Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2010, 15:24   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
Here is 2nd beauty in his white FIAT collection. MH-16E 995. This is 137D of 1996 make. You can see my son and relative of Shri. Bhapkar. Still running good and he prefers for long drive more than 60-70 kms.
Thanks Nvk for the effort you had put forward for the spirit of Fiatism. Thanks.
Old 5th July 2010, 19:35   #17
BHPian

Here is the best picture of my shoot

Just see the proud owner with his all white FIAT cars. ( 01 is FIAT missing because taken to servicing on the day I've visited.) That is a petrol model and also in white color. So total 04 padminis and 01 NE. Just Amazing!!!!!!!
I myself was wondering how i missed such a dedicated FIAT fan near my hometown.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-100_0489.jpg  

Old 6th July 2010, 00:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Kale saab what is the reason this old gentleman has got 4 cars and all whites any specific reason, does all the cars are the same? does he not have liking for other cars or vintage fiat's. What ever the case may be my heart has a special respect for this gentlemen, If you happen to meet him next time please invite him to our club once (if possible)
Old 6th July 2010, 23:14   #19
BHPian

One more View

One more view of FIAT's stable!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-100_0485.jpg  

Old 9th July 2010, 22:38   #20
BHPian

Latest project of Shri. Bhapkar

After amazing view of his FIAT stable he requested to visit his current road project which he is superwising. There are around 2-3 similar roads he consrtucted by own "shramdan" and village people contribution.He drives his FIATs on such roads. What a country cruisable and rugged car. he unfortunately doesn't have FIAT photos parking on the hill top after cruising "Kaccha" roads. But we can successfully climb the 25deg gradient with "Yamha 135" with me, him and my son. here are some shots on hilltop.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-100_0490.jpg  

Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-100_0491.jpg  

Old 13th July 2010, 23:03   #21
BHPian

One of the great felicitation in my life

This is One of the great felicitation in my life.
In fact i don't deserve this but Shri. Bhapkar was very happy that i have kept the promise to visit his town, and 2nd ; I went in time.
After lot of insistance from him finally i agreed.
And i also felt simply great to get honour from one of the greatest FIATian in India.
You also witness!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-100_0487.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 14th July 2010, 00:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Naveen sir we also feel honoured. I am feeling jelous or ashamed I am not sure at this age has so much of energy I feel he is a true example and a true inspiration. I wish to meet him once in my lifetime atleast.
Old 18th July 2010, 20:11   #23
BHPian

Horribaly Modified FIAT

I came across this horibally modified FIAT. Owner (Sitting on chair ?) does not have any idea but he bought in 1989. (I am not sure MMY series is 4m A.nagar or any other city). After seeing few decent and classic maintained FIATs it is terrible to see this. But this is part of life. Not a single human being in this universe is same.
"Isko dekhkar mere man me yeh khayal aaya ki kisi decent aur khandani lady jo hamesha saree aur diamond/gold delicate jwellary pahnati ho, agar low cut sleeveless T-shirt and mini skirt pahanake, dark red lipstick lagake, duplicate aur heavy jwellary pahanake footpath pe khadi ho jaye to kaisi dikhegi???????"
Just see photo....
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-100_0467.jpg  

Old 18th July 2010, 20:40   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
I came across this horibally modified FIAT. Owner (Sitting on chair ?) does not have any idea but he bought in 1989. (I am not sure MMY series is 4m A.nagar or any other city).

"Isko dekhkar mere man me yeh khayal aaya ki kisi decent aur khandani lady jo hamesha saree aur diamond/gold delicate jwellary pahnati ho, agar low cut sleeveless T-shirt and mini skirt pahanake, dark red lipstick lagake, duplicate aur heavy jwellary pahanake footpath pe khadi ho jaye to kaisi dikhegi???????"
Just see photo....
Good comment, kale sa'ab!

This car seems to be used on hire for baraat purposes, for carrying the musical orchestra/band-baajawale.

A real sad modification indeed! There was a Standard Gazel in Pune that met the same fate.

MMY would be a Bombay regn. Behram Dhabhar also had a rally-special padmini in the 80s, MMY 43.
Old 20th July 2010, 13:17   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear nvkale2 - MMY is Mumbai registration, Ghatkopar RTO, Mumbai (East). My rally car was MMY43, which was a 1977 model Padmini. The series ran till around 1985 as there were not many registrations then. After MMY, there was MAM and after MAM there is MH03. There was an MAX series also for a very short time in 1989 before MH03 took over. MAX series was mainly for re-registered old cars.

I am delighted to attach three photographs of MMY43 which I had taken in 1989 in Chail near Simla and then returning from Simla to Mumbai via Arga. You can see the twin carburettor installation and the strengthened suspension.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-scan.jpg  

Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-scan0003.jpg  

Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-scan0005.jpg  

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 20th July 2010 at 13:20. Reason: add info
Old 20th July 2010, 23:14   #26
BHPian

Dhabhar Sir,
Simply superb engine bay. twin carb + twin but shared air filter. I can imagine the punch in drag race. May be once I'l like to hear the roaring of your MMY 43.

Amazing to see "Bombay 1177 km" and of course white coated Bumber looking pretty
Old 21st July 2010, 00:24   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear Kaleji - sadly I sold MMY43 in 1993. I would love to have it back. I still have the inlet manifold of the twin carburettor installation with me at home. Those days petrol used to be 5 rupees a litre. Now it is 55 rupees a litre. MMY43 used to give me 7 kms/litre. I don't think anybody in his right mind would want to afford a 7 kms/litre car today. However, it was an absolute bomb to drive, and the exhaust note was sheer music. I have replicated the bonnet hump of MMY43 on my left hand drive car MH01YA3238. Here is the photograph. Enjoy! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-cimg8190.jpg  

Last edited by DHABHAR.BEHRAM : 21st July 2010 at 00:29. Reason: add info
Old 26th July 2010, 23:54   #28
BHPian

Few more close ups

Few more close ups of the same "Bandwala's" FIAT
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-100_0465.jpg  

Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-100_0466.jpg  

Old 4th August 2010, 23:36   #29
BHPian

Shri. Bora with his FIAT 137D

Hi,
He is Shri Bora with his 137D.
He is one of the major oil paint dealer in city. He is again amazing FIATian. he is having 10,000 years of calender in his mind. U tell any date from 1500 AD to 2500 AD and within 10 secs he'l tell you the day on that date.
I have immediatly told my birthdate and he comes out with sunday. To crosscheck we saw on PC but ufff calender was only upto 1980. then we checked CASIO diary and it was amazing. It was sunday.
I told my son's birthdate and agin in 10 secs he told it was Tuesday. To my surprize it was same.
So guys every hardcore Indian FIATian is Unique!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Long live family of FIATs and their passionate lovers!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-100_0478.jpg  

Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-100_0477.jpg  

Old 11th August 2010, 23:49   #30
BHPian

Mr Shaikh with his Fiat 137D

He is old car dealer. He was very passionate about fiat cars since his childhood. But can't buy because of financial background. Now since fiats are available at throw away price (petrol starting at 5k & diesel at 20k) he bought recently and fulfilled his dream to own a FIAT. But he is really maintaing her in very good condition. One S1 petrol engine also seen sideby.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-100_0470.jpg  

Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-100_0471.jpg  

Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-100_0473.jpg  

Fiat-o-graphy in Ahmednagar (MS) - My Hometown-100_0472.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks