Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2010, 12:20   #91
BHPian

Ajaybiz, you may notice that the front mudguard on your photographed bike is also the updated type, not the WFM one which is wider and longer. Using these as bargaining points hopefully you can get the price down to 2000. I might have a headlight dome for you, but it would be the polish type, and that looks like it has a larger speedometer :-( which I don't have.
The shocks in plastic covers are not as desirable as the chrome ones, but also used to come on later WFM bikes (I have seen many). So you don't have to upgrade those.
Old 15th November 2010, 12:21   #92
BHPian

Oh, but yes the rear ones, just saw, are definitely not original. They must be fully enclosed.
Old 15th November 2010, 18:36   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay2233 View Post
That yezdi 350 looks cool! Please do post pics after the painting, I like the current shade!, are you changing the colour?(1)
The jawa is wonderful especially the tank paint and the sticker work!(2)

I will post some of my jawa pics soon!
(1)Yezdi 350..color scheme..not yet decided,may go for " pearl white & signal red" combo
(2) Here is my jawa pics ( with its original '61 fuel tank & with a regular tank)
Jawa 250 "kyavaka" (1961)
Old 15th November 2010, 18:38   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneinsaan View Post
Well,
Powertwin, your kneepads are among those parts, as are the fork screw, aluminium switch, and many other parts I might have extra.
Hope it comes soon! Fingers crossed.
My hands are always open !!
Thanks buddy
Old 18th November 2010, 14:25   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
(1)Yezdi 350..color scheme..not yet decided,may go for " pearl white & signal red" combo
(2) Here is my jawa pics ( with its original '61 fuel tank & with a regular tank)
Jawa 250 "kyavaka" (1961)
@powertwin

Sir, the Jawa looks simply superb. Perfect. Just like out of the production line.
Apart from the tanks, I see that you have changed the stand and rear view mirror too.

Which tank does it have now? Did this model come with the milling hub? Did you change it to the later model?

Really happy to see a jawa in such pristine condition. Hats off to you!

Regards,
Ajay

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 17th December 2010 at 18:05. Reason: Please avoid quoting images in reply posts. Thanks.
Old 20th November 2010, 14:24   #96
BANNED

Got it for 2.5K and i think that fair enough as at present no but in coming 10-15 years this is going to be another cult classic.
Insaneinsaan thanks buddy and yes i am OK to buy if you want to sell me that headlight dome, I'll arrange meter from somewhere else. Does this shares the same cylinder kit as the last few produced Rajdoots?Can we fit crank and cylinder kit from those Rajdoots?to be very precise if someone knows the bore and stroke, crank rod length, port mappings etc.
Old 20th November 2010, 21:52   #97
BHPian

Quote:
@powertwin

Sir
Apart from the tanks, I see that you have changed the stand and rear view mirror too.

Which tank does it have now? Did this model come with the milling hub? Did you change it to the later model?

Really happy to see a jawa in such pristine condition. Hats off to you!

Regards,
Ajay
Thanks Ajay !!
Have taken the original tank ( the one with instrument pod) to safe custody( its inside my office )
It has the original Alloy center stand too..
The bar end mirror was my ORNAMENT !!
As I ride once in a blue moon, have fitted the regular Jawa fuel tank
Old 20th November 2010, 22:46   #98
BHPian

Ok guys sorry to interrupt. I know the thread is going a bit slow, but it's still going.
Can we please keep the jawa talk restricted to the ABUNDANT jawa threads? This has got really off topic :-)
Old 22nd November 2010, 01:29   #99
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I am nearing completion of restoring my bike and 3 parts are eluding me.
1. The original 2 cup shock absorbers for the rear
2. The clutch and front brake levers
3. The neck lock.

If some one could give me some heads up for these items , I would be very grateful to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Got it for 2.5K and i think that fair enough as at present no but in coming 10-15 years this is going to be another cult classic.
Insaneinsaan thanks buddy and yes i am OK to buy if you want to sell me that headlight dome, I'll arrange meter from somewhere else. Does this shares the same cylinder kit as the last few produced Rajdoots?Can we fit crank and cylinder kit from those Rajdoots?to be very precise if someone knows the bore and stroke, crank rod length, port mappings etc.

@AjayBiz,
Yes, It shares the same cylinder kit as the last produced Rajdoots. I guess there was only one version of cylinder kit for Rajdoot. I did buy one and it suited my vehicle perfectly. I guess they are easily available in the market.

Regarding the bore, stroke and port mappings etc , it should be available in the Rajdoot workshop manual. Will try posting a link to it here or will mail it to u.

Happy Restoration.

@Sirish,
Yes, you started the thread with
"This thread is going to be dedicated to an unsung hero of Indian heritage bikes. The OLD Rajdoot, assembled (I believe) from parts made in Poland."

from now on, we will stick to it

@Powertwin
sir,
I would like to hear more from you regarding our Jawas and Yezdis. We shall do it off this thread.We will have our Jawa discussions on PM

Regards,
Ajay
Old 22nd November 2010, 09:05   #100
BHPian

Workshop Manual

@All,

For the workshop manual visit this site

https://sites.google.com/site/alokbalsekar/

go into the workshop manuals tab.

the next page, you would find the Rajdoot manual.

The workshop manual has been uploaded by Alok, TBHP handle "alok_balsekar". Thanks Alok.

Happy Restoration.

Regards,
Ajay
Old 22nd November 2010, 09:39   #101
BHPian

Nice to hear that your restoration goes well. How about some WIP pictures?
Regarding the shock absorbers, I think you will have to look out in some second hand market or some old stocks. My rajdoot has the original rear shocks which have plastic top cups. The lock will be difficult to get. All the best!!!

With thanks and regards

Quote:
Hi Guys,
I am nearing completion of restoring my bike and 3 parts are eluding me.
1. The original 2 cup shock absorbers for the rear
2. The clutch and front brake levers
3. The neck lock.

Regards,
Ajay

Last edited by glomus123 : 22nd November 2010 at 09:41.
Old 22nd November 2010, 19:17   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneinsaan View Post
Ok guys sorry to interrupt. I know the thread is going a bit slow, but it's still going.
Can we please keep the jawa talk restricted to the ABUNDANT jawa threads? This has got really off topic :-)
Your right Sirish, even I thought so...Going is a SIN @ this kind of forums.....sorry dude will stick to Rajdoot related only ( Even GTS akka Bobby, need to be rested in this thread)
Old 17th December 2010, 02:19   #103
BHPian

Re: Rajdoot 175cc 1969 (Cekop/SHL M11)

YouTube - symphony's Channel

Guys, vote for me! sorry to be off topic but this has to be said! Tell all your friends... vote for the only Indian finalist in the YouTube Symphony Orchestra!

Last two days to vote!

Thanks!
Old 24th July 2011, 22:58   #104
BHPian

Quote:
@Powertwin,

It is a wonderful find , and many thanks for posting the pics here.
This Bike is certainly a reference Bike for all restorers.

The Carb does n't seem to be a Micarb. It has a tickler instead of a Choke. Can you please post some pics of the Carb and also the name of the carb.

Ajay
Yes Ajay, this is the carb for all WFM Rajdoots, that is not Mikarb or Mikuni is PEGAZ, a Polish product, licensed from Amal ( Brtish).

Do you even I have picked a 1964 WFM ( pics after a week),even it had Mikarb, so just few days before sourced a Used PEGAZ carb for my bike..here you see the pics of the Carb only

Please observe the Carb top lid portion, you can see the Choke cable adjacent to the accelerator slider cable ( from my friend's bike carb)
Attached Thumbnails
Rajdoot 175cc 1969 (Cekop/SHL M11)-not-amal.jpg  

Last edited by powertwin : 24th July 2011 at 23:01.
powertwin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 08:14   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertwin View Post
Yes Ajay, this is the carb for all WFM Rajdoots, that is not Mikarb or Mikuni is PEGAZ, a Polish product, licensed from Amal ( Brtish).

Do you know, even I have picked a 1964 WFM ( pics after a week),even it had Mikarb, so just few days before sourced a Used PEGAZ carb for my bike..here you see the pics of the Carb only

Please observe the Carb top lid portion, you can see the Choke cable adjacent to the accelerator slider cable ( from my friend's bike carb)
Pegaz carburetor

Hmm !! my bike...
powertwin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks