Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2010, 22:39   #136
Senior - BHPian

Bala bhai have you posted some pics of your car in any thread. If yes then please direct me as i am keen on viewing them.
Old 7th March 2010, 00:03   #137
Senior - BHPian

Sagar..check Post # 78 on this thread to see Bala's blue PP.
Old 7th March 2010, 17:07   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a neat car you guys should have in your club

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat06.jpg

It belongs to one Bomi Patell, I think he was with the traffic police. This is an old photo he sent me.

Also there was this car, I forget who the owner was, maybe Shyam will remember

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-01.jpg
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-10.jpg

Last edited by karlosdeville : 7th March 2010 at 17:11.
karlosdeville is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2010, 18:33   #139
Senior - BHPian

Aha! super cool cars, Yes karlos the MUST BE cars in FCCH, hope the owners take part in our club. I love both of them I like this type of car with 3 slat grille. I hope these two cars are still here in AP/Hyd as I believe they are both Hyd registration. I wish I own one of this kind one day.

I am also looking the sun set or shade on the yellow car above the front glass, I guess its an accessory or extra fitting for these cars and even the last premier padminis also had them, I hope I should find one sometime for my Premier.

Shyam garu please throw some light on these cars.
Old 7th March 2010, 19:56   #140
Senior - BHPian

Karl..I have seen both the above Millicentos and the yellow one has a very distinct registration number.I will try to find out the owners through Shyam.
Old 7th March 2010, 20:11   #141
Senior - BHPian

Ram garu we have not seen both the angels in any of the recent rallies also, please do find through Shyam Garu so that if required we can retain them here for us.
Old 8th March 2010, 21:02   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Here is a neat car you guys should have in your club

It belongs to one Bomi Patell, I think he was with the traffic police. This is an old photo he sent me.

Also there was this car, I forget who the owner was, maybe Shyam will remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Aha! super cool cars, Yes karlos the MUST BE cars in FCCH, hope the owners take part in our club.
I hope these two cars are still here in AP/Hyd as I believe they are both Hyd registration. I wish I own one of this kind one day.

I am also looking the sun set or shade on the yellow car above the front glass, I guess its an accessory or extra fitting for these cars and even the last premier padminis also had them, I hope I should find one sometime for my Premier.
Shyam garu please throw some light on these cars.
Chanu, look no more for the coveted sunvisor, saar! What are friends for I say??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Karl..I have seen both the above Millicentos and the yellow one has a very distinct registration number.I will try to find out the owners through Shyam.
Hey guys,
OK I do know atleast the second, grey millecento (AIA 8721) in karl's pics.- its a one-family owned car from new, I'm often in touch with the owner, a nice young chap named Varun, currently doing his engg. in Vizag. His grandfather had bought the car new and it was earlier in Rajasthan where he'd worked, later brought to hyd. hence the late 80s AIA regn. This car was originally black, then painted to this colour "cosmic grey". It is currently housed at their old family house in W.Marredpally Secunderabad, which I see quite often while passing through that area, although the car cant be seen from outside, as I'm told it's locked up in a shed at the back of the house. The owner's family lives in Bombay since a long time, so this house is let out on rent.

Its a good thing they still retain the house and the car though, albeit the former would do better with more TLC.

I certainly intend to meet up with Varun on his next trip to hyd. and introduce him to you folks, I'm sure he'd be delighted to join the club!

I'm not familiar with the yellow car though. Karl, I thought you told me Bomi Patel's car was this elegant in the same colour? I used to see this with someone in the old city around 2007, later sold (the reason being given on the rear windscreen!) 'never saw it again. 'hope its in good hands, and hope it gets to join your club!

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-019.jpg

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-020.jpg

Last edited by Stanher : 8th March 2010 at 21:04.
Old 8th March 2010, 22:09   #143
Senior - BHPian

Shyam..lets track these owners.I would like to invite them to the next FCCH Meet.
hillram is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2010, 23:48   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Shyam..lets track these owners.I would like to invite them to the next FCCH Meet.
You can find the owner of AIA 8721 in my orkut and Facebook friends' lists, so not at all a problem to contact him!

The others would need to be tracked down though.

PS: 'been to our friendly local scrapyard yet?

You would also find some spares in Bahadurpura, the other known scrapyard. I had bought a "long" rear bumper there back in 2007. 'never been there again since.
Old 9th March 2010, 01:00   #145
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot Shyam for the updates, you deserve one of these fiat hope the yellow angel landed at you apartment...Ha I wish you come to our club in one of them. For the benifit of others this gentlemen had sourced good cars for others and had a magnificant Delite which I lost .

The car (ADU 7673) is still a good car its just the wheel caps are not original but I see the car is a good contender. Whats new to me is the monogram on the front of the bonnet. Is it an after market fitment or did they come with it. Lock on the trunk, etc make me feel sad that this car has also gone from me.

"Mercedes my next car is" ha! dont know if the owner has got it or not but sure he lost one beauty of a car.

Hyderabad has a history and fleet of vehicles which were unique and absolute condition and had no value to the owners, but now we have a queue of owners repenting for the lost treasure.

God only know where this angel has gone, Ram garu any clue if we have seen ADU anywhere in recent rallies, events.

With this I wanted to share an experience which I had this weekend. I parked my Padmini opp to McDonalds, Tirumalgiri, Sec'bad I saw a sardar kid circling my PP and was peeping inside the car and was asking something to his dad, it took him around 10 mts to convince and take him off the car. I guess he is our next gen FCCH member.

Last edited by chanu : 9th March 2010 at 01:04.
Old 9th March 2010, 10:11   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
I'm not familiar with the yellow car though. Karl, I thought you told me Bomi Patel's car was this elegant in the same colour?
At the time I had not seen the car, but I knew he had a yellow dukkar and I knew he had a Mercedes (a lovely 123), so I assumed. My bad
Old 11th March 2010, 12:49   #147
Senior - BHPian

Shower for Delight

Yesterday I decided to get my Delight thoroughly washed,cleaned,vacuumed and polished.
I landed up with my usual washing service,who regularly attends my fleet.
The process was quite time taking,but the delight needed all the attention.
First the car was lifted up on a ramp,all the wheels removed,given an oil spray and wash to the underbody.then greasing was done to all the points.
While the car was on the ramp,I went underneath to look at the engineering marvel of Fiat and it was a treat to eyes.Due to lack of light,I couldnt take any pictures.
Once this process was completed,the car was brought down the ramp,the engine bay was opened and given a water wash followed by a vacuum spray to dry the engine.
Then began an extensive,shampooing and a rinse followed by a spray of wash.The whole process took about 2 1/2 hrs and all the time,i had onlookers and passing people asking me many questions about the car.
I wound up with a coat of rubbing polish and a treatment of waxpol.
The car is now clean and neat and smells fresh as a morning flower.I mean a Green Flower !!!
Nothing like seeing my car washed and polished and when the Sunrays touch early in the morning,the car shines with new bliss.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00001.jpg  

Last edited by hillram : 11th March 2010 at 12:53.
Old 11th March 2010, 12:53   #148
Senior - BHPian

Only one photo!

We need more pics please! What about your Delight resto pics? Do you have any Super Select resto pics?
Old 11th March 2010, 13:00   #149
Senior - BHPian

Arun Bhai..Im not too much of an ace photographer,hence i dont take many pics.From now on I shall click more pics.
Old 11th March 2010, 13:05   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Hillram - why have you removed the original aluminium wheelcaps? Please put them on if possible (in one photograph, they are there). If you are not putting them on because you are protecting them for special occasions, it is the correct thing to do. Then please put the black plastic wheel caps on because they will protect your wheel bearings from dust, water etc. You may also use original Ambassador convex wheel caps on these black caps. They are available in plenty and look classy also.

Your servicing photograph indicates that there are still places who wash cars like this, the typical "mama" becoming all wet in the process. The wooden log below the front cross member is also very typical of the way Fiats are lifted. You must have got all wet and smelling of diesel and grease by the time you finished. Believe you me, it's worth it.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Most Viewed