Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2010, 00:23   #46
Senior - BHPian

Simply stunning. So I guess you have made your mind about the colour. Is it? then All the best let's rock.
Old 27th August 2010, 11:33   #47
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Bala and Sushil.Colours on your automobiles should reflect your personality always.
Old 28th August 2010, 11:29   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Thanks Bala and Sushil.Colours on your automobiles should reflect your personality always.

well said ram sir

thats what i call personlizing the babe
Old 28th August 2010, 11:46   #49
BHPian

just wanted to know what type of scooter is this one: seems beautiful

Old 28th August 2010, 11:48   #50
BHPian

sorry for the delayfolks: got the answer
presenting : The Cushman Scooter
The Cushman scooter was manufactured between 1936 and 1966 in Lincoln, Neb. The U.S. military got hip to the inexpensive versatile machines and hired Cushman to manufacture 15,000 scooters during World War II.

also note the vintage ford in the background

Last edited by sushil_n79 : 28th August 2010 at 11:49. Reason: missed a point
Old 28th August 2010, 12:05   #51
BHPian

Presenting to you some real treat for the eyes, body and the Soul:

Classic Lambretta''s

The story of this classic scooter actually began in 1922, when Ferdinando Innocenti moved to Rome from his native Pescia for the purpose of building a factory. The product of this enterprising industrialist was steel tubing, and such ingenuity was involved that Innocenti�s wares became renowned throughout Europe.

In 1931, Ferdinando moved to Milan, which had become the industrial centre of Italy, and a new and much larger factory was built. Mr. Innocenti developed a seamless steel tube for industry, and 6000 people were employed in this plant. Then came World War II, and the factory was reduced to a smouldering pile of rubble. When Ferdinando viewed his war damaged homeland in 1946, he saw the roads torn up, cities levelled, and the populace left with little means of transportation.

Like Mr. Piaggio, he reasoned that the answer to the transportation problem, was the (now) classic scooter - a vehicle that would feature a low production cost, be inexpensive to operate, and would offer better weather protection than a motorcycle. So, in 1947 the Italian company Innocenti started manufacturing the Classic Lambretta scooter. They were produced over the next 30 years and became the symbol of youth and style all over the world. As well as the obvious Italy, these Vintage Lambretta�s have been made around the world, from their birth place in Italy to other countries such as Spain, India, Argentina, Brazil, Chile and more. Although some producers did market the Lambretta under differing names, such as the Serveta from Spain, the Siambretta from South America, they all share the family design that came originally from Italy.

Innocenti�s demise came at a time when sales of vintage scooters were slowing down due to small cars entering the market at affordable prices. BMC struck a deal with Innocenti for them to produce cars under license from BMC. Within this contract was a clause should Innocenti ever decided to sell, BMC had first refusal. The inevitable happened, Innocenti was sold to BMC, who quickly saw the Classic Lambretta products as a gimmick. Long industrial strikes ensued, along with poor scooter sales eventually lead to the closure of the Innocenti factory in 1972. The factory was sold to the Indian government, and Scooters India Ltd began production using the Innocenti tooling around two years later. S.I.L stopped producing two wheeled scooters in 1998, and today survive on producing their own version of the Lambro three wheeler.

The Classic Lambretta brand still lives on, even though manufacturing of the scooter has been discontinued, and still retains the same symbolism today. The Lambretta "brand name" was reborn in 1997. This time, not with scooters but with clothes, shoes and accessories. In April 2000 the offical official release of Lambretta Watches was launched. To this day, the brand name "Lambretta" lives on even though the last motor scooter Innocenti produced was way back in 1972, the brand is now once again in demand among young people .

A vintage vespa Advertisement

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Do make sure that you provide the references/original source for every piece of material that has been taken from another website/publication, to give credit to the original author.

Please PM us with the link / source so that we may edit the post and include it appropriately.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by .anshuman : 19th September 2010 at 13:30. Reason: Please take a look at the mod note that has been added to the end of your post.
Old 28th August 2010, 12:11   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Ram, congrats on the classic scooter club. One more feather to your already loaded hat

Btw, i loved the blue color of that Vespa. Is that something that your planning to buy or already bought?

Also, the sidecar idea is pretty cool. I am sure if you ride this scooter with a sidecar with that color. To complete the picture, you'll have to search for Amitabh, since you will fit the bill of Dharmendra
Old 28th August 2010, 14:24   #53
BHPian

Hi everyone

found this motivating video(Courtsey You Tube) for the gandipet drive, its really nostalgic when i saw it the first time tears rolled down ma eyes... have a look .... and take a ride down the memory lane.... feedbacks welcome.

Last edited by sushil_n79 : 28th August 2010 at 14:44. Reason: addition
Old 28th August 2010, 17:06   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Ram, congrats on the classic scooter club. One more feather to your already loaded hat

Btw, i loved the blue color of that Vespa. Is that something that your planning to buy or already bought?

Also, the sidecar idea is pretty cool. I am sure if you ride this scooter with a sidecar with that color. To complete the picture, you'll have to search for Amitabh, since you will fit the bill of Dharmendra
Avi..good to see you on this thread and thanks for your wishes.
I have already aquired the Scooter + Side car and just waiting for the monsoons and Ramzan to get over as the mechanics,painters and denters are in holiday mood !!!
Once it is restored and painted,I will be adding few accessories,which are still available in Mumbai !!Here are the pics of the scooter+Sidercar+Ram+Vijay(only missing is wify) !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-dsc00024.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-dsc00023.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-dsc00026.jpg  

Old 29th August 2010, 08:29   #55
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! so refreshing vedio, thanks sushil, I was imagining all of us on the chilkoor road doing the same as in vedio. one of my most fav number and so does the feel "Those were the best days of my life". So when shall we have our best day "Tour de la Gandepet".
Old 29th August 2010, 16:56   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
So when shall we have our best day "Tour de la Gandepet".
Next to be planned is the FCCH meet for September and then the HCSC Meet.Gandipet drive is a must on the Classic Scooters.
Old 29th August 2010, 20:14   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Wow!! so refreshing vedio, thanks sushil, I was imagining all of us on the chilkoor road doing the same as in vedio. one of my most fav number and so does the feel "Those were the best days of my life". So when shall we have our best day "Tour de la Gandepet".

hey bala thanks da

i swear it feels really nostalgic

i thik after ramzaan sometime will be a good idea

btw are the families also invited or is it just us?
Old 29th August 2010, 22:59   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushil_n79 View Post
i thik after ramzaan sometime will be a good idea

btw are the families also invited or is it just us?
Perfect dates would be 11th and 18th for the FCCH and HCSC Meets.
This time lets oragnise with a nice theme,location for both the meets.
Old 30th August 2010, 00:43   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Next to be planned is the FCCH meet for September and then the HCSC Meet.Gandipet drive is a must on the Classic Scooters.
Now thats a bright idea, our trip will also be overflowing with joy similar to the Gandipet river waters.

So guys which date is convenient to you all. I really pray and wish this time we attain double digit numbers, let's all workout guys to bring in our friends with their scooters, fellow customers at the garage, unknown scooters lover spotted on roads (a well maintained scooter lover will regard/respect our invitation).

I am game.
Old 30th August 2010, 02:07   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now thats a bright idea, our trip will also be overflowing with joy similar to the Gandipet river waters.
Im proposing 11th or 18th September for this ride to Gandipet on our classic scooters.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks