Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2012, 22:17   #301
BHPian

Re: Fiat 1100 "Family" -1962 -Technical, Photos & Information

For all my my friends on this forum who own Fiats, do check this link out.

http://http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ims1205/m.html?hash=item4d0194bcc2&item=330739006658&pt=UK _CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&rt=nc&_trksid=p434 0.l2562

From what I've gathered after going through the Fiat threads, this store on Ebay UK seems to have some pretty good stuff for Fiats from the 50s onwards. I stumbled upon it on a hunt for Merc parts which the same seller also has. The prices look extremely reasonable and some stuff being NOS should be good quality too. I am in no way connected with the seller of this store and have never used them in the past. Just thought it may help some of you.

Regards
mbz180
mbz180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2012, 11:55   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz180 View Post
Thanks for sharing, though I don't see a single item useful for 1100s. Couple of 500 parts though.
Old 2nd June 2012, 13:18   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Thanks for sharing, though I don't see a single item useful for 1100s. Couple of 500 parts though.
But I thought some of the hub caps were suited for the early Millicentos? Sorry, don't know much about classic Fiats but the hub caps did seem very familiar to me but then obviously I'm wrong. But see the 2nd page, a lot of familiar (to me) hub caps and a couple of door handles. See all the pages.

Last edited by mbz180 : 2nd June 2012 at 13:23.
Old 2nd June 2012, 13:35   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbz180 View Post
But I thought some of the hub caps were suited for the early Millicentos? Sorry, don't know much about classic Fiats but the hub caps did seem very familiar to me but then obviously I'm wrong. But see the 2nd page, a lot of familiar (to me) hub caps and a couple of door handles. See all the pages.
Handles are similar looking, but correct for 600s and 850s maybe. Ditto for hubcaps. Plus some hubcaps for 1100R and other imported models, none seem correct for Indian cars. But enjoyed ogling at them either ways!
Old 13th March 2013, 14:16   #305

Re: Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!

Hi, I am looking for a pair of orange, round aluminium-metal round side marker lights for my 1973 Premier President. Would be glad to know if any of the Fiat 1100 fans would have them. The ones on this car are broken with just the base in place.
Old 15th March 2013, 09:51   #306

Hi,

Once again appeal Fiat 1100/Premier President/Premier Padmini fans and loyalists to help me get a set of round side indicators for my 1973 Premier President. I am inserting here an image of the one of the broken units.

Regards
Dhairyasheel
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat 1100 / Premier Padmini - Parts to Stock for FUTURE!-premier-president-side-indicator-broken.jpg  

Old 17th April 2013, 14:24   #307
BHPian

Help needed

hi guys,
I was successful in acquiring a padmini S1 with the nissan gear box and a factory fitted A/C.
I want to make the car as reliable as possible.
i would be starting a restoration thread soon but i wanted your inputs regarding parts.
My mechanic had a look at the car and said the engine was fine.
He said the breaks are almost gone.
Could you guys suggest the parts i should replace / repair?
Are beadings still available? if not, where should i look?
What new parts will i get and what parts must i scavenge for at kurla/ koliwada/ chor baazar?
My primary concern is the breaks as someone put it in my head that the padmini breaks are not reliable. Cosmetic restoration is not that much of a problem as i know a very skilled tinker and painter.
Please advice me guys
Old 18th April 2013, 08:32   #308
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear HimuraKenshin - please PM me your contact number, as you are in Mumbai, we can meet, I'll guide you in totality on what to do and what not to do.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 18th April 2013, 20:40   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear HimuraKenshin - please PM me your contact number, as you are in Mumbai, we can meet, I'll guide you in totality on what to do and what not to do.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Mr. Dhabhar,
i have sent you my contact details via a PM. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Old 30th August 2013, 23:48   #310
Senior - BHPian

Couple of Premier President parts are available for sale, anyone who's interested can PM or mail me at fiat1100clublucknow@gmail.com

President Meter unit (with intact temperature wire & bulb)
Complete set of 1 Pc Metal Ash tray (fitted on the back of front seat)

Have some more President/Padmini parts which I'll list here once I check their condition.
samsag12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 20:14   #311
BHPian

I was searching some material for my Premier Padmini. While checking the stock with the distributor in kolkata, who is now more into Tata spare parts, showed me 6 nos Original unused Solex Pump type Carburetor.

I have picked up 1 for myself although at an astronomical figure of @5500.00, if any of you need do let me know. I bought one Yankey original complete meter unit for my car, although my unit is still working without any problem.

The dealer has many original material which were lying with him. There are couple of items which are probably priceless today, however they are still available.
dip27in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 21:20   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dip27in View Post
I was searching some material for my Premier Padmini. While checking the stock with the distributor in kolkata, who is now more into Tata spare parts, showed me 6 nos Original unused Solex Pump type Carburetor.

I have picked up 1 for myself although at an astronomical figure of @5500.00, if any of you need do let me know. I bought one Yankey original complete meter unit for my car, although my unit is still working without any problem.

The dealer has many original material which were lying with him. There are couple of items which are probably priceless today, however they are still available.
Hi Mr. Dip27

Does this distributor have any spares or parts for the " 1955 FIAT 1100 103 MILLECENTO"? If he does have ANY stuff please call me on my cell 09994078668.

I am restoring my Mille and would definitely want to store parts for that matter any parts that I come across.

Please call me if you find any. Thanks.
Old 15th October 2013, 21:58   #313
BHPian

@ Drkannant,

Sir I saw some Parts pertaining to Milicento, like original wiper arms, Metal water Nozzles, blade and couple of wheel bearings, Oil Filter, Fuse box. Once again all these parts only surfaced, while I was going through various parts suitable for my car.

I will let you know after I get a complete list of materials he has.

Regards,
dip27in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2013, 22:11   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dip27in View Post
@ Drkannant,

Sir I saw some Parts pertaining to Milicento, like original wiper arms, Metal water Nozzles, blade and couple of wheel bearings, Oil Filter, Fuse box. Once again all these parts only surfaced, while I was going through various parts suitable for my car.

I will let you know after I get a complete list of materials he has.

Regards,
Hi Dip27,

Thats wonderful, please get me the wiper arms and blades along with the wiper arm link. This was one stuff that i was hunting frantically for the last 2 months. please take it for me. Also please pick up metal water nozzle and fan blade. Let me know of the other stuffs also when you find them

Please post the pictures of them if possible to my mail ID drkannant@gmail.com

Feel free to call me anytime. Thanks a ton and i really appreciate it.
Old 15th October 2013, 22:18   #315
BHPian

@Drkannant,

Sir, I will request you to mail me ( debdeep27@gmail.com) your entire list in an excel sheet. I will forward the same to the distributor. He might take 5 to 7 days to locate and quote. I will try to arrange some photographs from him, if he allows me to click before purchase.

In case if you know someone in kolkata, he can also inspect the material on your behalf. I will you patch you up with him for the cost and further process by which the parts can be couriered to you.

Regards,
dip27in is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed