Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2010, 10:25   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Hello Folks!

I am posting the pictures of our Premier 118 NE. The year of manufacture is 1989. We got it in 1996 and are the second owners of the car. This is our fourth car. We previously owned a 1961 Fiat 1100, a 1957 Fiat Millicento and a Maruti 800.

Regards,

Rahul Waghmare.
Rahul bhai i just want to know what parts/things are needed to install a blower in my S1. Apart from the blower unit is there any thing else required, will be using the blower in the place of a rotary fan (found on many PP's) as i personally don't like the fan mounted on dash.(ruins the look) So please help me out. Any other technical details & suggestions are most welcome.
Posting my query here as it will surely be ignored on technical info thread.
Old 10th October 2010, 21:04   #1007
BHPian

Response to query by samsag12

Sagar,

A blower can be connected in 2 ways depending on your preference. The first way is to connect it directly to the battery using a on/off switch (if not present on the blower). This way you can use the blower even when the ignition is off. The downside of this is if the blower remains on by mistake for a long time when the car is not in use, it will drain the battery!

Another way to connect the blower is through the ignition switch. Here you will have to use a relay. The relay reduces the current passing through the ignition switch which in turn does not impact the wear & tear (life) of the ignition switch. If a relay is not used, then the entire current drawn by the blower will pass through the ignition switch, which may result in sparking and will reduce the ignition switch's life.

Ensure that a fuse is also used for safety in both the scenarios mentioned above. Please feel free to revert if you need more details.

Regards,

Rahul.
Old 10th October 2010, 21:47   #1008
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot Rahul for clearing my doubt. This means that i have to pick a blower unit from scrap and purchase a new regulator switch along with the relay and a fuse. I doubt apart from these items any other thing is needed. Do correct me if i am wrong. Will surely converse more on this through PM. rather than this thread. Also do state indicative price of the unit if procured from scrapyard, if possible.
Old 11th October 2010, 14:29   #1009
BHPian

Sagar,

Yes the parts you mentioned will suffice. As far as the switch is concerned, you can decide the type as per your requirement. You can opt for a simple on/off switch or a switch that will let you control the speed of the blower as well.

I am not sure about the price of the blower unit. A company called Remi used to make fans and blowers for cars. Not sure whether they are still available. In case you are picking up a blower from the scrap yard, ensure that you get it serviced as dust may have taken a toll on it.

Rahul.
Old 11th October 2010, 14:39   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Thanks a lot Rahul for clearing my doubt. This means that i have to pick a blower unit from scrap and purchase a new regulator switch along with the relay and a fuse. I doubt apart from these items any other thing is needed. Do correct me if i am wrong. Will surely converse more on this through PM. rather than this thread. Also do state indicative price of the unit if procured from scrapyard, if possible.
Another modification that you can think of and will look a lot more sober would be get hold of 4 nos of round Ac vents. Cut holes in the dashboard, 2 in the centre and two on the either ends.

Connect this vents to the blower by flexible ducting pipe as used in 118 NE. The over all installation will look neat.
Old 11th October 2010, 15:26   #1011
Senior - BHPian

@ Scarlet_Rider: thanks a lot for your help.will surely update you on this.
@ manishalive: Another kewl innovative idea from your side. Though the integrated vent idea is something worth considering but i would refrain from cutting the dashboard. Most probably would be fitting the blower unit in the middle of shelf. BTW do pour in some innovative ideas to fit the rotary blower switch. Will be purchasing the regulator one.
Old 11th October 2010, 22:42   #1012
Senior - BHPian

FCCH Next Meet

Time to spruce up our lives with the next FCCH Meet.
As decided last month,we plan to do a drive into old city of Hyderabad,to explore the rich heritage of Charminar,Chowmohalla Palace,Falaknuma Palace.
Date : 24th October 2010
Meeting Point : Necklace Road (MMTS Station Parking)
Time : 10.00 am

Im hoping that Shiva's Elegant will be ready by this date as the Engine has just been mounted into the car today.
Rahul's 118 NE will be a special attraction at the meet.
Old 11th October 2010, 23:36   #1013
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Shiva for the car's engine being mounted. I am sure she will come out exceptional. We all are very eager to see you car. I am also awaiting to see Falaknuma palace and hope the day would be exciting.
Old 12th October 2010, 03:23   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Rahul's 118 NE will be a special attraction at the meet.
Glad to hear that the next FCCH meet has been decided! Unfortunately my father and I will not be able to make it as we are leaving for Nagpur on 23rd October 2010 for my son's cradle ceremony. We will be back to Hyderabad on 26th October 2010. We sincerely hope that Shiva's Elegant gets ready for the meet. Have a great time and enjoy the drive to Charminar, Chowmohalla Palace & Falaknuma Palace!

Regards & Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 17th October 2010, 00:42   #1015
Senior - BHPian

Simca Fiat 1000

Simca (Société Industrielle de Mécanique et Carrosserie Automobile) was a French automaker founded in 1934 by FIAT.Till 70s they produced some good cars.
This is a 1964 Fiat Simca 1000 Left hand drive that belongs to a gentleman who also owns a rare LHD Fiat Select.
The car is very original and moves very well.Though the owner doesnot want to part with it.Sooner or later,it will come to me.
Definitly a rare find !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00002.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00003.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00004.jpg  

Fiat Classic Club - Hyderabad (FCCH)-dsc00005.jpg  

Last edited by hillram : 17th October 2010 at 01:02.
Old 17th October 2010, 02:24   #1016
BHPian

Nice find Ram! The car looks great & has a cool registration number to go with it. The shape from the side looks like a cross between a 118 NE and a Premier Padmini. Is the 2-tone color an original combination? Do try to get pictures of the LHD Fiat Select as well.
Old 17th October 2010, 07:13   #1017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is a 1964 Fiat Simca 1000 Left hand drive that belongs to a gentleman who also owns a rare LHD Fiat Select.
Ram,

A great find indeed. How about treating us with the pictures of LHD select .
Old 17th October 2010, 16:33   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
This is a Simca 1300/1500 (also called 1301/1501 later). And Simca had begun moving away from Fiat designs/platforms by the early 50s. So, by no stretch of imagination can this be called a 'Fiat Simca'!!
Old 17th October 2010, 16:45   #1019
Senior - BHPian

This is what you were discussing at the Tourisim Day rally, I am sure she is your's Ram. Let me become a fortune teller here a day would come when we all will see the same Simca gleaming with a fresh coat of paint opposite to your compound wall one day. All the very best Ram Bhai.
Old 17th October 2010, 18:35   #1020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
This is a Simca 1300/1500 (also called 1301/1501 later). And Simca had begun moving away from Fiat designs/platforms by the early 50s. So, by no stretch of imagination can this be called a 'Fiat Simca'!!
Simca (Société Industrielle de Mécanique et Carrosserie Automobile) was a French Automaker, founded in november 1934 by Fiat. Directed july 1935 to may 1963 by the Italian Henri Theodore Pigozzi(born as Enrico Teodoro Pigozzi, 1898-1964). Simca was affiliated with Fiat but later, when Simca bought Ford's French branch, became increasingly controlled by the Chrysler Group in 1970 becoming a part of Chryslar Europe and a brand rather than independent company. In 1978, Chrysler divested its European operations to another French automaker,PSA Peugeot Citroen, which replaced the Simca brand with Talbot, thus ending the life of the brand (although some models were badged as Simca-Talbots for a time).
(Courtesy : Simca - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Simca shared the Fiat Platform till late 60s.
This Simca 1000 shares lots of commonalities with Fiat platform and though it may not be considered a Fiat Simca,but it is refered by same name by Fiat enthisiasts !!!! No imagination is required here !!!

@Manish,i will soon post pics of the LHD Fiat 1100 Select.It came as a limited edition for Nizam Family with split front seats and other accessories.

@Bala..Trying to persuade Aman to sell the Simca to me.Hopefully i will succeed.

Last edited by hillram : 17th October 2010 at 18:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks