Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2010, 09:21   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
You take my Aluminum lights if you don't find for the next few weeks..

Do you know that Lia saw all our Fiats during the Sunday's rally!! He now knows our taste!!
Oh thanks for the kind gesture . I do need that light.
Old 28th March 2010, 00:15   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Karl - they were bought for a dear friend and already passed on. Next time, if I find more, you can have them.
I knew you would write in..
Best regards,
Behram Dhabhar
Ha ha ! That's me - Lucky me, no ?
SuperSelect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2010, 20:07   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

A fiat 1100 delight taxi to be broken in Madras. Please check out this post and try for whatever parts you want off it:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1809792-post2966.html

Also a few parts for those who really need them. There was this scrap dealer in Madras who met me and jai3033 yesterday and gave us these nice parts:
2 full assembly front parking lights for ELEGANT, plus 2 lenses of the same type.
Pair of lovely original "fish-shaped" side-indicator lights for SELECT (manish- you could need these?! )

The guy was quoting a total of 3,600/- for these though, came down to 3000/- when we offered him nearly half of what he first wanted.

He surprisingly left the stuff in jai's car when he left though!

Again, please contact jai3033 for these parts!

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-img_5483.jpg

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-img_5484.jpg

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-img_5485.jpg

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-img_5486.jpg
Stanher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2010, 20:18   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
A fiat 1100 delight taxi to be broken in Madras. Please check out this post and try for whatever parts you want off it:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1809792-post2966.html
I wish you had removed the grill! Or I hope Jai took the parts later..

Quote:
Pair of lovely original "fish-shaped" side-indicator lights for SELECT (manish- you could need these?! )
Did Manish call you? I guess he wants them.
arun1100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2010, 20:25   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need them, please as I don't have like these.
Old 29th March 2010, 21:34   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I wish you had removed the grill! Or I hope Jai took the parts later..
Well yes, removing the grille is not too difficult in the delight/padminis...but we didnt want to get caught for pilfering!

Quote:
Did Manish call you? I guess he wants them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
I need them, please as I don't have like these.
I did get an sms from someone. I couldnt recognise the number though (ever since I changed my mobile, half the previously stored numbers dont exist in my new ph.! )
Anyways, Please pm jai3033 for these parts.

Thanks.
Old 31st March 2010, 13:24   #97
BHPian

I think this would be an interesting article (though an year old!) to read on the mumbai cabs
Mumbai Taxis Roll Into Retirement - Wheels Blog - NYTimes.com

Last edited by DarshanS : 31st March 2010 at 13:25.
Old 31st March 2010, 15:24   #98
BHPian

As arun said, you shouldnt have let go of those rare handles- they seem to be of 1100s! Do be careful next time!
And I think the old ones are actually the teeth/milled type and the new ones with the square pattern! [/quote]

I picked up some aluminum interior door handles for my 62 1100 that have the milled hole and saw some others with square pattern and left them. I paid r60 for each. He also had some window handles that I didn't pay attention to.

Can you give me a fair price for these items and i could pick them up for "stock".

Leaving next Wed so time is short.
Old 31st March 2010, 21:19   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by john a milne View Post
I paid r60 for each. He also had some window handles that I didn't pay attention to.

Can you give me a fair price for these items and i could pick them up for "stock".

Leaving next Wed so time is short.
Hey John, I remember paying Rs. 100 each, for old aluminium inner handles, window and door, with the milling teeth pattern. Anything around this price is ok.
SuperSelect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2010, 21:23   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
Hey John, I remember paying Rs. 100 each, for old aluminium inner handles, window and door, with the milling teeth pattern. Anything around this price is ok.
One Delight just arrived in the scrapyard sometime back.. All original bits were missing except for inner aluminum handles.. I got 7 handles for Rs300. This is square pattern.

Whats the specialty of Delight outer door handles? It had those too. Should I take them?
Old 31st March 2010, 22:22   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Arun - the finish specified on outer door handles of Fiat 1100 Delight is different as compared to Premier Padmini, otherwise dimensionally both are same. 1100 delight handles have a unidirectional key whereas Padmini handles have unidirectional as well as bidirectional keys.

By the way in 1993, I reduced the stand out height of the outer handles to meet "external projections" CMVR. I don't think it came in production. I left the company in 1994.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2010, 22:38   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Whats the specialty of Delight outer door handles? It had those too. Should I take them?
If they are indeed original (I think I'd once emailed you pics. of those, so you'd know what they look like) then YES, you SHOULD!

Be all the more prepared for the delight you're likely to be delighted to buy one fine day!
Old 31st March 2010, 22:49   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If they are indeed original (I think I'd once emailed you pics. of those, so you'd know what they look like) then YES, you SHOULD!

Be all the more prepared for the delight you're likely to be delighted to buy one fine day!
Saw the pics you sent again. Yes, its original ones.

Regarding the Sunshade you wanted, let me know how should I go about it. How will I send it to Hyd?
Old 31st March 2010, 22:58   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Arun - the finish specified on outer door handles of Fiat 1100 Delight is different as compared to Premier Padmini, otherwise dimensionally both are same. 1100 delight handles have a unidirectional key whereas Padmini handles have unidirectional as well as bidirectional keys.

By the way in 1993, I reduced the stand out height of the outer handles to meet "external projections" CMVR. I don't think it came in production. I left the company in 1994.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
About the outer door handles, the profile of the outer handles push button on cars till President is also different. The delights and Presidents push button is subtle, less pointing in the end and more inline with the rest of the door handle assembly while Padmini's push button is slightly more pointed, and protruding out of the door handle assembly. The chrome finish on Delights and Presidents dulled out slightly but has that "made to last forever" touch which the Padminis lack.

Quote:
1100 delight handles have a unidirectional key whereas Padmini handles have unidirectional as well as bidirectional keys.
I am not sure about the earlier Asha make ones but door handles from Micro (The one with small originally silver but turns dull golden full metal key) which were original (from 88 till about 94) were not bidirectional. The after-market (and which was perhaps later on OE too though I am not sure on this) UNITY keys are bidirectional and now a days almost everyone is using them.

In the given photographs, the above key is Micro and the one below it is Unity. Please excuse me for the poor photograph quality as it was taken especially for this post.

Regards,
Adheesh Parelkar
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-image_055.jpg  

Last edited by adheesh : 31st March 2010 at 23:10.
adheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2010, 23:05   #105
Senior - BHPian

Thank you ALL! I will pick those parts tomorrow morning!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks