Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2010, 13:03   #61
Senior - BHPian

Bala..Lets keep the club open for Fiat 1100s and Premier Padminis.Having Palio,Uno and Punto will dilute the club.Dont you agree?
Old 24th February 2010, 15:50   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Bala..Lets keep the club open for Fiat 1100s and Premier Padminis.Having Palio,Uno and Punto will dilute the club.Dont you agree?
Hi Ram just a suggestion, by including only 1100's and Padminis you will miss out on all the Blockbuster 500's, 600's 131's 1800's Spiders etc. that add variety to any event. Think about it.
Old 24th February 2010, 23:10   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Hi Ram just a suggestion, by including only 1100's and Padminis you will miss out on all the Blockbuster 500's, 600's 131's 1800's Spiders etc. that add variety to any event. Think about it.
Amole..Those beauties are always welcome.Infact Im bidding for a 600 myself.
I would cordon off the Unos,Palios & Puntos.
Old 24th February 2010, 23:22   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole View Post
Quote:
Amole..Those beauties are always welcome.Infact Im bidding for a 600 myself.
In fact ram, as an "outsider" if I could make a suggestion, to make the intention of the club be more obvious to any/every old (classic) fiat owner, the name could be had as "Classic Fiat Club Hyd", this way extending out to not just 1100 range of cars but the other models such as listed by amol as well.

Oh well, someday, when I get my "bug" Fiat 500C...!

OT: 'saw you driving in your Corona at Begumpet the other day when I was on my way to work. 'wanted to holler but saw you pulling over to the left and saw your glass was rolled up so you couldnt hear me anyways, so just went past. I also wasnt in a position to stop in that traffic.
Old 25th February 2010, 00:20   #65
Senior - BHPian

Shyam..Classic Fiat Club Hyd is a good idea.
Old 25th February 2010, 01:33   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yes to some extent however I was thinking they also belong to the same race, that's fine if not the cars we will have the admirers. May be we might add them in their respective segments in the later days. what say Ram garu?
Old 25th February 2010, 02:23   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Yes to some extent however I was thinking they also belong to the same race, that's fine if not the cars we will have the admirers. May be we might add them in their respective segments in the later days. what say Ram garu?
Bala..as you have rightly put across,we will add the categories at a later stage.

OT: A rare Russian Fiat,1972 Model has come up for sale.Im doing a recee today first thing in the morning.Is anyone aware of this.It was based on Lada model,but itsnot the Fiat 124.

Last edited by hillram : 25th February 2010 at 02:26.
Old 25th February 2010, 08:18   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Hillram - please do post the Russian car photographs. I will help. If it happens to be the russian version of the FIAT 124, I have worked on them. We had all these cars in PAL where I worked for 10 years. I know them.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 25th February 2010 at 08:18. Reason: add info
Old 25th February 2010, 10:31   #69
Senior - BHPian

Welcome Behram Sir its an honour for us you visiting here.

Ram garu wow a russian Fiat I never heard about it. Do post the pictures once you get hands on it. Its going to be a proud acquisition for you and us aswell (pride part of FCH).
Old 25th February 2010, 19:52   #70
Senior - BHPian

Recee on Fiat 125

I have just done a recee on the Fiat 125 and come back with pics as desired by Beharam Sir.
This is a 1972 Fiat 125 based on the Russian Lada chassis.Its in a 50% worn out condition,though the body looks good and the interiors are all original.Engine bay looked impressive.The owner is restoring to a little detail and intends to sell in this condition itself.He is asking 65K.
IMHO,the price can be hammered down easily considering it had no takers since last 2 years.
I invited the owner to join with his car to the Fiat 1100 meet next time.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-125.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-125-front.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-125-engine-bay.jpg  

Old 25th February 2010, 20:20   #71
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm.. predecessor of 118Ne. Nice pics hillram bhai. Think you can get it for under 50k. Are you planning to purchase this one. Will spares not be a problem.
Old 25th February 2010, 20:59   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Hmmm.. predecessor of 118Ne. Nice pics hillram bhai. Think you can get it for under 50k. Are you planning to purchase this one. Will spares not be a problem.
No Sam,I wouldnt be purchasing this Fiat 125 as its not in a good condition.
While coming back this evening from this recee,I spotted a Fiat Safari.Spoke to the seller and it is decently priced.Afterall it will be a stand alone model among PPs and Selects/Delights.Here is a pic
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-safari.jpg  

Old 25th February 2010, 22:00   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have just done a recee on the Fiat 125 and come back with pics as desired by Beharam Sir.
This is a 1972 Fiat 125 based on the Russian Lada chassis.
Hey ram, this is one car that I'm seeing after a looooooooong time!! And had practically forgotten all these years until now! I'd seen this very car around quite a few times on the road around early 2000s. Then I'd left Hyd. in 2003, coming back only in '06. 'never saw it again since and I even forgot about it.

Good to see it again!

And I'd seen the safari too. 'hope you come across an even more valuable 1100 Familiare!

Last edited by Stanher : 25th February 2010 at 22:10.
Old 26th February 2010, 16:00   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
I was excited and looking forward for the day, got up early and put my head into the hood, that's when it started.

Amma: Have some coffee and do the work.
Me: pretending as if not heard
Amma: Kept the coffee mug near the engine bay & a peep into the engine bay and left
Me: Had a sip and work got brisk
Me: got engrossed with removing the battery and the cable and suddenly put the spanner into the coffee mug.
Amma: Last time will you finish the coffee and do the work
Me: Ok ma!

Got the engine oil checked, break oil checked, filled some water in the radiator, filled petrol, got the battery charged and car didnt start got it linked to my Willys and gave a toe car fired within 2 meters distance, Hurray happiness shot up to the sky limit and went for a jolly ride..that is when i got the dissapointment of the day when applying the break car dragging towards the left later came to know the right side break not working so couldn't take my car to the club.

Took my bike and went to the place, there was one lean guy (shiva) walked towards me and greeted. I am happy inside looking at Hillrams delight and super select later came the BIG BOY Hillram greeted eachother and I started the ameteur photo shoot.

I felt good for FCH started however felt more could have come, I expect more from HYD. Hope next time we will have good volume.
FIAT CLUD IN HYDERABAD IS A NICE IDEA.I AM ALSO GREAT LOVER OF
FIAT I HAD THREE FIAT DURING LAST 20 YEARS, 1) 1962, 2) 1965
NOW PRESENTLY 1995 WHITE FIAT DONE ONLY 25,000 K.M ORIGINAL
TYRES.

B.ANAND
V.richards@rediffmail.com
nagpur
Old 26th February 2010, 19:27   #75
Senior - BHPian

@Anand.Thanks for your wishes.You are most welcome to join us,if you are ever in Hyderabad.
Why dont your start a Fiat 1100 Club-Nagpur?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks