Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 13:52   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I intend to close the deal on 137D by this weekend.
I would have preferred a good PP S1. Why actually do you need a Diesel PP? Just as a collection or for daily use?
Old 3rd March 2010, 18:41   #107
Senior - BHPian

Arun..Its purely for collection purpose.All are Fiats are for collection only.Last week i took my Delight to office and few lady colleagues got in took pics and dirtied the carpet.Cursed myself and swore never to take the Fiats to office.
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:13   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Last week i took my Delight to office and few lady colleagues got in took pics and dirtied the carpet.Cursed myself and swore never to take the Fiats to office.
No offence, ram!
Well, on a slightly related note, something even worse happened with my lammy the other day....but thankfully not too serious! I drove down a few km from our place to see a doc, who happened to be a rather aged gent. He took to the scoot immediately and also insisted on taking it for a short spin. I agreed rather reluctantly but insisted on coming with him. He just went down past his hospital compound wall and some biker guy came in the wrong direction towards us. He managed to brake in time but the doc, not being too experienced with the lammy since long, didnt have the knack of braking it...and went straight, bumping into the bike. Luckily it was only the latter's tyre that brushed against it, caused some chip-off of the paint on the edge of the front mudguard. You can hardly see it at a casual glance. BUT it could've been even worse! The gent did apologise to me profusely for it but since then I vowed never to let anyone ride the scoot, unless they're currently experienced with driving them.
Old 3rd March 2010, 20:26   #109
Senior - BHPian

Shyam,you should be very careful with classics being handled by non-classic owners.
Until now only Shiva(cyberdoctorind) has deiven my fiats and he is an expert with Fiats.Hence i trusted him.
Old 4th March 2010, 01:09   #110
Senior - BHPian

I also agree to what Arun has said if you are looking for a daily commuter then its fine but as you said its purely for drive pleasure I feel its not fitting the slot I feel a 118 NE diesel can be a better choice, Its again your call and I am sure you must have done a good deal of homework on this, Its just an opinion ram garu from my side and no offect meant to Diesel fiats or their owners .

Different people different views is what I feel.

O goodness my nothing seriously happened, thank god Shyam garu. I say we need to change our mannerism and start saying NO up fornt than being sorry for ourselves.

Last edited by chanu : 4th March 2010 at 01:16.
Old 4th March 2010, 03:08   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
...worse happened with my lammy the other day....
I find crowded bunks a problem too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
....I feel a 118 NE diesel...
That'd be a P. 1.38D

Does anyone know of who's got this select now? This one caught my eye as it has the patti below both wind shields. Was on sale, where I saw it 7 months ago. It was around for about month or more. (sorry about the cell-phone pics)
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-06072009166.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-06072009170.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-06072009169.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-06072009171.jpg  

Last edited by gendarmee : 4th March 2010 at 03:14.
Old 4th March 2010, 10:28   #112
Senior - BHPian

Its a pretty good looking car but what are the pattis meant for and there is a hook on the rear glass by any chance this coulb be a convertable.
Old 4th March 2010, 21:17   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its a pretty good looking car but what are the pattis meant for and there is a hook on the rear glass by any chance this coulb be a convertable.
LOL! No, no convertible saar!

This hook to hold the top half of the rear seat was common on all old (suicide-door) 1100s! The top half of the rear seat can be tilted down in the event of accomodating more lugguae etc. in the boot. Both seat halves have a solid metal back.

I have a feeling I have seen this car earlier, going by the regn...but not sure.
Old 4th March 2010, 21:41   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quite a neat car those pattis are original and in great shape. Barring few things rest seems to be original.
Old 4th March 2010, 22:12   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

BTW, forgot to point this out in my last post- this car seems to have the rare cushioned horn button- I was told these are period accessories for older fiats. They came only in black or cream; local replicas I'm told, were made with green, red and even blue surrounds!! Here is one I once spotted at a local parts store:

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-img_0870.jpg
Old 4th March 2010, 23:12   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
...forgot to point this out in my last post- this car seems to have the rare cushioned horn button....Here is one I once spotted at a local parts store..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1069841-post63.html

I remember you posting the same in Mr. Mole's thread when I'd described it. My mechie had pulled one out for me when i'd asked for a yellow horn button, I couldn't go for a couple of weeks and someone else picked it up! Here's another pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-06072009167.jpg  

Last edited by bblost : 5th March 2010 at 07:25. Reason: adding link
Old 6th March 2010, 12:04   #117
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to have quarter glasses and steering wheel of Delite or PP to my car since long time and am confused to go for it or not as somewhere I feel would I be changing the originality of the car as its 1990 model and it did not come with quarter glasses. Having said that I also want to give my car the period look with the glasses and not sure how to go about it as the denter also finds it new.

Getting the glasses would do or do I need to change the doors aswell?

How do I go about changing the steering wheel along with the switches for indicator and rest of a earlier model. Does anyone has the wheel with switches.

Can someone help me.

I am eager to grow my PP to a classic grade as it has not completed 25 yrs (1990 Model).
Old 6th March 2010, 13:19   #118
Senior - BHPian

Bala..I would suggest you to keep your proud PP(which i drove last Sunday) intact and rather acquire another Super Select,which are abundantly available in Hyderabad.
Its now a craze for FCCH for each owner to own atleast 2 Fiats.Why dont you channelise your effrots to secure a nice Super Select with Quarter glasses.
Old 6th March 2010, 16:40   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Until now only Shiva(cyberdoctorind) has deiven my fiats and he is an expert with Fiats.Hence i trusted him.
Saar, you are forgetting a tall gent who drove your Spirit of Turino!!
Old 6th March 2010, 17:07   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to have quarter glasses and steering wheel of Delite or PP to my car since long time and am confused to go for it or not as somewhere I feel would I be changing the originality of the car as its 1990 model and it did not come with quarter glasses. Having said that I also want to give my car the period look with the glasses and not sure how to go about it as the denter also finds it new.

Getting the glasses would do or do I need to change the doors aswell?

How do I go about changing the steering wheel along with the switches for indicator and rest of a earlier model. Does anyone has the wheel with switches.

Can someone help me.

I am eager to grow my PP to a classic grade as it has not completed 25 yrs (1990 Model).
Either buy a old quarter glass model fiat which can be termed as classic if you want that status or get the whole set of front doors having quarter glass fitted from scrapyard. Fitting it to the non cut glass door is a tricky work failing which the fitting will not be good and water will seep in the door resulting in rust. I myself asked this question a long time back on this forum. Even i love the breeze coming from the quarter glass while driving. It has a different pleasure of its own.
regarding the switch what type of switch are you referring to. Is it the old combination switch (look at the pic) or something else.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-image0106.jpg  

Most Viewed