Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2010, 01:00   #181
Senior - BHPian

@Ram: this reminds me of my first few (heartbreaking) forays to Mumbai's chor bazaar.
Btw, great to see the li'l one keep the faith !!
Old 14th March 2010, 01:07   #182
Senior - BHPian

Guys going to scrapyard "alag salag" (Hyd slang) .. someone got hurt and that is BALA.

Good or Bad:

Bad to know the good old companion for may families for many years getting hacked by chisels and hammered and crumbled down to mere a scrap metal. ( humans are very destructive and unfaithfull sometimes) at the same time feeling relieved and to some extent happy to see good old parts for our cars found in piles. Having said that this is the right time to stock them.

These guys buy cars for mere 14-15 thousands and make around 4-5 thousand more by scrapping as the metals like aluminium, iron etc sold seperately will fetch them more, however they stock many parts for some time to sell them at a premium price and this price will vary on person to person, time and need/necessacity.

We also Need to know the art of bargaining along with good knowledge/distinguish the parts is necessary this will only come by experience.

Next time Shiva, Ram garu when you go to the yard please add me also na, I am ready with my trolley/basket.

I feel Shaym's guy should be reliable and a good source to find parts and who knows someone can be lucky to get a classic (for Me 1 good Delite)

Any clue how much would a door cost ram garu with the quarter glass.
Old 14th March 2010, 01:24   #183
Senior - BHPian

Happy to see the Juniors coming up with classic taste and there is a famous saying in sanskrit which goes like this.. "Yatha Raja Thatha Praja" he is your son Ram garu the descendant of your passion & collection.. Lucky chap! god bless him the real cars as easy as he picked up this Fiat form the shelf.

Good to see lot of next gen contenders coming up I've seen Suren kids, Ram's kids pictures with their dad's classic toy's. Presenting the youngest contender (7 mths) My nephew playing with the gear lever at a traffic signal.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-junior.jpg  

Old 14th March 2010, 02:04   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post

Bala..Im not sure of the price,but it is certainly affordable.
We will go back in a few days when the fleet of Fiats arrive for breakdown.We can check out at that time.
Old 14th March 2010, 06:08   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We also Need to know the art of bargaining along with good knowledge/distinguish the parts is necessary this will only come by experience.
You need to know the rates of new parts available. Accordingly ask for 20% of the rate for old part.

And the most important thing to learn is NEVER show your EXCITEMENT in front of the shop keeper when you find a nice rare part like grill of Delight etc,.. Just keep asking for something else and then ask for the part you liked.

Karthik and me faced this problem initially. We used to get excited in front of the shop keeper and he used to quote very high prices.

Quote:

Next time Shiva, Ram garu when you go to the yard please add me also na, I am ready with my trolley/basket.
NEVER go with a basket.

Read this post of BEHRAM Sir!!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...tml#post698682

One more lesson to learn!
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vintag...tml#post699074

Quote:
I feel Shaym's guy should be reliable and a good source to find parts and who knows someone can be lucky to get a classic (for Me 1 good Delite)
I recently bought few very good doors. With all the fittings. Each door is Rs400.

P.S: Bala: Is that your kid?

Last edited by arun1100 : 14th March 2010 at 06:09.
Old 14th March 2010, 08:45   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys going to scrapyard "alag salag" (Hyd slang) .. someone got hurt and that is BALA.

Good or Bad:

Bad to know the good old companion for may families for many years getting hacked by chisels and hammered and crumbled down to mere a scrap metal. ( humans are very destructive and unfaithfull sometimes) at the same time feeling relieved and to some extent happy to see good old parts for our cars found in piles. Having said that this is the right time to stock them.

These guys buy cars for mere 14-15 thousands and make around 4-5 thousand more by scrapping as the metals like aluminium, iron etc sold seperately will fetch them more, however they stock many parts for some time to sell them at a premium price and this price will vary on person to person, time and need/necessacity.

Good company makes your visit to the scrapyard more enjoyable and financially strong. Bala bhai hope you are able to get one fiat delight with original fittings intact.
Regarding the price at which scrappers buy fiats range from 6000-10000 Max depending on the condition. And selling parts to recyclers get them around somewhere to 18000-25000 Rs. Sometimes they enjoy their day if we people land up in their shop purchasing parts as units.
The art of bargaining comes only with self learning. As Arun bhai clearly stated don't get excited over the part you desperately need in front of the scrapper. Otherwise he will quote very high non negotiable prices. One thing more which one should not do when visiting scrapyard is to hurry. Take more time bargaining the price rather than paying sau pachas less on the amount stated by scrapper.
Why do you want to buy the doors. Is it for the quarter glass. Do check for the rust under and inside the door. The doors will cost you somewhere between 350-600 depending on the condition and model(cut glass or plain). I inquired about these prices from scrapper just for you He quoted me following breakup: Window glass Rs. 50, Door along with window winder mechanism 400. Aluminum fittings sum up for 40Rs which include side pattis, window channel,door handles. Do keep in mind that these prices are negotiable. So it all depends on your art of bargain. Wishing you and all the FCCH members best wishes for you next visit.
Old 14th March 2010, 13:20   #187
Senior - BHPian

I recently bought few very good doors. With all the fittings. Each door is Rs400.

P.S: Bala: Is that your kid?[/quote]

Yes I am in two minds regarding the quarter glass. Some said change the doors itself, Some said its a tedious process. So let me find a pair of nice doors then I will decide of the retro look! Thanks to shyam for giving me the sun shade and the pads now the process of retro look started.

This week I am in deficiancy of VITAMIN-M (money) so I didnt go to the yard, but next time its going to be treat for my PADMINI.

Can anyone tell me how does the original seat cover, door pads look for a 1990 Padmini as I assume my car has the original ones as the seat cover side paddings the inside layer make me feel so. I'm sure Dhabar ji must be able to throw light on this.

The tiny tot is my nephew (elder brother's son) who already a proud owner of Rajdoot GTS for his 10yr birthday.

Last edited by chanu : 14th March 2010 at 13:26. Reason: Added few more lines
Old 14th March 2010, 13:28   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I am in two minds regarding the quarter glass. Some said change the doors itself, Some said its a tedious process. So let me find a pair of nice doors then I will decide of the retro look! Thanks to shyam for giving me the sun shade and the pads now the process of retro look started.
If your car's doors are good without any rust then refrain from changing them.

You got a sun shade?!! Cool! I too got one easily... But not lucky enough to find another for karthik...

Quote:
The tiny tot is my nephew (elder brother's son) who already a proud owner of Rajdoot GTS for his 10yr birthday.
Thats cool!
Old 14th March 2010, 13:42   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
If your car's doors are good without any rust then refrain from changing them.

You got a sun shade?!! Cool! I too got one easily... But not lucky enough to find another for karthik...

Thats cool!
I guess the doors does not have any rust as far as i've seen externally. Sure I will refrain from changing them if its going to take me to a mad man.

Here is the sun shade I am talking about for my car. I am happy as I was looking for the excact pattern with two chrome strips. Thanks Shyam.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-p140310_13.34.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-p140310_13.35.jpg  

Old 14th March 2010, 13:47   #190
Senior - BHPian

I have a sunshade of this design as seen in SuperSelect's car.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dscf0095.jpg  

Old 14th March 2010, 13:51   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a sunshade of this design as seen in SuperSelect's car.
Arun..are theses sunshades part of the original fittings for the Select and Super Selects,if so,I will try to get for my SS.
Old 14th March 2010, 13:56   #192
Senior - BHPian

No Ram garu I don't think so, It should be an extra fitting. There were few made up of fibre its also cool.

Ram garu you I thought you had it on your super select. If not we shall search for your's as well as for Delite this time at the yard.
Old 14th March 2010, 14:18   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There were few made up of fibre its also cool.
This blue sunshade looks really cool.

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc01375.jpg

Another sunshade on Black Select. Notice the very rare grille.

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc09583.jpg
Old 14th March 2010, 15:27   #194
BHPian

Quote:
This blue sunshade looks really cool.

Attachment 307277

Another sunshade on Black Select. Notice the very rare grille.

Attachment 307280
Two great looking Cars!
1. What is the paint colour code?
2. Is the grill a one piece, original or after market?
Old 14th March 2010, 15:38   #195
Senior - BHPian

Sir, The "ElevenHundred" logo on the grille is very rare. Owner claims only 200 of those were ever made. Its a original grille.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc09596.jpg  

Most Viewed