Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2010, 17:19   #121
Senior - BHPian

Fiat 1100 - No one can own just one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Its now a craze for FCCH for each owner to own atleast 2 Fiats.
Its very difficult to LIVE with just ONE FIAT!!!

A few words from FCB's WEBSITE that describes Fiats and the way it attracts people.

"Its a funny thing about a Fiat 1100... There is a moment you know you want one, there is a moment you first own one and for the truly afflicted there is a decade or two that passes in owning one...

From its first days on road for over fifty five years ago, the Fiat 1100 has ignited the kind of passion in drivers that only a Fiat can..

And now once again it is poised to redefine whats possible, introducing the Fiat 1100 Club - Bangalore[FCB], it is quite simply the purest expression of who we are...!"
Old 6th March 2010, 17:21   #122
Senior - BHPian

I need to get this combination switch for my delight as one of the Indicators is not working.Shiva says it will be available at Prabhat for Rs.350.Lets get it togather Bala.
Old 6th March 2010, 17:24   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Saar, you are forgetting a tall gent who drove your Spirit of Turino!!
Sorry Raj,I do remember how difficult it was to fit into my Fiat,when you drove it back from the Haig Rally at Secunderabad Club.
Old 6th March 2010, 17:28   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need to get this combination switch for my delight as one of the Indicators is not working.Shiva says it will be available at Prabhat for Rs.350.Lets get it togather Bala.
Ram bhai 350 for a new one or old one. I think these are not available new or are they ?
Old 6th March 2010, 17:30   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Ram bhai 350 for a new one or old one. I think these are not available new or are they ?
I guess it is a new one Sagar bhai.As far as I know,Prabhat never sells old stuff or used stuff.
Old 6th March 2010, 17:31   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
The new ones available are of real bad quality and I guess its the S1 type. Anyways, PLEASE buy them from the scrapyard.
Old 6th March 2010, 17:45   #127
Senior - BHPian

Ram bhai if unable to get one i can try here as i got it for mere 50 bucks. If you need i can get them for you. Do keep in mind that the price should vary as i bought a lot of parts at that time.
If you had stated this thing yesterday i would have got them for you.
Old 6th March 2010, 17:48   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ram bhai if unable to get one i can try here as i got it for mere 50 bucks. If you need i can get them for you. Do keep in mind that the price should vary as i bought a lot of parts at that time.
If you had stated this thing yesterday i would have got them for you.
Check for Auto Indicator off if working when you pick up a combination switch. Also try picking up the OE ones.
Old 6th March 2010, 17:53   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Check for Auto Indicator off if working when you pick up a combination switch. Also try picking up the OE ones.
How to check them And which make is OE I have the one of make Anupam

Last edited by samsag12 : 6th March 2010 at 17:55.
Old 6th March 2010, 18:04   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How to check them And which make is OE
Auto Indicator Off:
Just turn on the indicator lever. And rotate the small wheel where the steering sits. If Auto off is working, then it will switch off.

Regarding make, I don't know which one it is but just by oprating the levers I am sure you would know the quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-image0054.jpg  

Last edited by arun1100 : 6th March 2010 at 18:06.
Old 6th March 2010, 18:08   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How to check them And which make is OE I have the one of make Anupam
That's what you get these day's. Infact this company made it for jeep and other cars too.
Old 6th March 2010, 18:08   #132
Senior - BHPian

OK got it. Tried on the one i have and its cutting the lever i.e. its working. Do the same applies to the new type (S1) model ones? Also is the price of 50 ok or should i get them for less. I think now above 100 Rs. would be stated as they see the curiosity for the part and increase the price.
Old 6th March 2010, 21:25   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
sure Ram bhai i love to buy one for my PP aswell, awaiting for your green signal. Ram garu I am planning to give my car a little earlier car look so looking for a older version of steering wheel the two spoke one with fiat logo or pal logo on it.

Quote:
Either buy a old quarter glass model fiat which can be termed as classic if you want that status or get the whole set of front doors having quarter glass fitted from scrapyard. Fitting it to the non cut glass door is a tricky work failing which the fitting will not be good and water will seep in the door resulting in rust. I myself asked this question a long time back on this forum. Even i love the breeze coming from the quarter glass while driving. It has a different pleasure of its own.
regarding the switch what type of switch are you referring to. Is it the old combination switch (look at the pic) or something else.
Yes Sagar its the same I am looking for. I am not changing my car to a classic one its just the quarter glass and the steering thats it. I feel my car is very healthy and looks pretty well in all regards. I am glad Ram garu and Shiva certified it. I can spend the same time and money to look for a delite for my future which I am sure I will get one day.

Regarding the glasses I will follow the points what you said, and I am sure the doors should not be an issue its just i need to see the cost factor in it. Or else just the steering wheel would do. See I am greedy .. he he he

Last edited by Dippy : 8th March 2010 at 09:38. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use the edit function if posting within 20 minutes of your earlier post.
Old 6th March 2010, 21:55   #134
Senior - BHPian

i think you can get the pair of front doors with cut glass for 800 Rs. in good condition. Although getting them painted and matching them to the color of your car is a difficult task. I would suggest if your car is not nearing the paint job then avoid getting this modd done as it will totally ruin the looks of car. The patch paint work never works on a fiat as the color shade will definitely vary and fitting a door itself will require a lot of hammering resulting in chipping off the paint from the other parts of body of car.
If you do plan to get them fixed then you can buy the doors and grease them before storing by old mobil oil (engine oil) in order to avoid rust. Fit them when getting paint job done on the car. This way you can fulfill your dream of owning a cut glass model fiat. Just my 2 cents.
Old 6th March 2010, 22:09   #135
Senior - BHPian

Thanks friend, Mmm!! now this makes me feel I may end up in a messy job, yes I am planning to paint the car but today my painter said its pretty ok and its just because the prev owner kept it under the sky so it got the paint on bonnet, roof, and trunk got faded the reason i wanted to give it a fresh coat as it got some dent due to people leaning on the driver side door apart form that there are two areas near the mud gaurd which has a caused body to melt due to mud clogging. Thanks to prev owner. Anyways car deserves a fresh new coat and all the love and care.

Most Viewed