Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2010, 23:30   #31
BHPian

FIAT/PADMINI overtake on Pune -Nagar road

I was travelling from Pune to Ahmednagar in my friends Logan. We were maintained steady speed of 80 kmph. Suddenly after Shirur one white FIAT slowly overtook us. We saw 6 people sitting inside and steadily he was at 90-100 kmph. Exhaust note was so smooth that it must be just half accelartor. If he would have pressed full it will be around 130-140 kmph with full load. Wow!!!!! what a rugged and load pulling machineand that to minimum 15 -18 years old. (MH_17 C).!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then we raised speed to 100-110 kmph to overtake and here is the video...........

Last edited by Fiat&Me : 24th August 2010 at 23:33.
Old 25th August 2010, 15:50   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
Hi,
He is Shri Bora with his 137D.
He is one of the major oil paint dealer in city. He is again amazing FIATian. he is having 10,000 years of calender in his mind. U tell any date from 1500 AD to 2500 AD and within 10 secs he'l tell you the day on that date.
I have immediatly told my birthdate and he comes out with sunday. To crosscheck we saw on PC but ufff calender was only upto 1980. then we checked CASIO diary and it was amazing. It was sunday.
I told my son's birthdate and agin in 10 secs he told it was Tuesday. To my surprize it was same.
So guys every hardcore Indian FIATian is Unique!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Long live family of FIATs and their passionate lovers!!!!
Nice pictures uploaded Narendra, your work is really inspiring me to do more for Fiatism, you and Vaitheeswaran are working hard meet Fiatian is highly appreciable, Thanks on behalf of Premier Padmini site members, Hats off to you.
Old 25th August 2010, 15:52   #33
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang language posts are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 26th August 2010 at 16:10.
Mehul1100 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th August 2010, 17:22   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Kaleji - I think I have met the owner of this car. He was a very soft spoken maharashtrian "kaka". I have met him either in Ale Phata or Narayangaon on the Pune Nasik highway a couple of years back. It was a diesel car, very well maintained.

By the way, we had MAM8158, a very normal looking black Premier Padmini Diesel car from the outside, but that was where the similarity ended. Open the bonnet and you would see an 1800 cc turbocharged Volkswagen design derived FNM diesel engine which we had imported from Italy for R&D trials. During a drive from VRDE Ahmednagar to Mumbai many many years back, I overtook a 6 cylinder Volvo car (not bus) and the Volvo could not catch me. I used to drive MAM8158 at @ 150 kmph and it could go higher but I had to be careful of the brakes and of the driveline breaking due to the excessive torque. Finally the Volvo guy caught up at a signal at Chembur and when I told him that it was a diesel, he could not believe it. I then opened the bonnet and showed him. MAM8158 was the fastest Premier Padmini Diesel car in India.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Old 25th August 2010, 22:50   #35
BHPian

150 kmph Simply unbelievable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Kaleji - I think I have met the owner of this car. He was a very soft spoken maharashtrian "kaka". I have met him either in Ale Phata or Narayangaon on the Pune Nasik highway a couple of years back. It was a diesel car, very well maintained.

By the way, we had MAM8158, a very normal looking black Premier Padmini Diesel car from the outside, but that was where the similarity ended. Open the bonnet and you would see an 1800 cc turbocharged Volkswagen design derived FNM diesel engine which we had imported from Italy for R&D trials. During a drive from VRDE Ahmednagar to Mumbai many many years back, I overtook a 6 cylinder Volvo car (not bus) and the Volvo could not catch me. I used to drive MAM8158 at @ 150 kmph and it could go higher but I had to be careful of the brakes and of the driveline breaking due to the excessive torque. Finally the Volvo guy caught up at a signal at Chembur and when I told him that it was a diesel, he could not believe it. I then opened the bonnet and showed him. MAM8158 was the fastest Premier Padmini Diesel car in India.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Baap re baap!!!!!!! 150 kmph. But FIAT is so rugged that in those days road condition was very pathetic and you overtook 6 cylinder Volvo car!!! Toooooooo Goooood!!!!

