Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2010, 19:12   #16
BHPian

Lovely bike, Stanher, my friend, take your time and I know you
will do a wonderful job of restoration !
Old 27th April 2010, 22:08   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dussey View Post
Lovely bike, Stanher, my friend, take your time and I know you will do a wonderful job of restoration !
Thanks Srivardhan! How is your scooter coming up btw?
Old 27th April 2010, 22:16   #18
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this thread.. Ooh Shyam, what a find - congrats man !
So much originality. The Headlight lens looks terrifc !
The number plate is Black ! Nice alphabets actually. If you intend making a new one, please preserve this one for posterity. (I know I don't have to tell YOU that !! )
Good luck, enjoy the Lammy !
Old 28th April 2010, 00:39   #19
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Shyam. Yes Michael was asking 6000/- for LD which was in Red and white colour without a stepney. If my memory is good it had some badge at the place where you have horn. I'm not sure may be age is catching upon me.

You will always find me ready until and unless some un fore seen circumstances to help you brother. With this I remember when shall we start the project which we were discussed over the phone.
Old 28th April 2010, 10:53   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
With this I remember when shall we start the project which we were discussed over the phone.
Great Spirit Bala that you are helping Shyam as this is going to be one costly restoration just from the fact that he has spent just Rs.1 Lakh on purchasing the Lammy.
This is true Team Bhpian Spirit.
Old 28th April 2010, 11:13   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSelect View Post
what a find - congrats man !
So much originality. The Headlight lens looks terrifc !
The number plate is Black ! Nice alphabets actually. If you intend making a new one, please preserve this one for posterity.
(I know I don't have to tell YOU that !! )
Thanks ravi!
Yes, about the numberplate- it sure is precious! I intend to preserve it the same way, not even going to paint it white or anything. I also intend to get metal plates from the UK to be fixed on the sides of the mudguard (when I can afford to!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Great Spirit Bala that you are helping Shyam as this is going to be one costly restoration just from the fact that he has spent just Rs.1 Lakh on purchasing the Lammy.
Uh, ram, bala didnt mean this project when he said he would be helping me out! It is regarding a plan for another project I've had in mind!
Old 28th April 2010, 12:06   #22
BHPian

Hey Shyam aren't you enjoying it now - I told you every nut and bolt on this machine is original except for some parts which the owner perhaps never found as a replacement or were too expensive for him to replace when worn out.

This is a treasure and has to be kept like one.

Enjoy it - Dont get it done from a mechanic who does not understand LDs - Be warned - LD engines are not as straightforward as LI150, specially when there are parts showing wear and tear - If you mix and match you will get funny sounds and not so great results.

Enjoy the scoot my friend and all that comes with it!

Cheers !
Old 28th April 2010, 18:06   #23
BHPian

Congrats Shyam. Thats one helluva scooter.
Old 28th April 2010, 21:20   #24
BHPian

Nice scooter! Congrats!
Old 28th April 2010, 22:58   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
this is going to be one costly restoration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanher View Post
Uh, ram, bala didnt mean this project when he said he would be helping me out! It is regarding a plan for another project I've had in mind!
Also forgot to add in my above reply- ram, as I already did mention- I'm NOT technically restoring the scoot as of now. Mainly, as you say, it would turn out to be a costly one. Plus I'm particular about getting it done by the right people. So I intend to keep the scoot as it is, and I repeat- it will be worked on only MECHANICALLY for the time-being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA7VA5 View Post
Hey Shyam I told you every nut and bolt on this machine is original except for some parts which the owner perhaps never found as a replacement or were too expensive for him to replace when worn out.

This is a treasure and has to be kept like one.

Dont get it done from a mechanic who does not understand LDs - Be warned - LD engines are not as straightforward as LI150, specially when there are parts showing wear and tear - If you mix and match you will get funny sounds and not so great results.
I sure intend to watch over any work done on this scooter carefully. I'm considering having the mech. I was told about to first come down and have a look at the engine. If it can be just started at present, I'll go ahead with it. If not, only after my exams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Congrats Shyam. Thats one helluva scooter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidman View Post
Nice scooter! Congrats!
Thanks guys! May you also get one!
Old 30th April 2010, 01:09   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is true Team Bhpian Spirit.
Thanks Ram. Bala is there to help, rescue any bike/car enthusiasts. Yes I need to confess I am unavailable or unable sometime (Shyam wanted my jeep to get that baby. My boy (willie) was out at a body shop. Sorry again Shyam.

My heart wants all the Automobiles of mine to be shining, sparkling and I love to help people who love this however the stomach below my heart says buddy you need to work to get what your heart wants. I respect and get going to office even though I want to spend all day at the garages. My spirt is still burning strong I squeeze out saturday from the week and do automobile masti.

Last edited by chanu : 30th April 2010 at 01:10.
Old 1st May 2010, 22:01   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Beginning some work...!

Hi all,

Finally begin some cleaning-up on my LD the other day!

'fitted an original NOS 'INNOCENTI' horncast badge that I bought on ebay. Sure changes the look of the scoot!

Next sprayed WD-40 on all the tarnished chrome parts and cables, nuts, bolts etc. that I could see.

Then got around to giving some leather treatment to the seats, which apparently didn't get any kind of pampering since ages.

Then scraped off most of the dirt on the headlight surround, which is still in good condition! Once its fully cleaned, will apply some metal polish on it to get the shine.

Expecting the mechanic to come take a look at the engine tomorrow!

Introducing another Lambretta LD- my 1958 LD 150 mk3!-img_5833.jpg

Introducing another Lambretta LD- my 1958 LD 150 mk3!-img_5838.jpg

Introducing another Lambretta LD- my 1958 LD 150 mk3!-img_5840.jpg

Introducing another Lambretta LD- my 1958 LD 150 mk3!-img_5839.jpg

Introducing another Lambretta LD- my 1958 LD 150 mk3!-img_5841.jpg

PS: 'need a star-shaped blanking stud (like the one you see on the RH side of my legshield) which seemed to be made of chrome. Anyone who could find me one like this

Last edited by Stanher : 1st May 2010 at 22:03.
Old 1st May 2010, 22:14   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

'fitted an original NOS 'INNOCENTI' horncast badge that I bought on ebay. Sure changes the look of the scoot!

Next sprayed WD-40 on all the tarnished chrome parts and cables, nuts, bolts etc. that I could see.

Then got around to giving some leather treatment to the seats, which apparently didn't get any kind of pampering since ages.

Then scraped off most of the dirt on the headlight surround, which is still in good condition! Once its fully cleaned, will apply some metal polish on it to get the shine.

Expecting the mechanic to come take a look at the engine tomorrow!

Attachment 341028

Attachment 341029

Attachment 341030

Attachment 341031

Attachment 341032

PS: 'need a star-shaped blanking stud (like the one you see on the RH side of my legshield) which seemed to be made of chrome. Anyone who could find me one like this
Shyam- Vow! So the restoration has started.The Italian designed curves on the handlebar and the frontal portions seen here are so classic.
About the missing star, its a nut that used to fasten the bolt of the black rexine bag accessory, which was so common and fitted below the handlebar. It was much like the metal helmet box of Bajaj scooters.
Old 1st May 2010, 22:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I plan to have it just mechanically fit, which I plan to start working on after the end of may, when I'm done with my MA exams.
Quote:
Hi all,

Shyam, I think you need to be awarded the MA(Master in Automobiles) Degree right away!
Old 1st May 2010, 22:24   #30
BANNED

Wow Shyam!! This is a super scoot you have got!

Congrats buddy. Waiting for you to finish your MA.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks