble under the greenery of BHEL.
FCCH member Lokesh Melkote will be organising this meet on behalf of FCCH and will introduce us to BHEL Fiat 1100s

Event : End of Monsoon Meet
Date : 16th October 2011
Time : 10.00 am

Last edited by hillram : 11th September 2011 at 21:49.
Old 11th September 2011, 21:55   #1318
Senior - BHPian

Nice thought, we shall definitely do it for sure Ram sir, on a lighter note I am sure in Hyderabad there will be no drought ever and there shall be no water scarcity because we Fiatians welcomed monsoon and now we are going to give warm send off so the lord Varuna will be happy with FIATians
Old 11th September 2011, 22:05   #1319
BHPian

Hi FCCHians,
Nice to be here after long time.
@Mehul. Nice pictures of Padmini, Safari and 118NE. You have inspired me to revivie my thread" Fiatography in hometown". So whenever I'll visit next time, i am definately going to catch up with few new FIATians.
@Ram: The idea of BHEL is nice. It will be a long drive (30+30kms) for all our oldies. I remember our second meet when few gentlemen came from BHEL. Hope we will get at least 3-4 new members on that day from BHEL area. Praising God. To be in Hyd on 16th oct'11
@Bala: Your willies has come up very well. I think you have attended 15th Aug'11 rally. (ur Avtar shows the same )
@Abdul: Welcome to FCCH familiy. Decent and elegant colour Fiat.

Last edited by Fiat&Me : 11th September 2011 at 22:10.
Fiat&Me is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2011, 22:51   #1320
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see you back here Kale sahab, in fact we missed you in the last meet at old airport very much, we understand your professional commitments and also respect it hope this time you are in Hyderabad and attend the meet in that case you we are doing car pool, you driver me navigator, what say?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks