Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2010, 19:04   #1021
Senior - BHPian

Wow, Ram, Wow !! What a find !
Love those clean sixties lines, with minimally thin pillars - a hallmark of the glorious era of the automobile.
Loved the dash too.
I can just imagine how this beauty will look in blue and white..
Fingers crossed, she shall soon be yours.
And hope you had a great birthday !
Old 17th October 2010, 19:26   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Wow, Ram, Wow !! What a find !
Love those clean sixties lines, with minimally thin pillars - a hallmark of the glorious era of the automobile.
Loved the dash too.
I can just imagine how this beauty will look in blue and white..
Fingers crossed, she shall soon be yours.
And hope you had a great birthday !
Blue and White combination would be awesome.Now you have shaken my taste buds !!!
Ideally this car should have been my Birthday gift to myself,but the owner is not budging.Its only a matter of few days before,I own it.
Thanks for your wishes,Im having a great day.
Old 17th October 2010, 20:33   #1023
BHPian

Really a rare find Ram!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Simca (Société Industrielle de Mécanique et Carrosserie Automobile) was a French automaker founded in 1934 by FIAT.Till 70s they produced some good cars.
This is a 1964 Fiat Simca 1000 Left hand drive that belongs to a gentleman who also owns a rare LHD Fiat Select.
The car is very original and moves very well.Though the owner doesnot want to part with it.Sooner or later,it will come to me.
Definitly a rare find !!!
hi Guys! Back from 10 days family tour.
Hat's off to ram's knowledge. First time heard about Simca.
Ram we can go ahead with a falaknuma palace meet on 24th Oct'10.
Will this 'Fiat-simca' owner attend our meet sometime in future?
1000 on number plate matching with engine with 1000 cc. Wow!!!
Old 17th October 2010, 20:41   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabal View Post
This is a Simca 1300/1500 (also called 1301/1501 later). And Simca had begun moving away from Fiat designs/platforms by the early 50s.
Quote:
(Courtesy : Simca - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) Simca shared the Fiat Platform till late 60s.
This Simca 1000 shares lots of commonalities with Fiat platform and though it may not be considered a Fiat Simca,but it is refered by same name by Fiat enthisiasts !!!! No imagination is required here !!!
First of all please accept that this is not a Simca 1000 so please do not repeatedly call it one. It's a Simca 1300/1500 (1301/1501) and although there may be slight design similarities with the Fiat 1800/2100, that's all there is to it - a similarity.

I can understand why you are trying to link this to the Fiat brand, but I'm not getting in to that. It's your thread after all!

Secondly, what you quote from Wikipedia has been known to me before the internet invasion.

The only purpose I post here occasionally is to share the little information I have, gain a lot from others and try and correct wrong ones posted by some others so that it doesn't become the accepted fact.

Fiat-based Simca-Fiat models were only made till 1951. Knowledgeable 'enthusiasts' who call Simca cars as Simca-Fiat are always only referring to the 1951 and older Simcas. Those not clued in can say whatever. And a lot of information on the net is not gospel either. Years of ears on the ground alone enables one to sift the stuff.

Anyway, you own link to the wikipedia page above says, ''The Simca Aronde, launched in 1951, was the first true Simca car as opposed to a Fiat design''.

And the Simca 1300/1500 (or 1301/1501) that this one is, to repeat ad nauseam, followed the Aronde, and has little, if not nothing of Fiat in it.
Old 17th October 2010, 22:42   #1025
Senior - BHPian

FCCH Next Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
Ram we can go ahead with a falaknuma palace meet on 24th Oct'10.
Will this 'Fiat-simca' owner attend our meet sometime in future?
1000 on number plate matching with engine with 1000 cc. Wow!!!
FCCH next meet is now slated to happen on 31st October 2010.This change in date is because of the special request made by Shiva whose Elegant will be ready for the meet and will be showcased.
The Elegant fired its engine just past midnight,yesterday and right now is running the load test.Shiva is optimistic to bring the car for the 31st Oct Meet.The venue i.e Falaknuma Palace remains the same.
A detailed program for the 31st Oct Meet will be published soon.

Simca owner,amanullah was there at the FCCH launch in May and also a owner of Fiat 1100 Select(Limited Edition).
Old 18th October 2010, 23:44   #1026
Senior - BHPian

We welcome the amendment captain. As they say "patience pays" so does ours, this time it would be the ELEGANT way. Ram bhai please convey my congratulations to Shiva and 3 cheers to FCCH.
Old 20th October 2010, 17:42   #1027
BANNED

Quote:
Simca (Société Industrielle de Mécanique et Carrosserie Automobile) was a French automaker founded in 1934 by FIAT.
This is a 1964 Fiat Simca 1000 Left hand drive that belongs to a gentleman who also owns a rare LHD Fiat Select.
The car is very original and moves very well.Though the owner doesnot want to part with it.Sooner or later,it will come to me.
Definitly a rare find !!!
Quote:
Blue and White combination would be awesome.Now you have shaken my taste buds !!!
Ideally this car should have been my Birthday gift to myself,but the owner is not budging.Its only a matter of few days before,I own it.
Thanks for your wishes,Im having a great day.
You are dreaming of restoring someone else's car!

I guess you really love old cars. But its not a good idea to force somebody to sell their car off. I am saying this with my experience. Few people were really behind my back for me to sell off my 90% original Landy. Now I have hidden it in a garage! I am fed up of these so called dealers/collectors.

Being the Club head, please motivate the owner to retain and take good car of the car!

All the best.

Last edited by EARTHed : 20th October 2010 at 17:59.
Old 20th October 2010, 19:42   #1028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHed View Post

I guess you really love old cars. But its not a good idea to force somebody to sell their car off.

Being the Club head, please motivate the owner to retain and take good car of the car!

All the best.

The owner in question is a dealer in old cars and eventually will sell it to someone at a higher price. He is not a car enthusiast like anyone of us here and even in the FCCH meets, he makes it a point to strike deals on such cars

@ Chanu -- Thanks for your best wishes
Old 20th October 2010, 19:53   #1029
BANNED

^^ Good to know this. In that case you guys need to be aware of such dealers.
Old 20th October 2010, 20:54   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I guess you really love old cars. But its not a good idea to force somebody to sell their car off. I am saying this with my experience. Few people were really behind my back for me to sell off my 90% original Landy. Now I have hidden it in a garage! I am fed up of these so called dealers/collectors.

All the best.
As far as I know Ram he is not of that kind who would pesture someone to sell his car for his collection. Every owner of a well maintained car or bike and that too a vintage, classic automobile goes through this, you might be going a lot because your car must be one original peice.

I feel proud when I move on my wheels and when people ask me about them, why should we need to hide her put it across clear "no question of selling" and keep enjoying the ride.

These dealers needs people like us so they can make premium profit and there is no problem in discussing or expecting the cars from them we give these automobiles a good care and shelter.
Old 20th October 2010, 21:20   #1031
BHPian

A true owner will give free of cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdoctorind View Post
The owner in question is a dealer in old cars and eventually will sell it to someone at a higher price. He is not a car enthusiast like anyone of us here and even in the FCCH meets, he makes it a point to strike deals on such cars

@ Chanu -- Thanks for your best wishes
Car/bike collecters like Ram, Chanu, Stanher, Shiva, Suren, Mushtaq are really very passionate. They own and take care of them just like small babies. If a true owner come to know about their collection, he may give in peanut price or free of cost. Because he will be dam sure that his bike/car is going into right hand.

But if it is a case of dealer, then if enthusiast is asking for X price and if scrapyard dealer is giving 1 Rs extra on X, he will sell to scrap dealer. Because they don't have any attachment with car/bike. They are only having interest in money because that is there business.
Old 21st October 2010, 00:11   #1032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

All the best.
I guess i neednt add anymore justification as my comrades of FCCH and fellow Team Bhpians has driven home the point.Shiva,Bala,Narendra..thanks for your support and the unity we have is impeccable.
The owner of Simca is such a ruthless person that he swindled our own Team Bhpian with the help of another Team Bhpian.
I have rescued a beautiful Toyota Corolla from him and restored it to a pristine condition and i still use it as my daily ride.Check out my gallery for this car.

In the end,our dream is to restore vintage cars and own them for long time.
Thanks for your wishes.

Last edited by hillram : 21st October 2010 at 00:14.
Old 22nd October 2010, 05:10   #1033
BANNED

All the best Hillram in acquiring the SIMCA. I would suggest you to pick up the LHD Select too.
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:53   #1034
BHPian

All the best FCCH. You guys are doing commendable job in saving so many many Fiats in Hyd. Hope two digit number of Fiats participate in the meet this time.

Rahul: CONGRATS as your NE is the STAR attraction in the FCCH meets. 118NE Rocks!!!!
Old 22nd October 2010, 11:14   #1035
Senior - BHPian

^^+1 Chethan.

We NE lovers are really happy to see RAHUL's NE getting the main focus. Its a proud moment for us.

On behalf of Arun, Sujith, Karthik I wish FCCH the very best for the upcoming super duper Meet. Waiting to see the pics of parade of Fiats and NEs

P.S: Hope the Hyd cops wont have any issues as so many Fiats will be ruling the roads during the rally.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks