Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2012, 06:03   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)

Hey Sushil, I haven't done anything till date, what all was done I regard them as an attempt, there is lot to be learnt.

I was observing something un usual in your scooter, I guess the center stand is not of a Vespa/Bajaj 150 since the gap between the front tyre and the ground while on stand is more, check with your mechanic if not your can replace or reduce the length of the existing stand however not sure if the stand boots will come out.

Indeed it was fun the other day, I have enjoyed the event and the STAR ride, thanks Ram it has come out really well. This page (HCSC) has now become very colorful, I felt like a rainbow formation at Jublee Hills the other day.
Old 12th June 2012, 21:31   #362
Senior - BHPian

Postnoon published a nice article on HCSC and my scooters.The club has reached this stage with the support of Balaji Iyengar and Sushil Narayanan...all Team Bhpians !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-hcsc-postnoon-12062012.jpg  

Last edited by bblost : 26th July 2012 at 13:25. Reason: Sending PM.
Old 16th June 2012, 06:30   #363
Senior - BHPian

Kudos Ram sir! This is one delighting post, I am humbled for you making me stand with you and Narendra Kale in this success as I personally believe I haven't done anything. I am so glad to see HCSC coming up to this level and I personally thank and congratulate you for the individual efforts you have put in along with our other friends. Ram sir we are proud and grateful for having you in HCSC & FCCH. I miss Suren out here.

Last edited by bblost : 26th July 2012 at 15:55. Reason: Quoted post has been edited. Hence making the same changes here. Thanks.
Old 20th December 2014, 15:55   #364
BHPian

Re: White Wall Tyres - An Experiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Hello Folks,

It has been a long time since there has been any activity on this thread! Time to give our scooters some well deserved attention!

I had an experiment on my mind for the last two months regarding white wall tyres. I wanted to make a regular tyre a white wall tyre at home. I had learned the process of screen printing when I was in college and I knew about a type of ink that sticks and dries very fast. It is called the PVC ink. So I though of painting my scooter's stepney as an experiment. Finally did it today. Attaching pictures of my experiment.

Things required :

- A well washed, dried and polished (with Cherry Blossom) scooter tyre.
- PVC Ink.
- PVC Reducer.
- One inch paint brush.

The Result : Tyre looks OK in the pictures but the finish looks bad & disappointing when seen from a close distance. But disappointing results are stepping stones to perfection! Will try using a spray gun in the next attempt. I also need to observe how long the ink lasts on the tyre which only time will tell.

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.
Albeit very late, I must thank you for the wonderful idea.

Most Viewed