Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 11:15   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Chanu - PLEASE DO NOT DO ANY LATHE WORK ON ANY ENGINE PART. IT WILL RUIN YOUR ENGINE. PLEASE REPLACE OIL PUMP ASSEMBLY IF ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. SEND ME ALL DETAILS, I WILL GUIDE YOU IN TOTALITY.

Dear Samsag12 - Starter solenoid switch is made by Lucas TVS Ltd and is still readily available. Do not use Autolec. Reliability is not good.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 11th June 2010, 23:52   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Chanu - PLEASE DO NOT DO ANY LATHE WORK ON ANY ENGINE PART. IT WILL RUIN YOUR ENGINE. PLEASE REPLACE OIL PUMP ASSEMBLY IF ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. SEND ME ALL DETAILS, I WILL GUIDE YOU IN TOTALITY.

Dear Samsag12 - Starter solenoid switch is made by Lucas TVS Ltd and is still readily available. Do not use Autolec. Reliability is not good.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Today I am immensely happy along with a proud feel. Mr Dhabhar Behram visited my Appu's thread. Its been really long time that we heard from you sir.

I will definately take up your advice sir, however I am not sure about the new oil pump availability sir. Which is the brand I should opt for.
Old 13th August 2010, 20:49   #138
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on the car. Did you managed to find the ash tray. What about the rare parts (NOS or scrapyard), hope you are in the process of stocking them.
Old 13th August 2010, 22:56   #139
BHPian

Bala,
I think it is my first post on your thread. Waiting for that day when you'l start restoration. It will be a indeed nice and original "Delight" in FCCH. So one is green and other????????
Old 13th August 2010, 23:43   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Any updates on the car. Did you managed to find the ash tray. What about the rare parts (NOS or scrapyard), hope you are in the process of stocking them.
No further updates Sagar since the last post. I am unable to source any parts for my Appu as quite busy with my work life I hope from now onwards I should be able to do so. Ashtray is not yet found but will soon will procure my people are reading this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
Bala,
I think it is my first post on your thread. Waiting for that day when you'l start restoration. It will be a indeed nice and original "Delight" in FCCH. So one is green and other????????
Thanks NVKale saab for posting your comment and also for the encouraging opinion about Appu, indeed she is a original car still intact and I am sure I will do justice to her restoration. Why shouldn't I when you all are there with me, already Ram and I have chalked a plan of action for her. I am DELIGHTed to have you all for sure it will be our (FCCH) car. No Doubt about it!

Last edited by chanu : 13th August 2010 at 23:46.
Old 8th October 2011, 17:20   #141
Senior - BHPian

Re: Delighted with my "new" 1965 DELIGHT

for now this car will be in hibernation but till is is up to see the sun shine on its windows...

chanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 16:56   #142
Senior - BHPian

Bala bhai any update on the Fiat. Hope you are driving the car and not making her stand idle and what about the Padmini? Hope both are in running order.

BTW i think i have a ash tray for the rear door which you require. Will search for it in the attic and let you know, i still have a strong feeling of its existence as i saw it in trunk when i took some NOS parts out from it.
Old 30th December 2011, 08:35   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Bala bhai any update on the Fiat. Hope you are driving the car and not making her stand idle and what about the Padmini? Hope both are in running order.

BTW i think i have a ash tray for the rear door which you require. Will search for it in the attic and let you know, i still have a strong feeling of its existence as i saw it in trunk when i took some NOS parts out from it.
Hey Sagar bro, thanks for the concern you have, I was surprised to see my thread emerging from the dark. To be honest with you the Delight is standing still as I was not able to concentrate on both the cars because of some reasons and again thanks to our beloved govt doing all what it takes to burn the pockets into ashes with the petrol prices shooting beyond the sky, I am not a guy to run the cars 1-2 kms and park I would rather choose to make them stand still for a while and then spin till the manifold get red hot.

Very soon if god permits you would see some surprises here...and I am sure you will be happy seeing that.
Old 30th December 2011, 09:38   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Hey Sagar bro, thanks for the concern you have, I was surprised to see my thread emerging from the dark. To be honest with you the Delight is standing still as I was not able to concentrate on both the cars because of some reasons and again thanks to our beloved govt doing all what it takes to burn the pockets into ashes with the petrol prices shooting beyond the sky, I am not a guy to run the cars 1-2 kms and park I would rather choose to make them stand still for a while and then spin till the manifold get red hot.

Very soon if god permits you would see some surprises here...and I am sure you will be happy seeing that.
Hey thats not good news, i thought that both the cars must be in running order. Standing still will only create problems. I do hope you spend some time on them too.
Eagerly waiting for the surprise from you on the Fiats and i hope to receive it soon.
Old 5th August 2012, 04:44   #145
Senior - BHPian

Alright good or bad, the car is gone, no more with me however happy it's good to a good home now. Mods if needed you may close this thread. Thanks folks for all the support and appreciation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks