Old 13th June 2010, 17:36   #46
BHPian

@raizada

thanks , but i am not that much into it technically, man....looking for a car
Old 13th June 2010, 18:54   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasif View Post
It was for sale for 60,000 in 1998 or so.

Maybe some of the Hyderabad guys could check on it for you. The owner used to live around Masab Tank area.
I faintly remember seeing that car.

It was in pista green color. Seen at a workshop near Mazda motors.

Highly unlikely it will be there, i had seen it 2 years back.
Old 14th June 2010, 22:42   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Gosh... that anyone could get more than about 40,000 for an old Ford surprises me!

Please do take a long, realistic view on this, Just because it is one of the prettier Fords (poor man's E-type?) does not alter the fact that it is a Ford, just an old Ford, and an old Ford from the days before Honda introduced the British to the concept of reliable cars.

I would think they all rusted away. Not as bad as the earlier generation of Fords (the Consul, Zephyr, and so on) but still...

That is something that sellers would like us to believe. And valuable as what? an on-the-road car? or a showpiece?
Hi Thad! You have gone into valuation, have to continue that here to maintain the link but some point is being missed out. There was a very nice Capri 1st gen for sale for 50000, that was about 1998. It sold maybe with some difficulty, but was very nice.
But today, 40000 for a Capri, forget it. Such cars have become valuable jusy for being an old shape, and more so over as they are 2-door coupes. Today it is difficult to get a reasonably good Contessa for less than 60000. And that is 4 door. The simple fact is that due to non availability of cars, the left-overs do fetch a high price. We all saw the pictures of the green Singer and that Morris van missing 65% of its parts. And the price being quoted is ridiculous.
And many non deserving cars do go for a high price. Is that the fault of the seller? Not only, the buyer too is involved in that transaction. It is a matter of judgement on the parts of both the seller and the buyer.
Do you have pics of your dads Capri? Please do post.

Cheers harit
Old 21st June 2010, 21:40   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raizada View Post
@cmdalvi
a ford v6 engine compelete with gearbox available. dont know its 2ltr or 2.5
Could you kindly give me the contact details, enabling me to get more detailed information and the price etc.
sbjatti@gmail.com

S.B.Jatti
Old 21st June 2010, 22:08   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harit View Post
Do you have pics of your dads Capri? Please do post.
I think it was Mum that chose the car --- just as it was her that chose the white Consul convertible (red leather hood) that preceded it. I don't know if there are any pics: I've been through some of the family slides from the fifties, but I haven't seen the stuff from the late sixties and seventies since ...well, since the late sixties and seventies!.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks