Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 20:20   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
these hubcaps, if chrome, are potential rust-traps and I found hardly last one monsoon! If they are stainless steel however, nothing to worry about.
I tend to agree with you on this, My PP's Hub Caps have turned themselves from a sparkling example to a dull and rusted example. I am speaking about the make Cox.
Old 16th March 2010, 20:27   #212
Senior - BHPian

@Hillram you have an awesome looking fiat, paint finish and quality looks top notch, everytime i see it i go

Spike

P.S. What paint have you used?
Old 16th March 2010, 20:28   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think I have come across the name Everest auto....'dont recall buying any of this brand though. COX still do make hubcaps (only stainless steel I reckon), even for Ambys. I got a stainless steel set (which I prefer to the new chrome ones that hardly have enough sheen and rust like nothing else!) for my Pennant of this brand only. They are not as heavy as the original hubcaps but atleast they dont ever rust! I've also seen "NOX" and "MOX" ones in stainless.

The hubcaps ram has fitted came on the last of the padminis, and no offence to anyone, but as a rule I generally used to avoid any cosmetic parts that came on the last of the PPs. Especially any chrome parts- these hubcaps, if chrome, are potential rust-traps and I found hardly last one monsoon! If they are stainless steel however, nothing to worry about.
Shyam..These are stainless Steel caps that Everest makes,according to Mehta Automobiles.
My principle is different from yours : if the caps are rusted after a Monsoon,get a new set of caps.Rs.500 a year doesnt put a hole in your pocket.At least the car gets new look everytime !!!
Old 16th March 2010, 20:35   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
@Hillram you have an awesome looking fiat, paint finish and quality looks top notch, everytime i see it i go

Spike

P.S. What paint have you used?
Thanks Spike.
I have used a brand of paint called Deltrone.It is very good,fast drying,smooth and silk finish.Im planning to give a teflon coat after the monsoon.
Old 16th March 2010, 20:40   #215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
My principle is different from yours : if the caps are rusted after a Monsoon,get a new set of caps.Rs.500 a year doesnt put a hole in your pocket.At least the car gets new look everytime !!!
Indeed. But in that case, if a better alternative (such as in this case, stainless steel) is anyway available anytime and looks-wise is the same too, then why at all go for those that rust away and would need changing every year, regardless of how cheap they may cost?
But, since you've got stainless steel ones only, well and good. So we can leave it at that.

Last edited by Stanher : 16th March 2010 at 20:41.
Old 16th March 2010, 23:40   #216
Senior - BHPian

FCCH Logo

Since the time FCCH was created,I have been on the job to get a proper identity to the club.we had tried many types of logos with a different philosophy attached each time,but kept failing.
First I approached my good old T-Bhpian Nazim (Pulsar 56) who is a very creative chap and he came up with a splendid modern interpretation of the logo.
Then I took the help of FCB members Karthik Mallur and Arun.With in few days,inspite of their Anniversary preparations,Karthik came up with a beautiful piece of work.

Today,FCCH decided to adopt this logo as the official insignia of the club.
A big thanks to Karthik Mallur and Arun for showing the Fiat Fraternity and helping us and Nazim,my close T-Bhpian who designed the modern version of logos that we will adopt for various collaterals.
Here are the logos:
1. FCCH Official Logo designed by Karthik Mallur of FCB
2. FCCH Contemporary Logo designed by Nazim Rehman (Pulsar 56)
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fcch_logo.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fcch-logo-final.jpg  

Old 16th March 2010, 23:46   #217
Senior - BHPian

Congrats FCCH on the new Logo.
Old 16th March 2010, 23:47   #218
Senior - BHPian

Wah re wah! Such a beautiful logo. Fully classic, suits best for our classic clubs. All people from Hyd will definitely notice.

Ram, FCCH owes FCB founders a SPICY Hyderabadi Biriyani at Paradise

Last edited by funkykar : 16th March 2010 at 23:50.
Old 16th March 2010, 23:52   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Wah re wah! Such a beautiful logo. Fully classic, suits best for our classic clubs. All people from Hyd will definitely notice.

Ram, FCCH owes FCB founders a SPICY Hyderabadi Biriyani at Paradise
Thanks Karthik...It was the efforts of Karthik Mallur to bring this magic.
The treat will definitly be there for FCBians at Paradise hosted by FCCH.
Old 17th March 2010, 00:20   #220
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats, good to see the new logo!

I was emailed a pic. of this alongwith those of a few other possible selections today. All were indeed done real well by karthik, I had liked this one the best as the top part with the "FIAT" script is in the shape of the Hyd. Nizam's "dastar" (crown) that was his insignia and the charminar in full view.

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fcch.jpg

But anyways, good job! So ram, stickers to be arranged already I presume?
Old 17th March 2010, 00:30   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats, good to see the new logo!

I was emailed a pic. of this alongwith those of a few other possible selections today. All were indeed done real well by karthik, I had liked this one the best as the top part with the "FIAT" script is in the shape of the Hyd. Nizam's "dastar" (crown) that was his insignia and the charminar in full view.

Attachment 309420

But anyways, good job! So ram, stickers to be arranged already I presume?
Indeed Shyam..The stickers will be ready in few days.
The Dastar logo has been strategically kept for a specific purpose at a later date by FCCH.
Old 17th March 2010, 00:39   #222
BHPian

Could the name not be Classic Fiat Club- Hyderabad? That is because the current name FCCH, makes it sound like the former Fiat 1100 club, as though Classic were some particular model.
Old 17th March 2010, 08:04   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Could the name not be Classic Fiat Club- Hyderabad? That is because the current name FCCH, makes it sound like the former Fiat 1100 club, as though Classic were some particular model.
FCCH is for Fiat Classic owners/lovers and a Fiat Classic owner will surely understand that the Club is for Classic Fiats.
Old 17th March 2010, 09:48   #224
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Its My pleasure, Ram & Stanher. i do anything possible for fiats. Fiat cars are not just a car for me. i am emotionally attached to them. especially vintage and classic fiats. i wish i was born as a fiat car and get the admiration from many fans :-)
Old 17th March 2010, 09:54   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Its My pleasure, Ram & Stanher. i do anything possible for fiats. Fiat cars are not just a car for me. i am emotionally attached to them. especially vintage and classic fiats. i wish i was born as a fiat car and get the admiration from many fans :-)
Thank god MB wasnt born a Fiat. Otherwise, we would have missed the amazing photography skills and Photoshop skills. Anyways, you are already born with the Fiat DNA in you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks