Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2012, 18:22   #271

Re: Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Further contribution from my side.

Recently got hold of this hard to find grill which was incidentally fitted on the PP S1. Also got hold of many original S1 parts & salvaged the original upholstery(which surprisingly was in good condition) from the car.

The grill had some visible damage, can be seen in the last 2 pics, which i remodeled using epoxy compound and the finish is yet to be finalized.
Do you still have this grill. I am in need of. The one I have is chromed plastic minus the chrome. It doesn't look good. This is nice looking.
Old 9th February 2012, 18:24   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee Frankie View Post
When you find out about a source for Rolon timing chain, please share details. Thanks!
Will surely do so. BTW would love to see some detailed pics of your car.
PS: did you changed your TBHP handle
samsag12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 18:41   #273

Quote:
Will surely do so. BTW would love to see some detailed pics of your car.
PS: did you changed your TBHP handle
Here are a few. Under the bonnet is NOT camera ready! ha! But she runs and has been well cared for which is the best blessing for a newly acquired old car. I have a long sort out list and I really appreciating going back though your and everyone elses posts on this thread. It appears we have same color...'Cosmic'?
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-020512170900.jpg  

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-5_photo0252.jpg  

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-020712102401.jpg  

Yankee Frankie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 13:40   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Here are a few. Under the bonnet is NOT camera ready! ha! But she runs and has been well cared for which is the best blessing for a newly acquired old car. I have a long sort out list and I really appreciating going back though your and everyone elses posts on this thread. It appears we have same color...'Cosmic'?
Congrats. So you got the original PAL wheel cups in the front atlast. In the pic from your other thread you had the tri-star wheel cups. Do let me know if you are looking for that missing right-side number-plate light holder. I just got a set last month from a shop here in Cochin.

BTW, is that petrol or diesel?

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 11th February 2012 at 13:42. Reason: spelling mistake.
Old 11th February 2012, 16:05   #275

DWF AMAZING! I have my parts guy scouring Chennai part yards for that number plate light holder. Yeah, let me know your price and we'll do the deal. It's a petrol. Yes, I was happy to see at least two original wheel caps. It's a petrol. There was a very nice car show on Elliot's Beach, Besant Nagar this morning. The cop was waiving us on to the car line up...and my son and I looked at each other and said...Naaaah. Not yet, this little PAL has some more work to be done before she's ready for the ball. But there were some really nice Fiats there. My friend was supposed to bring his Topollino, but I guess that old girl wasn't up for it and she didn't start this AM.
Old 12th February 2012, 10:38   #276
BHPian

Quote:
DWF AMAZING! I have my parts guy scouring Chennai part yards for that number plate light holder. Yeah, let me know your price and we'll do the deal. It's a petrol. Yes, I was happy to see at least two original wheel caps. It's a petrol.

My friend was supposed to bring his Topollino, but I guess that old girl wasn't up for it and she didn't start this AM.
No problem YF, that shop is not open on Sundays. I will call them tomorrow and let you know if they still have a set stock (They should). It costs only less than 200 bucks for a set(right and left). Will update here/PM you tomorrow. Let me know if you want me to check anything else with them.

P.S:- Please let me know before tomorrow afternoon since I will leave for Trivandrum the day after tomorrow early morning and will be back only next week

BTW, Good to hear that your friend has a Topolina. Have you driven it? How is it.

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 12th February 2012 at 10:40.
Old 12th February 2012, 11:48   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more classic Fiat parts left with me, available to a good home!

Sorry some of these are mobile pics.!

The wiper motor I remember was from a select.

The steering box with column is from a '57 Elegant. Works but needs an overhaul/greasing etc.

Note: No offence meant but I would prefer these (esp. the cosmetic bits) to go only to people who have the relevant cars, sorry!

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-photo0017.jpg

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-photo0018.jpg

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-photo0027.jpg

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-img_0432.jpg

Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-img_0433.jpg

Last edited by Stanher : 12th February 2012 at 11:49.
Stanher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 19:41   #278
Senior - BHPian

You surely did stock hell lot of Fiat parts. Glad that you are parting with it which will help many Fiatians . Just a suggestion, would have been great if you could have posted it on the Vintage and Classic car parts info thread & stated an indicative price too .
Old 12th February 2012, 21:45   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Some more classic Fiat parts left with me, available to a good home!

Sorry some of these are mobile pics.!

The wiper motor I remember was from a select.

The steering box with column is from a '57 Elegant. Works but needs an overhaul/greasing etc.

Note: No offence meant but I would prefer these (esp. the cosmetic bits) to go only to people who have the relevant cars, sorry!

Attachment 886464

Attachment 886465

Attachment 886466

Attachment 886467

Attachment 886468
Do you have the Bakelite speedometer surround with Intact Mounting holes. I need that for a long time. Also can you give me that "FIAT1100" Badge.
Old 12th February 2012, 22:58   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You surely did stock hell lot of Fiat parts. Glad that you are parting with it which will help many Fiatians . Just a suggestion, would have been great if you could have posted it on the Vintage and Classic car parts info thread & stated an indicative price too .
Well I thought this thread is more relevant and it would get more attention here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Do you have the Bakelite speedometer surround with Intact Mounting holes. I need that for a long time. Also can you give me that "FIAT1100" Badge.
You mean for the select? I think there is one around, but it has a crack on one end. 'will still check it out in detail and let you know.
And yes you can have the badge! It has 1 out of 3 mounting screws (on the extreme left end) broken but can still fit.
Old 13th February 2012, 11:02   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You mean for the select? I think there is one around, but it has a crack on one end. 'will still check it out in detail and let you know.
And yes you can have the badge! It has 1 out of 3 mounting screws (on the extreme left end) broken but can still fit.
I will take the badge as is, no issues . I have 2 meter surrounds - one from my car and the other you / shiva gave me. The issue is they both have their corners broken, devoiding them from mounting holes.
Old 13th February 2012, 14:04   #282

DWF, yes all I need is the pair of plate lights. That's great. Let me know how we should transact. Frank

Stanher, I'll take the 1100d, the holes are still there from where one may have been originally so it should be an easy bolt on. Let me also look at my dash and whether the chrome plate would fit.

Mod team note: Back to back post, please use EDIT once the posts are approved. Thanks

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th February 2012 at 14:28. Reason: Back to back post, please use EDIT once the posts are approved. Thank
Old 13th February 2012, 23:04   #283
BHPian

Quote:
DWF, yes all I need is the pair of plate lights. That's great. Let me know how we should transact. Frank
I called them up and the holder is still available and I have asked them to set one aside since I am out-of-station now and will be back only next week. :( Sorry about that.

I have asked my Dad, to please go there when he get some spare time before I come back (told him its for a T-BHP Fiat friend ).

Its costs less than Rs.200/-. I can PM/e-mail you my account number(SBT, ICICI, HDFC) after I buy it, if are okay with transacting such a small amount.

In the meantime, let me share a pic of my S1.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-pp.jpg  

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 13th February 2012 at 23:07.
DudeWithaFiat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 23:34   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Stanher, I'll take the 1100d, the holes are still there from where one may have been originally so it should be an easy bolt on. Let me also look at my dash and whether the chrome plate would fit.
You mean to say your car (in your avtaar) is actually a 1100D turned padmini??

Whoa! She sure has a long way to go back to OHH REE GEE NAL then..but the badge is a great start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Its costs less than Rs.200/-. I can PM/e-mail you my account number(SBT, ICICI, HDFC) after I buy it, if are okay with transacting such a small amount.
Guys, I'd suggest you go with METAL numberplate lights only. You should still find them on fiats being scrapped. If these new are plastic ones, better avoided. They will break the same way as the one on your car has! Total crap, denoting the last days of quality with PAL. So are the chrome coloured plastic tail-lamps.
Old 13th February 2012, 23:44   #285
BHPian

Quote:

Guys, I'd suggest you go with METAL numberplate lights only. You should still find them on fiats being scrapped. If these new are plastic ones, better avoided. They will break the same way as the one on your car has!
Yup. They are plastic ones. Well, its better to have atleast that than not having any which don't look really good.

YF, let me know if you are okay with the plastic ones

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks