Team-BHP - Pics: A 1957 Volkswagen Beetle Cabriorlet.. Painted by kids
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Post-War (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/)
-   -   Pics: A 1957 Volkswagen Beetle Cabriorlet.. Painted by kids (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-war/79018-pics-1957-volkswagen-beetle-cabriorlet-painted-kids.html)

Here is something unique. A group of 15 kids all ages between 5 to 7 years have painted this 1957 Bug Cabriolet in commemoration of the 150th Anniversary of their school The Cathedral & John Connon School in Mumbai. I must admit i'm quite impressed with the effort of these youngsters. What do the vintage lovers think?

Pics courtesy: A dear friend whose kids were also part of this activity.

Pics: A 1957 Volkswagen Beetle Cabriorlet.. Painted by kids-bug-13.jpg

Pics: A 1957 Volkswagen Beetle Cabriorlet.. Painted by kids-bug-14.jpg

Pics: A 1957 Volkswagen Beetle Cabriorlet.. Painted by kids-bug-19.jpg

Pics: A 1957 Volkswagen Beetle Cabriorlet.. Painted by kids-bug-20.jpg

Pics: A 1957 Volkswagen Beetle Cabriorlet.. Painted by kids-bug-21.jpg

Pics: A 1957 Volkswagen Beetle Cabriorlet.. Painted by kids-bug-23.jpg

Superbly Beautiful.
Wish we had even 1% innocence & creativity of these children.
Barham & Wilson!! CUTE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1823503)
Here is something unique. A group of 15 kids all ages between 5 to 7 years have painted this 1957 Bug Cabriolet in commemoration of the 150th Anniversary of their school The Cathedral & John Connon School in Mumbai. I must admit i'm quite impressed with the effort of these youngsters. What do the vintage lovers think?

Pics courtesy: A dear friend whose kids were also part of this activity.

Who is the owner of this car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1823503)
Here is something unique. A group of 15 kids all ages between 5 to 7 years have painted this 1957 Bug Cabriolet in commemoration of the 150th Anniversary of their school The Cathedral & John Connon School in Mumbai.

This is a rare Oval window cabrio, earlier red. It can be seen more recently in a Fanta ad I think. Probably the oldest VW cabrio around.

A hardtop might have had greater impact for this purpose I'd think. How long will it remain in this combo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 1823584)
This is a rare Oval window cabrio, earlier red. It can be seen more recently in a Fanta ad I think. Probably the oldest VW cabrio around.

A hardtop might have had greater impact for this purpose I'd think. How long will it remain in this combo?

It is from the Fanta ad, chk out the wheels. They still have the orange colour. I think I know who this belongs to:)

Quote:

Yes Karl you are right. It is the oldest VW Bug cabrio in the country today. Didnt know it was in the Fanta ad though :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 1823676)
Yes Karl you are right. It is the oldest VW Bug cabrio in the country today. Didnt know it was in the Fanta ad though :)

I think it has been seen in a couple of other ads too, in red (orange in Fanta).

For those who dig psychadelic paintjobs on classic VWs, check out this month's BSMotoring magazine for a feature on a Baywindow hippybus.

Is this the same car?

Note from Mod - picture removed on owner's request.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandomUsername (Post 1823793)
Is this the same car?

Spot on. There are more pictures in the Volkswagens in India thread too.

Wow, Nice car, though nothing much of originality is left on it, but still as everyone says, this might be one of the oldest cabrio around.

What a fantastic job of paint done by the kids,(Are you sure Dippy that the age group is correct) It cant be 5-7 yr old kids.

I hope the paint job is reversible. :)

Quote:

Yes, this is The oldest cabriolet in India. It was RED till very recent... and was in the Fanta add too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1823854)
Wow, Nice car, though nothing much of originality is left on it, but still as everyone says, this might be one of the oldest cabrio around.

What a fantastic job of paint done by the kids,(Are you sure Dippy that the age group is correct) It cant be 5-7 yr old kids.

I hope the paint job is reversible. :)

Yes, the kids were all in the age group of 5-7 years.... but they had their art sir to assist them....

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1823854)
Wow, Nice car, though nothing much of originality is left on it.

Could you educate us some more on that statement, please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by beetledesai (Post 1824065)
Yes, this is The oldest cabriolet in India. It was RED till very recent... and was in the Fanta add too.

Welcome aboard bhai. I am guesing this is A.D. I saw the pics on you gallery in FB and was just about to ask Dippy if he has permission and you are here. Are you planning to bring her for the Rally. It would be breat to see both your Beetles there. Congratulate both the kids for a fabulous job done. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by beetledesai (Post 1824073)
Yes, the kids were all in the age group of 5-7 years.... but they had their art sir to assist them....

Thats sweet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prabal (Post 1824380)
Could you educate us some more on that statement, please?

Not being too picky, very simple to anyone's eye, the Body chrome beadings are a straight lift from the Fiat.

Lets leave that and enjoy the fine art on that car.:)