Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2010, 23:15   #136
Senior - BHPian

there is a vintage car rally on 12th Dec at secunderabab club.Should we rethink of another date?
Old 1st December 2010, 04:49   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
there is a vintage car rally on 12th Dec at secunderabab club.Should we rethink of another date?
Yes, it would be better if we fix another date otherwise our meet will clash just like the last time during the World Tourism Day Meet. But again if the meet has to be in December 2010, we have less choices. 5th December is too early and Bala's scooter may not be ready. Since we are planning for a FCCH Meet on 26th December, that leaves us with 19th December as the only option this month. Two consecutive Sundays (19th and 26th) with our automobiles will make the situation at my home a bit hostile!! Anyway, others please give your suggestions on this. If the Vintage Car Rally is going to end by 12 noon, we can meet after lunch on 12th December as planned.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2010, 07:23   #138
Senior - BHPian

Oh Goodness!! 12th december vintage rally and 12th december HCSC meet..Mmm!! how about this? we will join the rally at Secunderabad and post rally we can drive in to some place and head home, this time "three mangoes in one shot" (rally, meet and happy family) one sunday spent.
Old 1st December 2010, 11:27   #139
BHPian

Is there any similar scooter owner's club present in Pune?
Old 1st December 2010, 11:29   #140
BHPian

Hello, is there a similar Scooter Owner's club present in Pune? I have recently got my hands on a 1980 Vijay Super..
Old 1st December 2010, 13:28   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyadarshan.b View Post
Hello, is there a similar Scooter Owner's club present in Pune? I have recently got my hands on a 1980 Vijay Super..
priyadarshan.b : Great to hear that you have got a Vijay Super. My father had one when I joined school! I don't remember it though but have seen the pictures we have! I could not locate any thread for a scooter club in Pune. Why don't you start one? I am sure you will get a great response. You can always take help/guidance from members of HCSC and BCSC. All the best!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Oh Goodness!! 12th december vintage rally and 12th december HCSC meet..Mmm!! how about this? we will join the rally at Secunderabad and post rally we can drive in to some place and head home, this time "three mangoes in one shot" (rally, meet and happy family) one sunday spent.
Bala : Three mangoes in one shot sounds a great idea! I am fine with the meet on 12th December. The only question is where do we go for a drive after the Vintage Car Meet? What do you suggest Ram?

Regards,

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 1st December 2010, 16:58   #142
BHPian

Hey thanks Rahul for your encouragement. In fact when i got my Vijay, the previous owner said to me that such a club should be organised. he owns a 1963 Lambretta in great shape. I will get in touch with him. also i will ask him to join this community so that we will hear some new experiences..

By the way i do welcome all the suggestions to restore my Vijay.. Uploaded pictures to this thread..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...enance-31.html

- Priyadarshan
Old 1st December 2010, 22:36   #143
Senior - BHPian

Bala,Rahul..I think its a good idea we attend the Vintage Rally and leave by 12Noon.We can head somewhere for a nice ride and then lunch.
Old 6th December 2010, 16:08   #144
BHPian

Done, let us attend the Vintage Rally and then leave at 12 noon. Ram, as you mentioned on the phone, we can head for a small ride on the Medichal road and have lunch at one of the dhabas or at some place in the city on our way back.

I will be contacting Yaser's uncle (Farooq) tomorrow requesting him to join us with his Vespa.

I also remembered that Mr. Mushtaq Hussain also has a Lambretta. (We had seen it when we went to his place for the FCCH meet.) I have his son's (Muqthar Hussain) phone number and will try to invite him as well. I had met him 3 weeks back and had informed him that HCSC would be meeting sometime in December. He had agreed to join us. I will remind him again.

We need to seriously work on increasing the participation at HCSC meets.

Regards,

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 6th December 2010, 22:17   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
We need to seriously work on increasing the participation at HCSC meets.
Few of my friends will be joining too.
i dont see Sushil in action anywhere on Team BHP.Im hoping he will be there.

Last edited by hillram : 6th December 2010 at 22:21.
Old 8th December 2010, 08:43   #146
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)

As we are close to the date why don't we finalise the action plan and get confirmation from all. I am sorry for the delayed postings and all the credit goes to my irreliable and frustrating internet service provided by a popular brand.
Old 8th December 2010, 13:44   #147
BHPian

Called up Muqthar Hussain to inform him about the HCSC meet. He said he will try his best to get his Lambretta serviced and attend the meet on Sunday. He also informed that a few of his cars will be present at the Vintage Car Rally. Also tried calling up Yaser's uncle, Farooq twice. He was not available. Will try later today.

Bala : What is progress of your Vespa? Hope things are on track. The weather always becomes cloudy when we plan to restore vehicles or plan for a meet!!

Ram : Not sure why Sushil is not in action on Team BHP these days. Regarding this Sunday, he said that he may go out of the city hence may not be able to attend the meet.

Please take this as my confirmation for the HCSC meet on Sunday, 12th December 2010.

Regards,

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 8th December 2010, 14:36   #148
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)

Exactly Rahul I don't know if it is with all or only me, whenever I plan to get my vehicle painted it starts getting cloudy or rainy, hope the farmers looking froward for rains are not reading this.

My Sparrow arrived home:

I went along with my second love to pickup my first love. shocked!! yes! it's true this may not happen with many but it did with me.

I took my Willie (second Love) to get the Vespa (first love) home. It was a mixture of worry and joy, worry because both are my weakness and don't want to have any damage on paint. Joy because the paint has comeup awesome, though the paint is still fresh and soft to add to my impatience the weather turned cloudy so assembling is on halt for now to allow the paint to harden and hoping by 12th it should be done.

Few pictures for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-spm_a0149.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-spm_a0152.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-spm_a0153.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-spm_a0160.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-spm_a0161.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-spm_a0162.jpg  

chanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2010, 22:51   #149
Senior - BHPian

HCSC Meet : 12th Dec

Scooter rides are back again..
HCSC is getting ready to meet this weekend to enjoy cool breeze and winter time.
Date : 12th Dec 2010
Venue :Secunderabad Club
Time : Between 10.00-11.00 am
Agenda : Checkout the Vintage Rally at Secunderabad Club
Ride on Medchal Road
Lunch at Highway Dabha

List of Participants:
- Hillram : Lambretta Li150
- Chanu : Vespa 150
- Shiva : Vespa 150
- Rahul : Bajaj Super
- Sushil : Priya
Few more non-team bhpians will also try to join on their rides.
Suren:Please join with your Blue Wasp,if you can and also bring your PL170.

Lets Ride on........

Last edited by hillram : 8th December 2010 at 23:03.
Old 11th December 2010, 04:21   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Exactly Rahul I don't know if it is with all or only me, whenever I plan to get my vehicle painted it starts getting cloudy or rainy, hope the farmers looking froward for rains are not reading this.
Bala : Looks like this situation happens with most people when they try to get their vehicles painted. Back in 2004 when I had given my Bajaj Super to be painted Red (the present colour), the same thing happened. On the day the paint was to be sprayed, the weather became cloudy and it rained! And this was in the month of April!! We waited for a day and luckily had a super sunny day and the paint was sprayed! (By the way, the farmers are cursing the non-seasonal rains as it is destroying the crops.)

Your scooter looks superb with the new paint! Excellent finish! Has the fitting been done? Can't wait to see your scooter at the meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Few of my friends will be joining too. Few more non-team bhpians will also try to join on their rides.
Ram : Great to hear that few of your friends will also be joining us! This past Wednesday, I called up Muqthar Hussain and informed him about the HCSC meet. He said that he will try his best to prepare his Lambretta for the meet. Mr. Musthaq Hussain's cars are also participating in the Vintage Car Rally at Secunderabad Club.

I also called up Mr. Farooq (Yaser's uncle). He mentioned that he would come to Secunderabad Club for the meet.

However, I could not contact the Vespa owner who visits our apartment. Let's see if I can catch him on Saturday. I will call the non-Team-BHPians on Saturday evening as a reminder. Sushil mentioned that he is going out of Hyderabad this weekend and will not be able to come to the meet.

Regards, Keep Revving and See you all on Sunday,

Rahul Waghmare.

Most Viewed