Definately Sir, MAM 8158 is the fastest diesel Padmini in India.
In dream also we can't see Padmini at 150 kmph. And you have made it thats it.......

(Note: If MAM 8158 would have fitted with ABS, then you would have tried at 170 kmph also)

Yes Mehul, Next time I'l definately allow FIAT to overtake me and take a video. And regarding my Blue color Linea request no reply from FIAT, but now Shiva is trying for me. Let us see.

Last edited by GTO : 26th August 2010 at 16:15. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted
Old 1st September 2010, 22:40   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
Baap re baap!!!!!!! 150 kmph. But FIAT is so rugged that in those days road condition was very pathetic and you overtook 6 cylinder Volvo car!!! Toooooooo Goooood!!!!

Definately Sir, MAM 8158 is the fastest diesel Padmini in India.
In dream also we can't see Padmini at 150 kmph. And you have made it thats it.......

(Note: If MAM 8158 would have fitted with ABS, then you would have tried at 170 kmph also)

Yes Mehul, Next time I'l definately allow FIAT to overtake me and take a video. And regarding my Blue color Linea request no reply from FIAT, but now Shiva is trying for me. Let us see.
Okay, done Narendra, be ready never know when a Fiat1100 will over take you, know the attitude has changed, many people are now attracked towards Fiat1100, all because of the effort but by fiatians like you. Hats off to you, for the support you provide to fellow Fiatians rather than only talking and self-upraisal done by so called masters of Fiats.
Old 4th September 2010, 23:18   #37
BHPian

One more black classic!!!

One more black classic in prestine condition. (May be it was not cleaned for 2-3 days otherwise the color is really shining) I spotted this car so many times with a beard person driving. But unfortunately I was not having camera. I have knocked his door in morning and evening but no response. So I took car's photos without his permission.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-100_0469.jpg  

Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-100_0468.jpg  

Old 5th September 2010, 00:47   #38
Senior - BHPian

Narendra saab! car looks stunning. Is it a S1 or 137D ?. How is that you could manage to get these pictures from you home town? do you have some representative out there or what?.

I salute you passion for these cars, you even went to unknown persons and knocked their doors to get to know about the car, really comendable efforts.
Old 5th September 2010, 11:21   #39
Senior - BHPian

Bala bhai it certainly is NOT a S1 going by the badges. Even i doubt if its any pre 90s model judging by the position of wiper box. It seems either the boot lid was changed to later one which retained the badges or its dieseled and the 137D badge sticked on.
Old 5th September 2010, 14:48   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsag12 View Post
Bala bhai it certainly is NOT a S1 going by the badges. Even i doubt if its any pre 90s model judging by the position of wiper box. It seems either the boot lid was changed to later one which retained the badges or its dieseled and the 137D badge sticked on.
As the badge on right side of boot is much longer, its looking like a 137D as those badges used to have written with PADMINI 137D or Padmini S1 & as per your opinion, it might be a dieseled version with 137D badges sticked on it.

Last edited by dhrishikesh : 5th September 2010 at 14:50.
Old 5th September 2010, 16:01   #41
Senior - BHPian

The PADMINI 137D badge on the boot is not at its default place. It should be in line with the PREMIER badge so its an aftermarket job. But i am dead sure that its an old model car definitely pre 94 one.(am not sure of the year) The wiper movement seems to be of LHD type and not RHD type. Gurus please confirm this.
Old 9th December 2010, 23:04   #42
BHPian

Re: Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown

One more FIATian,
He is a owner of 2-wheelers automobile spares shop.
Long term ambition of owning a 4-wheeler. So FIAT came to help him. Owned in just 20K bucks. He said I am not maintaining the car at all. It is 24Hr x365 days parked outside for almost 5-6 years after acquisition. But still the engine firing is smooth and starts with hardly 2-3 'selfs'. It is always parked near Sitaram Sarada Vidyalaya.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-100_0479.jpg  

Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-100_0480.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks