Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2010, 08:19   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Yes Manish. The one doom of yours is safe in Chethan's house. I will tell him to give it to Arun this Saturday.
Ahhh, A sign of relief. Thanks for the info. Need your expertise in finding Aluminium tail lights for my car (Select type or the delight type any thing will do).
Old 26th November 2010, 08:41   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sagar: Post some pics of the parts you have collected.

Today, Arun and me went to the scrapyard after long. We were lucky to find a Delight grill for 400rs and 2 "Made in England" headlamps for 150rs!
Karthik bhai can you be specific as to what parts are you referring to. If its about the recent haul then i got all light fittings (interior & exterior) for my S1. Do you want a pic of the same. Or is it about the parts procured from scrapyard?
Old 27th November 2010, 09:12   #213
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone identify as to which car do these sunvisors belong. I am not able to identify them. Do they belong to any model Fiat.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-sun-visors.jpg  

Old 28th December 2010, 12:28   #214
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!

One of our FCB member has a brand new Webber carburetor of FIAT for sale. Its a 'new' one and not a used carb.

Asking price is 4k.

Is it worth?
Old 29th December 2010, 15:42   #215
BHPian

Quote:
One of our FCB member has a brand new Webber carburetor of FIAT for sale. Its a 'new' one and not a used carb.

Asking price is 4k.

Is it worth?
The carb for my 62 FIAT 1100 WBF-1, seems to be all worn out and Bumpu is looking for a good used one here in Calcutta were Fiats have almost gone like the DoDo bird.

Would this Webber Carb be suitable for my car. Bumpu did a complete rebuild of the engine and put on a later model head with a free flow exhaust system. It has made such an improvement!
Old 24th March 2011, 20:14   #216
Senior - BHPian

Well its been along time since this thread was updated. Anyways here is my contribution. Visited the scrap market today and picked up the following parts:

New gen speedo with clock. Actually didn't have anything to do so opened it up and cleaned inside out.
Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-image0787.jpg
Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-image0789.jpg
Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-image0790.jpg
Stock S1 Degass tank with heater hose. (i am surprised to know that tank is fully made of brass)
Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-image0792.jpg
Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-image0793.jpg

Good old jalwa horns without the covers. Got it very cheap. Anybody helping me find spare katoras (dome) for the horn.
Just realized now i have 2 pairs in total

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-image0794.jpg
Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-image0795.jpg

Last edited by samsag12 : 24th March 2011 at 20:16.
Old 24th March 2011, 21:39   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Samsag12 - that cluster was officially known as "konkorde" (with a "k") and was made by yenkay. I am the designer of that great degassing tank. I have it on all my restored fiats. See an original Standard 2000. I have copied it from there. .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2011, 08:41   #218
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot sir for commenting on the pics. Regarding the meter i didn't knew that its name was Konkorde. There was one piece and had the inscription Konkorde instead of PAL on the face of the meter and i thought its some local one so picked the other one(same posted above). The Konkorde one was looking pretty decent with about 20K on the odo compared to the other one which i picked up (odo 70k) Guess i will exchange with the other one as this one has faded needles and scratched glass.
Is there any way to check the meter and its led lights without fitting it on the car. I have supplied 12v power to each socket pin but apart from the parking brake warning light and meter's back light nothing seems to work. Do shed some light on this.

PS: i think this is the tank you are talking about Dhabhar sir.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-dsc05598.jpg  

Last edited by samsag12 : 25th March 2011 at 08:57.
Old 25th March 2011, 09:12   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Is there any way to check the meter and its led lights without fitting it on the car. I have supplied 12v power to each socket pin but apart from the parking brake warning light and meter's back light nothing seems to work. Do shed some light on this.
Hi Sagar,
It is easy to check the LEDs on the instrument cluster. You have to connect the -ve to any metallic part on the back side of the cluster. Probably the screws on the back side would be the best place. Now connect the +ve of battery to one pin after the other. Be warned as the connector also has the ground terminal, so you might see a spark while it is shorted with the -ve. Tests pin after pin by momentarily connecting and checking for the LED to glow. If things seems ok, then you may keep it longer and admire it. While you had opened the cluster for cleaning, you could have tested the clock in isolation.
Behram Sir,
Please let me know how the instrument cluster in my 1995 AC 118NE could be accessed. I had a tough time in replacing the illumination lamps in the cluster. Once my hand got stuck in between .

Last edited by ilangop : 25th March 2011 at 09:13.
Old 25th March 2011, 11:25   #220
BHPian

Hi All!

Do we have 118 NE Intruction book and service manual in soft copy at any link / website? Request all for sharing the link.

@Ilangop: After a lot of discussion with Father, I have finally decided not to pick that Vijay. If anyone is intrested, it would be a very good buy. Sorry for all the time and trouble I caused you for this. :(

Cheers!
Old 25th March 2011, 20:10   #221
Senior - BHPian

Ilango thanks for the solution to check the meter. I have followed the same method but apart from a couple of lights nothing came alive. So i guess the meter is not functioning and will need to be changed.
I checked the clock in isolation when i took the meter apart and it was working fine so no issues with that. Just the leds aren't working.
Old 20th April 2011, 18:58   #222
Senior - BHPian

Further contribution from my side.

Recently got hold of this hard to find grill which was incidentally fitted on the PP S1. Also got hold of many original S1 parts & salvaged the original upholstery(which surprisingly was in good condition) from the car.

The grill had some visible damage, can be seen in the last 2 pics, which i remodeled using epoxy compound and the finish is yet to be finalized.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-image0820.jpg  

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-image0821.jpg  

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-image0818.jpg  

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-image0819.jpg  

Old 6th May 2011, 16:47   #223
BHPian

I'm looking for the wheel caps and tail lights for my fiat select.Any leads?

I have bought two original meters and tried to repair them ,but in vain.Can anybody inform about a source to get them repaired?

Thanks
Old 6th May 2011, 20:36   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjeevkanjoor View Post
I'm looking for the wheel caps and tail lights for my fiat select.Any leads?

I have bought two original meters and tried to repair them ,but in vain.Can anybody inform about a source to get them repaired?

Thanks
Almost every senior repairer in bangalore is able to do the job, i got it done from Sony meter works CMH road, suggested by Pawan, he did a good job.
Old 7th May 2011, 20:36   #225
Senior - BHPian

Recently located a TVS autolec water pump assembly in a shop. Asking price is 550Rs. Don't have any immediate requirement for the same but was eager to know whats the status of its availability and should i pick it up or not.
I hope that Padmini and S1 share the same water pump design without any alteration.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks