Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2011, 15:25   #31
BANNED

Re: My 1967 Bug..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67Bug View Post
Few pics of my bug which entered in the Bombay VCCCI rally on 30th Jan 2011. Also sending couple of ones of the dash board too.

The Dash looks awesome. Very bold.

I always want to do something like this for my car, but fear losing originality, but the above pics encourage me to add that ORIGINAL VW Clock and the Blumenvasen soon.
Old 31st January 2011, 15:43   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Few pics of my bug which entered in the Bombay VCCCI rally on 30th Jan 2011. Also sending couple of ones of the dash board too.
yes the car looks wonderful as ever,i cant forget the drive we all had in this lovely looking car, just a small suggestion do some thing needful to hide those fog lamp brackets,either shorten them or mount the lamps in the overriders ,and rotate them to look straight they steal the looks,rest you are the champ,
Old 31st January 2011, 16:23   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderpalgill View Post
yes the car looks wonderful as ever,i cant forget the drive we all had in this lovely looking car, just a small suggestion do some thing needful to hide those fog lamp brackets,either shorten them or mount the lamps in the overriders ,and rotate them to look straight they steal the looks,rest you are the champ,
It is flattering to receive accolades from one of the biggest VW collector in the country. Yes good suggestion and I am working on the same. Unfortunately when I try to shorten the brackets it hits the bonnet lid and they are a bit heavy to directly port them onto the overriders. But agree they do look a bit funny although they are oree-gee-nal bosch fog lamps meant for this model.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:28   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
The Dash looks awesome. Very bold.

I always want to do something like this for my car, but fear losing originality, but the above pics encourage me to add that ORIGINAL VW Clock and the Blumenvasen soon.
Thanks PK for your feedback. Much appreciated. If you noticed I have avoided drilling any holes. Have used an Australian solution called "Bluetag" which is like a clay and holds metal parts without peeling the paint or spoling your expenstive memorablias. The other two i.e the temp gauge and coin holders are magnetic. Even for the vase I did not feel it appropriate to dig a hold and have used a wire to hold it on the grab handle.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:49   #35
BANNED

I really don't need to say anything.

Though I could like to ask where did you get that Beetle on the roof?
Old 31st January 2011, 17:42   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Though I could like to ask where did you get that Beetle on the roof?
That is a metallic pedal car and incidentally is a 67 model. Bought it on the ebay from USA. Works great and plan to motorize it now using a 12V beetle wiper motor .
Old 31st January 2011, 17:58   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks PK for your feedback. Much appreciated. If you noticed I have avoided drilling any holes. Have used an Australian solution called "Bluetag" which is like a clay and holds metal parts without peeling the paint or spoling your expenstive memorablias. The other two i.e the temp gauge and coin holders are magnetic. Even for the vase I did not feel it appropriate to dig a hold and have used a wire to hold it on the grab handle.
Very cool! Do remember to put your wheel spats back to correct sides though.

Beware of bluetak - it works like a charm initially, but after a few months it hardens and bonds with the paint, and damages that portion when removed.
Old 1st February 2011, 11:05   #38
BHPian

Quote:
It is flattering to receive accolades from one of the biggest VW collector in the country. Yes good suggestion and I am working on the same. Unfortunately when I try to shorten the brackets it hits the bonnet lid and they are a bit heavy to directly port them onto the overriders. But agree they do look a bit funny although they are oree-gee-nal bosch fog lamps meant for this model.
Ha ha ,as always you are again pulling my leg,the ideas are great and by the time we innovate some thing for the fog lamps, i saw the bud vase of my friend Roop Gill in US,he used the vent in the dash ,just like yours ,to accommodate the vase,i am attaching the picture for reference,your bug is the best!
Attached Thumbnails
My 1967 Bug..-n790543938_1511072_3295.jpg  

Old 1st February 2011, 16:30   #39
BHPian

Quote:
The Albert mirror looks really cool,nice to see 3 rear view rather 4 rear view mirrors

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks