Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2010, 10:30   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
Door Panels can be cut out of aluminium sheets. Finish wont be a problem for a skilled tinworkwalla
Adheesh,

Thanks for the whole bunch of Info. On a recent visit to Bangalore MR. Behram upon asking for the Manual of FIAT 1100 103D said he will request Adheesh to give Bangalore Guys a copy. Can you please give us a copy of same. So as to have the correct Engine Build up and like.

Last edited by manishalive : 15th March 2010 at 10:35.
Old 15th March 2010, 10:35   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Adheesh,

Thanks for the whole bunch of Info. On a recent visit to Bangalore MR. Behram upon asking for the Manual of FIAT 1100 103D said he will request Adheesh to give Bangalore Guys a copy. I am asking you here for a copy of same. So as to have the correct Engine Build up and like.
I have a soft-copy in Italian, however I will scan the English copy and post the link here soon.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
Old 15th March 2010, 10:57   #63
Senior - BHPian

The manual being mentioned here is a service manual of Fiat 1100 ?? Waiting eagerly for it Adheesh.
Old 15th March 2010, 15:09   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adheesh View Post
I have a soft-copy in Italian, however I will scan the English copy and post the link here soon.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
Thanks a ton for the kind gesture. With this Info my rebuild will be a breeze.
Old 16th March 2010, 00:21   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Best are the stainless steel ones that even feel heavier and so can be identified easily. They are second in quality to the original aluminium ones that came on 1100s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Shyam what make are the ones you referring (the stainless steel one).
Do the used ones last long if i get them from scrapped car. Also is the rubber pad used for these handles which fits inside the door panel available in the market?
To answer your query, here are pics. of the ones I have. But for the lone aluminium one, all are stainless steel. They all are of different makes, like Cosmos, Asha (my neice's name too! ) and Santul(?)

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-img_5424.jpg

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-img_5425.jpg

They do last longer than the cast iron new ones available. Rubber pads should be available new in shops selling fiat door parts.
Old 16th March 2010, 06:52   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To answer your query, here are pics. of the ones I have. But for the lone aluminium one, all are stainless steel. They all are of different makes, like Cosmos, Asha (my neice's name too! ) and Santul(?)
You seems to have collected lots of Fiat parts! Where do you stock them? At home?

My mom is fed up seeing old Fiat parts all over my room!
arun1100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2010, 07:54   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 308478

Attachment 308479

They do last longer than the cast iron new ones available. Rubber pads should be available new in shops selling fiat door parts.
Damn., i think i need to learn a lot from you guys. Shyam i saw 2 aluminum door handles along with 2 window winders. The winders had off white plastic tip as opposed to the black padmini ones. I thought that all of them are faded and nickel on them is vanished. Didn't picked them up only later to realise that they are rare to find.
Old 16th March 2010, 09:39   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Damn., i think i need to learn a lot from you guys. Shyam i saw 2 aluminum door handles along with 2 window winders. The winders had off white plastic tip as opposed to the black padmini ones. I thought that all of them are faded and nickel on them is vanished. Didn't picked them up only later to realise that they are rare to find.
Oh man!!! Don't miss such rare finds!

But might not fit your car as the groves inside the door/window handles are milling type. Our's is square type..
Old 16th March 2010, 10:15   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post

But might not fit your car as the groves inside the door/window handles are milling type. Our's is square type..
From now on i will not. Regarding the fitting, i know that old ones have square type and new ones have teeth. If i knew then that they are rare to find, i would have picked them up for the benefit of others. hell i feel so
Old 16th March 2010, 14:20   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You seems to have collected lots of Fiat parts! Where do you stock them? At home?
My mom is fed up seeing old Fiat parts all over my room!
Fortunately or unfortunately, of course at home sir! Albeit some of them, especially bigger stuff (includes 2 sets of seats and a delight bootlid!) have been moved to a shed I'm renting out for the time being.
Atleast you have them only in your room! I had parts stowed away in practically every room of the house! My mom was nearly in fits and still sighs about me turning her house into a workshop!

Quote:
i saw 2 aluminum door handles along with 2 window winders. The winders had off white plastic tip as opposed to the black padmini ones. I thought that all of them are faded and nickel on them is vanished. Didn't picked them up only later to realise that they are rare to find.
Quote:

Quote:
From now on i will not. Regarding the fitting, i know that old ones have square type and new ones have teeth. If i knew then that they are rare to find, i would have picked them up for the benefit of others. hell i feel so
As arun said, you shouldnt have let go of those rare handles- they seem to be of 1100s! Do be careful next time!
And I think the old ones are actually the teeth/milled type and the new ones with the square pattern!
Old 16th March 2010, 14:25   #71
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for correcting me Shyam about the pattern inside door handles. Yes i reversed them. So your house had become a warehouse it seems. Good. Even i keep many of the parts hiding in my cupboard and even some beadings over the pelmet of room. Hilariously, after sometime even i cannot find the parts when i need.
Old 16th March 2010, 19:06   #72
BHPian

i really dont understand why did they switch to the square groove from the teeth type. the teeth last forever while the square ones wear out and develop play in course of time. always found it very irritating in my own car(the play)
Old 23rd March 2010, 12:07   #73
Senior - BHPian

Some parts I collected from a new supplier.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-dsc02002.jpg  

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-dsc02003.jpg  

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-dsc02004.jpg  

Old 23rd March 2010, 12:23   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Arun / Samsag and all - I presume you are talking about the drive configuration inside the inner door handles. Please note that the older type had the teeth, the Pasmini has the square. And Arun, no prizes for guessing if some of your wheel caps go mysteriously missing..

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 23rd March 2010, 13:57   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
And Arun, no prizes for guessing if some of your wheel caps go mysteriously missing..
Best regards,
Behram Dhabhar
Sir, i have requested Bangalore Police to provide these two Constables to guard my FIAT parts, 24/7..
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-dsc01940.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks