Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2011, 11:10   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
Even I felt the same with Elcid, he was once ruling the scooter parts world. I did not try him again. There is a myth or confusion among the people esp with the mechanics and they feel Cheatak, Priya, Bajaj Super etc have become a rare commodity (Antique main agaye saab) and the parts are stocked apart from that the dealers are concentrating on bike parts as they move fast and their investments generate profits.

This is funny logic of Elcid and few other dealers even Rex automobiles does it for Jeep parts, it's even funnier when you still need to pay premium amount which might add mechanics share also.

In this case Ram sir you are master of this trick also, having said that why dont we stock few basic parts (you know where I am coming ) at least like break shoes (for vespas and older vespas which has single shoe it's a must) cables, packing kit, oil seals for our beauties. If possible we should think of far in the future buy a complete

1. REMSONS cable kit
2. SWISS/MINDA/LUMAX wiring kit & Switch
3. SENIOR beading and grommet kit.
4. EAGLE floor mat.
5. MINDA Headlamp seal beam along with the Chrome ring.
6. Nut & Bolt complete kit
7. ZEROLEAK packing kit.
8. Oil seal kit.
9. TATA/NRB Main Bearing, rooler bearings.
10.Clutch plates, Pressure plates, Brass button etc from clutch side.
11.SWISS/MINDA/LUMAX tail lamp, indicators etc for the latest versions.
The above list is sufficient for a scooter to have a fresh paint job and to get ready and survive for a long term life.

I am in search for loose vauchers inside the headlamp/handle which stops acceletor and gear yolk play for my Vespa, hope someone can help me.
I have stocked few spare parts from Elcid like Remson cables,Senior beadings,senior Floor mats,packing kits,Jets etc.
Another place where i source my parts for scooters is Cauvery Auto parts in Nampally near Ek Minar Mosque.He has original LML parts and also stocks for Chetaks,Priyas.

Last edited by hillram : 14th June 2011 at 11:12.
Old 15th June 2011, 01:24   #242
Senior - BHPian

Today got a spare parts dealer who has got all the stuff needed for LML, PARAS AUTOMOBILES, Ramkote opposite to OLD M.L.A quarters bus stop. I collected original PIAGGIO stickers, monograms, spare wheel cover (Original), rear mud flap, 3 piece floor mats (original), and many more items for my uncle's vespa, he assured me to get parts which is not available off the shelf.

I guess it's the right time to stock parts for LML till its too late. If anyone needs any help in this regard let me know.

Did LML come up with carpet mats i.e., carpet cloth woven on the mats, dealer claims they have come with LML XE the initial model from Lohia, can someone confirm this please.

Last edited by chanu : 15th June 2011 at 01:28. Reason: adding few lines
Old 15th June 2011, 01:40   #243
Senior - BHPian

Good Find Bala.I shall check it out.Im very curious about the Piaggio stickers.
Old 15th June 2011, 15:23   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Cauvery Auto parts in Nampally near Ek Minar Mosque.He has original LML parts and also stocks for Chetaks,Priyas.
Quote:
Today got a spare parts dealer who has got all the stuff needed for LML, PARAS AUTOMOBILES, Ramkote opposite to OLD M.L.A quarters bus stop.
Ram and Bala : Nice finds! We need to look out for shops other than the ones in Ramkote. Who knows what treasures they may have!! I had also seen a few shops near Ek Minar Mosque at Nampally. Will check them sometime next weekend.

Quote:
Next time i will accompany you and you will see the difference.
Thanks Ram! Sure we can plan some weekend to visit Elcid. If we three can go together it would be great. The owner of Elcid also has a well maintained Vespa. We can probably invite him for the next HCSC meet. I am also going to inform my father's friend about HCSC. I had posted a couple of (incomplete) pictures of his Vespa on the previous page.

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 15th June 2011, 16:09   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
The owner of Elcid also has a well maintained Vespa. We can probably invite him for the next HCSC meet.
I already told him about HCSC and invited him for the last meet.But being a trader,he didnt seem to have interest in the meet.Quite understandable.
He also promised me that if ever was going to sell his Vespa,it would be to me.But again promises are meanth to be broken !!!
Old 15th June 2011, 17:00   #246
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I already told him about HCSC and invited him for the last meet.But being a trader,he didnt seem to have interest in the meet.Quite understandable.
He also promised me that if ever was going to sell his Vespa,it would be to me.But again promises are meanth to be broken !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Ram and Bala : Nice finds! We need to look out for shops other than the ones in Ramkote. Who knows what treasures they may have!! I had also seen a few shops near Ek Minar Mosque at Nampally. Will check them sometime next weekend.

What we can do is search for spare parts shops in around our locality or the way to our offices this way we as an individuals would cover maximum of the city and get the stuffs. If found we can share the same whatever is excess. We will discuss in the meets.

Thanks Ram! Sure we can plan some weekend to visit Elcid. If we three can go together it would be great. The owner of Elcid also has a well maintained Vespa. We can probably invite him for the next HCSC meet. I am also going to inform my father's friend about HCSC. I had posted a couple of (incomplete) pictures of his Vespa on the previous page.

Rahul Waghmare.
Well said ram, promises are meant to be broken, but I sincerely hope and wish you get his scooter. You are quite famous with the scooter fellas ram I got a sample the other day.

I have got some new things for HCSC, which would make many happy, let's discuss when we meet.
Old 16th June 2011, 13:35   #247
BHPian

Bala Bhai,

Please post some pics of the parts.

Quote:
Today got a spare parts dealer who has got all the stuff needed for LML, PARAS AUTOMOBILES, Ramkote opposite to OLD M.L.A quarters bus stop. I collected original PIAGGIO stickers, monograms, spare wheel cover (Original), rear mud flap, 3 piece floor mats (original), and many more items for my uncle's vespa, he assured me to get parts which is not available off the shelf.

I guess it's the right time to stock parts for LML till its too late. If anyone needs any help in this regard let me know.

Did LML come up with carpet mats i.e., carpet cloth woven on the mats, dealer claims they have come with LML XE the initial model from Lohia, can someone confirm this please.
Old 17th June 2011, 00:13   #248
Senior - BHPian

Sure why not I will post the pictures in a day or two as few of them are at the painting booth and the rest lying with the mechanic. I am still disappointed that I couldn't get hold of original monograms for the STAR apart from the few (the main triangular LML logo on the front and the others) but happy that the ones which I got are of good quality though second quality. I am still waiting for the rest of the parts to arrive from the painter and the whole scooter will come to life.

My desire of owning a LML is increasing but then it should be the NV Spl with or without Xpress 5 series engine, please suggest me if you guys come across.
Old 17th June 2011, 05:45   #249
Senior - BHPian

bala, there was a model of lml with radio and twin speakers (on top of the front dicky). do any one remembers. I would love to see pictures of it. that would be a collectible I suppose
Old 17th June 2011, 10:44   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
bala, there was a model of lml with radio and twin speakers (on top of the front dicky). do any one remembers. I would love to see pictures of it. that would be a collectible I suppose
I can recollect the LML advert,but I havent seen any. It sure will be an interesting collectable . Anyone on this please!
Old 17th June 2011, 17:23   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishalive View Post
Surprising! I had never heard or seen a scooter having a factory fitted radio, I am equally interested to know more about it, did some Google but couldn't find any info? can someone post at least the pictures, I remember few enthusiastic old city guys fixing audio players to their vibrantly painted cheataks, bullets with those chrome fittings but never heard of a factory fitted radio to a LML. Curious to know.
Old 17th June 2011, 21:47   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Surprising! I had never heard or seen a scooter having a factory fitted radio, I am equally interested to know more about it, did some Google but couldn't find any info? can someone post at least the pictures, I remember few enthusiastic old city guys fixing audio players to their vibrantly painted cheataks, bullets with those chrome fittings but never heard of a factory fitted radio to a LML. Curious to know.
Bala..im surprised you didnt know about this soiund Machine.One gentleman in Gandhi Nagar owns this rare LML.I bargained with him to purchase it.He has my contact details and one day he will call me to accept my offer.Cheers
Old 18th June 2011, 01:03   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bala..im surprised you didnt know about this soiund Machine.One gentleman in Gandhi Nagar owns this rare LML.I bargained with him to purchase it.He has my contact details and one day he will call me to accept my offer.Cheers
Ram sir, forget about me surprising you I am not able to be in peace since I got to know about this scooter, till 3 am in the morning fighting with my computer to know more about this fella but no luck , why don't you relieve me out of this, post some pictures.

I very well know you Ram sir you are like those skilled fisherman, who knows what to fish, when to fish, I wish you all the very best for that special scooter and I am sure you will get it soon.
Old 18th June 2011, 20:29   #254
Senior - BHPian

On a different note I've prepared a list of parts required to stock for future needs. These parts are sufficient to re-assemble a scooter after a complete paint job hence enough for a running scooter for life time.

1.Packing kit (Zero leak)
2.cable kit (Remsons)
3.Dome beading (Senior)
4.Floor Mat (Senior)
5.Oil Seal kit (3 pcs)
6.Wiring Kit (Swiss/Minda)
7.Head Lamp Switch (Swiss/Minda)
8.Rubber kit (Senior/Local mk) sufficient for entire body rubber requirement
9.Break shoes (front,rear)
10.Engine bearings, wheel bearings (If felt to stock)
11.Petrol cork (local)
12.Clutch plates
13.Fork balls and cones set
14.Power coil
15.Petrol pipe (2 pcs)
16.Hose pipe (Senior)
17.Nut & bolt kit (Full body)

anything I missed out can add up to the list....
Old 19th June 2011, 17:31   #255
BHPian

Quote:
anything I missed out can add up to the list....
Nice list Bala!! How about a few more items to add to the list:

Head lamp and tail lamp assembly.
Monograms and labels.
Contact breaker points kit and condenser.
Front suspension fork cover (plastic or metal).
Clutch and front brake levers.
Front seat bracket (BA or any other good make).
Wheel rims (depending on the condition of the existing ones).

Again anything else missing, please add.

Rahul Waghmare.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks