Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2010, 10:24   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Hello Guys,

The latest one was on the last week-end. Somewhere near Dhaid, Eastern Region of UAE on Dubia Dhaid Road I came up on the attached spectacle, which I am sure is a feast to the Landy owners!
Well well! This is a feast to not only Landy enthusiasts, but 4X4 enthusiasts in general. To the extreme right of the lineup is what looks like a well restored Dodge Power Wagon. Next to it is a Wolf, the army version of the LR. Can also see a 60's FJ45 pickup and a WW2 Jeep.

Land Rovers are present in all shapes and sizes. Series IIs and IIIs in all chassis sizes and body styles. Only the Series I perched atop the iron column is a heart burn.

Last edited by predatorwheelz : 1st August 2010 at 10:27.
Old 8th August 2010, 12:53   #92
BHPian

This thread is truly a blessing for newbies who are in Love with Land Rovers. I got around this thread yesterday and spent a good amount of thread reading through it. My wishes to everybody who owns these Magnificent machines. Hats off to your love and dedication for your prized possessions. Like many other Land Rover fans I too hope to own and care for a Landy sometime in Future. I thank you all for sharing your experiences and information with us.
Old 8th August 2010, 20:04   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_maniac View Post
Like many other Land Rover fans I too hope to own and care for a Landy sometime in Future.
Welcome to the group.
I am also a looking for a Landy, hope to find this beauty some day soon.Amen
Old 21st August 2010, 00:30   #94
Senior - BHPian

On Independence day, a local news channel showed some Landys' from Darjeeling as part of the British connection. I shot them from the TV so bear with the quality.

Name:  Photo0053.jpg
Views: 1921
Size:  107.3 KB

Land Rover support group!-photo0055.jpg

Land Rover support group!-photo0056.jpg

Land Rover support group!-photo0058.jpg

Land Rover support group!-photo0059.jpg

Land Rover support group!-photo0060.jpg

Land Rover support group!-photo0061.jpg
Old 25th August 2010, 21:44   #95

Hi everyone,

Great to see this post being started. Thanks to Sudarshan Sir! I was a bit desperate to find Land lovers over here and i'm glad to see the community taking shape.
I'd like to thank Polly, Harjeev and Abhishek for their valuable help to find parts. I own a 1973 109 Station Wagon found in Delhi. It's my sixth Land Rover.
I still struggling to find a truthworthy bodyshop around Delhi/Gurgaon that can tackle body restoration and paint. If any recommendation, please let me know.
Part wise, got most of mine for Rastogi Motors at Khasmere Gate. A lot of stuffs available, locally made parts.

Looking forward to seeing you around
Attached Thumbnails
Land Rover support group!-img_7759.jpg  

Land Rover support group!-img_7650.jpg  

Old 27th August 2010, 22:11   #96
BHPian

[quote=amit V8;On Independence day, a local news channel showed some Landys' from Darjeeling as part of the British connection. I shot them from the TV so bear with the quality.]

Thanks for photos! I would have loved to watch it,
It would be great to find the video clip on the net.

Thanks to Sudarshan for starting this thread, the Land Rover community is increasing and we have seen amazing photos & information posted on this fourm.
we are posting a lot of general information about Landys on this thread though it is titled "Land Rover support group", which i understand is a technical support group. Can we contiune to post stuff about land rovers without being flagged ?... maybe Sudarshan can answer.
Old 28th August 2010, 09:22   #97
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by invinci View Post
we are posting a lot of general information about Landys on this thread though it is titled "Land Rover support group", which i understand is a technical support group. Can we contiune to post stuff about land rovers without being flagged ?... maybe Sudarshan can answer.
Oh comeon man ,dont even think like that .
Had it been a fun without those Photos? Are we here to read Engineering text books on net ?

But since you have asked ,you have given me an excuse to explain myself more .Well the answer is very long ,but I am going to make it small.

First of all I am not an engineer/tech guy. Its just the Auto BUG that has bitten me since I remember ,so dont expect something from me, from that angle.I just try to share what I learned the hard way,& thrugh practical applications and with some experimentations ( dont ask how many went horribly wrong )

I dont even have a Auto background in my family , My father a prominent coaching class teacher at one time finally became a mla, he once drove his scooter to Lonavala & back ( 60 +60 km ) & that was enough for him for the life time. we run a marriage hall here & am a Caterer, I had worked in IT as a caterer also .

So my point is one can take interest in his own liking ,take call of his OWN self & do whatever pleases him. You dont need to have a background for that . This is only to share & share Joy, to help others so that they will enjoy their hobby .

As you have asked technical support is must but there shuld be something Interesting , those photos have provided a stress relief for me & I value that

I request you to have a look again on few posts in this thread & tell me what you feel, thease are as follows ( I am not readly quoting them as it will consume more space on forum )
1) post # 1,3 & 16
2) post # 18, my reply to Silverwood
3) post # 21, my reply to Prithvi
4) post # 24 & 26 my reply to Prabal
5) Just have a look on the face of 4x4er in photos post # 9 see the expression see how much he is enjoying everything
6) post # 39
7) posts # 54,58 What story do they tell ?
8) post #63
9) post # 80
10) post # 90 Ram nair's
11) Post # 84 see how much 4x4er is enjoying everything

this thread would have been worth less without those photos & inputs

Tell me about your contribution , what exactly you were feeling inside while sharing those Darren Gap photos ? Thats the spirit of Sharing Joy & redistributing it among brothers .

That is why I am here , Thanks Team Bhp for giving me some space I will try to return this favour to you people someday

Yours Sudarshan
Old 28th August 2010, 11:59   #98
BHPian

hey 4X4 er
heres a pic of that Rover raised logo on the retrofitted 2.25 Diesel and the #-906736507C which ive managed to get put on the RC. So what year does that make it ?
regards
Polly
Attached Thumbnails
Land Rover support group!-img_8413.jpg  

Land Rover support group!-img_8405.jpg  

Old 29th August 2010, 02:07   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan View Post
Oh comeon man ,dont even think like that .
Had it been a fun without those Photos? Are we here to read Engineering text books on net ?
Yours Sudarshan
Thank you Sudarshan,

That means you wouldn’t mind my indulgence !

Yes, I agree with you totally, It would be boring to limit the thread to techical support only, and i would love that this thread becomes the hub of Land Rover enthusiasts and in the process ignite the interest of those new to Land Rovers.

I only wanted you to clear the air about the thread title so that Team-BHPians would not hesitate to post for the fear of being labelled . I hope now we can see more and more interesting posts.

regards

- Invinci
Old 4th September 2010, 21:44   #100
BHPian

LAND ROVER ADVENTURE - First Overland - London To Singapore

In 1955, six young adventurers fresh out of Cambridge and Oxford University decided to drive from London to Singapore. This wasn't a quick journey from point A to point B, because guess what? This had never been done before! Land Rover 4x4s were required for this incredible trek, which took them through Western and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, Persia, Asia and South East Asia. Some of the routes were thought to be impassable, such as the famous Stilwell Road in Burma, which had not been used since World War II. The video above shows never before seen footage in color

- The five surviving members of the First Overland Expedition reunited in Singapore recently to celebrate the 50th anniversary of First Overland. On March 4th 2006 these adventurers joined Land Rover enthusiasts from all over the world to recreate the last leg of their legendary journey, traveling 350km from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore.

below is the link to the video of the 1955 expedition, I have also tried to embed the video.

Enjoy!

- Invinci

Dailymotion - De Londres à Singapour en Land Rover - une vidéo Auto et Moto

<object width="480" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy460_de-londres-a-singapour-en-land-rove_auto">De Londres &agrave; Singapour en Land Rover</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/in/channel/auto">Watch auto videos</a></i>
Old 5th September 2010, 08:44   #101
BHPian

fantastic !!! thanx for that video Invinci, Why cant a couple of Vintage Land Rovers do the Jammu-Sri nagar-Leh-Manali trip some day ?????
Polly
Old 5th September 2010, 09:36   #102
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly Singh View Post
fantastic !!! thanx for that video Invinci, Why cant a couple of Vintage Land Rovers do the Jammu-Sri nagar-Leh-Manali trip some day ?????
Polly
+ my 1 to this .

Polyji I forgot to mention you & your story of restoration in my reply to invici ( post #97 ) sorry for that .

joy of life can be achived in simple things , thanks Invinci for letting us know about this great film & journey .

Sudarshan
Old 5th September 2010, 16:50   #103
BHPian

Quote:
fantastic !!! thanx for that video Invinci
The pleasure is all mine!

Quote:
Why cant a couple of Vintage Land Rovers do the Jammu-Sri nagar-Leh-Manali trip some day ?????
Why not? I have a Series I , tell me when you are ready to rock!

If you plan a trip I think there will be a whole convoy of Landy willing to join us.

How about a Trans Himalayan Expedetion from Leh, Manali through Nepal, darjeeling, sikkhim, assam to burma border. Hmmm This idea is too outlandish now, maybe in distant future.
Old 8th September 2010, 09:31   #104
BHPian

Sos

Hey guys sorry to break the thread with a new topic.....
Just got back to bangalore from periyaar forest reserve in kerala...had an awesome time with landy...but alas the last 150 km from blore...had an acciDENT :(. tried to overtake a truck from the right side after the necessary honking and all clear sign from the truck, at the last moment the bugger cut right and all i could do was break and duck further right, which was right on top of the median thankGOd a landy can manage that with ease,if not it could have been serious.
Damage reportamage to the left side wing, with a dent and 2 gash. The dent i can remove by normal tapping method from, but the 2 gashes look nasty and i think will leave a scar(Battle Scar

So does anyone have any ideas of Dos n Don't of Aluminium tinkering and painting??Does anyone know of this stuff being done in bangalore?
Cheers n Thanks.
Old 8th September 2010, 14:01   #105
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adishell View Post
Hey guys sorry to break the thread with a new topic.....
Just got back to bangalore from periyaar forest reserve in kerala...had an awesome time with landy...but alas the last 150 km from blore...had an acciDENT :(. tried to overtake a truck from the right side after the necessary honking and all clear sign from the truck, at the last moment the bugger cut right and all i could do was break and duck further right, which was right on top of the median thankGOd a landy can manage that with ease,if not it could have been serious.
Damage reportamage to the left side wing, with a dent and 2 gash. The dent i can remove by normal tapping method from, but the 2 gashes look nasty and i think will leave a scar(Battle Scar

So does anyone have any ideas of Dos n Don't of Aluminium tinkering and painting??Does anyone know of this stuff being done in bangalore?
Cheers n Thanks.
Can you send a Pic of that scar ?
Also few people know about aluminium tinkering ,IT IS tricky .So I will suggest you to do the tinkering to minimum & complete the job with Fillers.Thease are available in various qualities .

but some pictures please .

Sudarshan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks