Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2010, 15:05   #16
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations guys, I hope that this club will bring you many memories and adventures for years to come as It has for me. Hopefully the next time around we will see the two Elegants in your lineup.
Old 15th February 2010, 19:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Amole.I was waiting for many months for the Elegants to be completed and stand in the formation line,but I didnt want to miss the 14 Feb lauch date for the club as it also coincides with the T-BHP day !!
Old 15th February 2010, 22:01   #18
BHPian

my dad used to own a fiat 1100 (the same model as the red one, not the premier padmani)... had it for almost 30 years.

I tried very hard to get rid of it, finally had to sell it to a kabadiwalla for all of 8k, some 4-5 years back.

I think he almost cried!

Last edited by naru : 15th February 2010 at 22:07.
Old 15th February 2010, 22:09   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post
my dad used to own a fiat 1100 (the same model as the red one, not the premier padmani)... had it for almost 30 years.

I tried very hard to get rid of it, finally had to sell it to a kabadiwalla for all of 8k, some 4-5 years back.

I think he almost cried!
Sorry can't help saying this- a real shame you had to do that, considering it was in your family so long! Unless it was potentially in a bad state/without papers etc. of course, in which case one'd seldom have any other choice.
Old 15th February 2010, 22:17   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Sorry can't help saying this- a real shame you had to do that, considering it was in your family so long! Unless it was potentially in a bad state/without papers etc. of course, in which case one'd seldom have any other choice.
Hadn't been used in ages...my dad stopped driving, and my older brother refused to be seen in it.

Had it in the market for a year. I think we spent around 500-600 bucks just on classifieds. Couldn't find a single taker.
Old 15th February 2010, 22:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that. It seems that you are not an admirer of Fiat as you stated that you tried hard to get rid of the car . Anyways thanks for sharing the info which increases the count of scrapped fiats by one more.
Old 15th February 2010, 22:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naru View Post

I think he almost cried!
It is indeed sad how owners disown Fiats.Wish one of us picked it up and restored it.Anyway this club is meant to find such owners and inculcate interest in them,to rekindle their passion for Fiats.
Old 16th February 2010, 01:33   #23
Senior - BHPian

feeling terribly Sorry Naru for the sad end your gave to the car which served 30 yrs faithfully and as you said your dad "almost cried" atleast you should have respected his centiment.

Your narration gave me a feel that you have tried your best to get rid of the car and here we are trying our best to get them new life with an admiring, faithfull owners anways gone is gone.

If you are feeling sorry about what has happened (if so) no problem atleast you can be an admirer of fiat from now and you can stand for the magnificant machines which has become an integral part for many people.
Old 16th February 2010, 01:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

A whole hearted thanks to Arun1100, super select, mole, samsag12, Stanher, Adheesh and all others for the best wishes and encouraging us.

Ram garu you forgot my picture with you guys :( still working on the logo and searching for the Charminar picture which can give a distinctive appeal to the HYD club.

Ram garu, Shiva, we need how about a meet or a drive till charminar to embark a continuous journey of our club.. what do you guys say? we can decide upon further course of action. I hope Hyderabadi fiat fans are reading this..

Last edited by chanu : 16th February 2010 at 01:58.
Old 16th February 2010, 10:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
A whole hearted thanks to Arun1100, super select, mole, samsag12, Stanher, Adheesh and all others for the best wishes and encouraging us.

Ram garu you forgot my picture with you guys :( still working on the logo and searching for the Charminar picture which can give a distinctive appeal to the HYD club.

Ram garu, Shiva, we need how about a meet or a drive till charminar to embark a continuous journey of our club.. what do you guys say? we can decide upon further course of action. I hope Hyderabadi fiat fans are reading this..
Chanu..pics of you and me were taken from Shiva's camera.He hasnt uploaded any pics yet.Shiva can you do please?
A very good idea to drive down to Charminar,but why not we launch the logo at Charminar itself when the logo is ready??What do you think Chanu.
Old 16th February 2010, 10:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Chanu..pics of you and me were taken from Shiva's camera.He hasnt uploaded any pics yet.Shiva can you do please?
A very good idea to drive down to Charminar,but why not we launch the logo at Charminar itself when the logo is ready??What do you think Chanu.
Ram Garu,

Logo Great, just asking do you also think of a unified logo for all the Fiat clubs in India with Mumbai / Hyderabad / Bangalore / Pune / Lucknow Charter written below. Just asking?
Old 16th February 2010, 11:22   #27
Senior - BHPian

Manish..it is a great idea to have a unified logo across all the Fiat clubs in India.Lets see how other clubs react to it.Im very much open for this idea.
What say Arun,Karl,Sam?
Old 16th February 2010, 11:22   #28
Senior - BHPian

I am sorry Ram garu, Shiva must have been busy with the denter getting his baby got done.

Yes that's a brilliant Idea launching the logo at charminar. I am frantically searching for a logo and working on it some extent, hope it turns out well honestly I am not a computer or photoshop buff so triying to take some friends help.

How about collectables like mugs, keychains, caps, T-Shirts, brass logo on our car grills and another Idea which I am taking it from the Jeeps they put a cover on the hood they call it BRA to avoid stones damaging the hood why not we have it on our cars if not on classics we can put it on PPs' with fiat UNO logo on it.

Woosh!! lot of ideas flooding my mind its just I need to put it in action FCH here I come.
Old 16th February 2010, 12:29   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations and best wishes to the Hyderabad Club. Hyderabad has some very nice Fiats, this was a long time coming.

Quote:
I too would've loved to join the club had I still had my fiats!
Fret not, your 67 Delight (my favourite of the lot) can still be a part of the movement, albeit from Pune.
Old 16th February 2010, 13:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

Chanu,your enthusiasm is huge to get this club rolling.Thats what we need in us.
Fiat Memorabilia would be wonderful actually.
Lets work on the logo as we discussed,as this will give its identity to the club.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks