Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2010, 20:52   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Lucky you. A unique horn indeed. The price quoted for a 55 millicento is simply to keep people away from the car. No way he can get 2Lac for it even 75K is too much. The same thing i recently experienced. There was a select which was up for sale by a scrapper for about 50K that too without the original trims and fittings. See the green colored car behind padmini.
Thanks samsag I have noticed an northwardly trend of classic prices in Hyderabad. People look at selling substandard / light years away from original / tampered classics at absurd prices. The example of the 55 millicento was just a reckoner, it did not have the original wheel rims, PP side beadings, No small head lamp units, Original steering/horn button absent, fuel filler cap absent, engine not fiat's and the guy claims the car is cent percent original I just kept quiet as he thought I was testing is knowledge. The select that is in the background does not look like a worthy contender to fetch 50k to me.
Old 21st March 2010, 21:06   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdoctorind View Post
Attaching the unclear picture again for your reference
This is still a mystry for me. I too have the original Starter (correct for my car) but the Pinion Housing is unlike yours and therefore the request. By the way, if I find you a pull type example then this would be mine

Quote:
My car has the battery housing on the same side as the driver so will need to see if the housing has a provision to fix the horn. According to pictures of the engine bay seen on the elegants, the horn is seen on the RHS below the battery.
The Battery position is Correct, there is a bracket just below the Battery tray on the wheel well as in the picture below.

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-fiat-horn.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Lucky you. A unique horn indeed. The price quoted for a 55 millicento is simply to keep people away from the car. No way he can get 2Lac for it even 75K is too much. The same thing i recently experienced. There was a select which was up for sale by a scrapper for about 50K that too without the original trims and fittings. See the green colored car behind padmini.
Well you could have got some parts of the car. Can You get me the Aluminium Tail lamps of the said Car.
Old 21st March 2010, 21:14   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
This is still a mystry for me. I too have the original Starter (correct for my car) but the Pinion Housing is unlike yours and therefore the request. By the way, if I find you a pull type example then this would be mine

The Battery position is Correct, there is a bracket just below the Battery tray on the wheel well as in the picture below.

Attachment 312388

Well you could have got some parts of the car. Can You get me the Aluminium Tail lamps of the said Car.
On my next visit i will surely try to get them for you if they are still there. I think that the lenses are broken though. The car is standing there for a long time and the scrapper (chachaa) is not willing to scrap it.He says that he would sell it off for 50K. I even inquired about the old meter of this car as the casing is intact and also are the toggle switches which you required. Hoping that this time i am lucky enough to get some parts for you.
Old 21st March 2010, 21:27   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
By the way, if I find you a pull type example then this would be mine
Definitely, I would not ask anything more,if I am able to get a pull type example
Old 21st March 2010, 22:02   #260
Senior - BHPian

Manish: I will be collecting the pull knobs tomorrow morning at 7! Hope they are useful for FCB or FCCH cars..
Old 21st March 2010, 22:07   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Manish: I will be collecting the pull knobs tomorrow morning at 7! Hope they are useful for FCB or FCCH cars..
Sirji I need them desperately . I dont mind driving down to B'lore to collect them
Old 21st March 2010, 22:19   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sirji I need them desperately . I dont mind driving down to B'lore to collect them
Then please drive down to B'lore.. FCB guys are ever ready to welcome Fiatians.

I will get the part and give to Manish and then its his wish..
Old 21st March 2010, 22:25   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
Then please drive down to B'lore.. FCB guys are ever ready to welcome Fiatians.

I will get the part and give to Manish and then its his wish..
Ah superb, I would drive to B'lore in my newer fiat to meet you guys. I hope newer Fiats are welcome to meet you guys as my elegant would be tired carrying me all the 580 kms to b'lore . Thanks Arun for sourcing the knobs
Old 21st March 2010, 22:57   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sirji, I am waiting for the day when I get to drive my elegant. Attaching pictures of the cone tubed horn that I have managed to get my hands on. PAAM PAAM sound is superb

The fiat1100 badge that you see in the last photograph is on a 55 millicento. The guy who owns the car expects the car to be sold for 2 Lakhs with very less originality. The same guy asked for 75 K from chanu (Balaji) for the same car
Nice pics.! Looks like you guys had fun again!

Congrats on the horn shiva! Lucky for you it didnt come into my hands when I used to frequent the scrapyard (presuming you got it at Suraj Talkies?)!

I think I know this millecento, the faded black paint and grille over the tail-lights seem familiar- is it in a corner of a garage close to ram's area, owned by the mechanic there? There is also a junking Merc. W115 and a stripped up Austin Cambridge in black that looks like it's ready for painting (for the last 3 years!)

The guy, when I'd first met him, said he'd left this fiat covered by a plastic sheet for more than a year while he was away, which resulted in the paint getting damaged, especially over the roof. He said he was going to restore the car! I'm not surprised about the price he's asking- he'd quoted pretty much the same price that he did for bala back then. He claimed that someone from Bangalore came to him once offering 65k for the car!
I did have pics. of this car with me but cant find them now, maybe they were lost when my PC had crashed some time back.

As sagar said, he may not feel like selling the car so quotes such prices to keep people away. But he doesnt seem to do anything with it either.

Last edited by Stanher : 21st March 2010 at 23:02.
Old 21st March 2010, 23:26   #265
Senior - BHPian

Shiva you shouldn't be worriying about the horn fitment if you don't have the arrangement already you can create one below the battery case as its not yet painted inside the engine bay. I've never thought these horns are valuable and wanted for fiats', few have been fixed to even Amby MarkII, I have see many when I used to hunt for my British motor parts.

We are in need Ivory coloured knobs and the Cylendrical side ways air filter, starter motor etc for now for Shiva's babe please do let us know if any available.

One thing for sure the car is going to be the bumper bonanza looker and one of the pride pocession in FCCH stable.

Here is the Shiva's another car (I don't know if acquired in childhood if so then it sure must be the inquisitiveness of someones to create a convertable differently) He hehe!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-p210310_10.40.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-p210310_10.41.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-p210310_10.42.jpg  

Last edited by chanu : 21st March 2010 at 23:29.
Old 21st March 2010, 23:48   #266
Senior - BHPian

Good to see so many Tbhpians in FCCH ! Great going guys .
By the way, that scale model looks awesome - Chanu, is it the one made by Starline Models of Germany ? I've been dying to get my hands on this one . Can you post some close ups please ?
Old 22nd March 2010, 00:02   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Chanu, is it the one made by Starline Models of Germany ?
\
Yes..This is a Starline Model from Germany.I think only this co makes Fiat Models.I have never seen Mattel,Burago,Maisto make Fiat scale models and always wondered why !!!
Old 22nd March 2010, 00:07   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
\
Yes..This is a Starline Model from Germany.I think only this co makes Fiat Models.I have never seen Mattel,Burago,Maisto make Fiat scale models and always wondered why !!!
He he, the way we're making Fiats famous, I'm sure they soon will bring out a classic Fiat scale model !!
Regarding the Starline model, I think many of us on this forum are hankering for one. Will it make sense for someone to import a big consignment ?
Old 22nd March 2010, 07:01   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Nice pics.! Looks like you guys had fun again!

Congrats on the horn shiva! Lucky for you it didnt come into my hands when I used to frequent the scrapyard (presuming you got it at Suraj Talkies?)!

I think I know this millecento, the faded black paint and grille over the tail-lights seem familiar- is it in a corner of a garage close to ram's area, owned by the mechanic there? There is also a junking Merc. W115 and a stripped up Austin Cambridge in black that looks like it's ready for painting (for the last 3 years!)

The guy, when I'd first met him, said he'd left this fiat covered by a plastic sheet for more than a year while he was away, which resulted in the paint getting damaged, especially over the roof. He said he was going to restore the car! I'm not surprised about the price he's asking- he'd quoted pretty much the same price that he did for bala back then. He claimed that someone from Bangalore came to him once offering 65k for the car!
I did have pics. of this car with me but cant find them now, maybe they were lost when my PC had crashed some time back.

As sagar said, he may not feel like selling the car so quotes such prices to keep people away. But he doesnt seem to do anything with it either.
Shyam even if you would have laid your hands on the horn first, I would have got it from you presuming you would have passed it on to me. what are friends for

The millicento in question is definitely in a bad shape. These mechanics think that restoration of the car to original specs is easy which according to me is pure foolishness as "Mein car restore karoonga and then bhejdaloonga" will in all probability might not happen et all and the car winds it's way to either the recycler or ends up in becoming a donor car for people like me who are on the prowl.

Quote:
We are in need Ivory coloured knobs and the Cylendrical side ways air filter, starter motor etc for now for Shiva's babe please do let us know if any available.

One thing for sure the car is going to be the bumper bonanza looker and one of the pride pocession in FCCH stable.

Here is the Shiva's another car (I don't know if acquired in childhood if so then it sure must be the inquisitiveness of someones to create a convertable differently) He hehe!
Thanks Balaji for your support. I do hope that the car meets FCCH's and overall all the fiat lover's expectations when ready. The scale model is from starline and is made in china. Have purchased it from ebay Uk. The top accidentally got chopped off during transit. This scale model would be used for color matching for my elegant as its the shade I am looking at. So T-BHP would have 3 classics in the same shade (Ravi's , Gogi's and yours truly's)
Old 22nd March 2010, 07:02   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah superb, I would drive to B'lore in my newer fiat to meet you guys. I hope newer Fiats are welcome to meet you guys as my elegant would be tired carrying me all the 580 kms to b'lore . Thanks Arun for sourcing the knobs
Shiva Bhai,

Din't I told you about the Knobs. Glad to help.

@ Arun: Thanks bro for collecting them for me. When I Revive the Thread I hope it will be your name for several stuffs.

@ Ravi: You have a Superselect and the knobs are different than Elegent / Select. So Good news for you also buddy. I will get them NOS.

And Shiva that Scale Model is to DIE for I have been loking for the same, where did you got it. From e-bay??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks