Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2010, 22:41   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Im proposing 11th or 18th September for this ride to Gandipet on our classic scooters.
11th sould be fine in my opinion if the clouds show some mercy on us if not we shall move it to 18th. What worries me the most is the population we shouldnt be the only 4 guys on the scooters. Let's hope the wheather and other support us Ram.
Old 31st August 2010, 13:25   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
11th sould be fine in my opinion if the clouds show some mercy on us if not we shall move it to 18th. What worries me the most is the population we shouldnt be the only 4 guys on the scooters. Let's hope the wheather and other support us Ram.
Lets do the FCCH Drive to Gandipet on 11th Sep and the following week,we can ride again to Gandipet or Himayatsagar on the Classic Sccoters.
By third week,the weather will also cheer up for our scooters to be free from rain.What say?
Old 3rd September 2010, 15:26   #63
Senior - BHPian

Driving goggles for scooter rides

Since i have been riding scooters for the last 30 odd years,i always wear a helmet for safety and sunglasses to prevent dust and sunlight getting into my eyes,as i wear contact lens almost 16 hrs a today.
Halcyon is the world leader in riding goggles and the best that i ever knew.
I was happy to see Studds,which is an Indian company start producing riding goggles,perhaps not the same standards as Halcyon,but quite utilitarian and affordable.
I made enquiries from the company and placed order for 3 variants-Plain,Black and Mercury coated lens.Last week they arrived and i was glad to lay my hands on them.Each set of goggles come for a price of Rs.295 and neatly packed in a plastic box.
Made of poly leather foam casing,adjustable elastic band,scratch proof & anti glare lens,foldable into half and adjustable nose bridge webbing too !!!
I doned them this early morning for a ride to Airport to meet a friend and the ride was ultra comfortable and i could ride much faster as my eyes were totally protected against wind and dust.Quite an experiance.
It did give me a sort of a Robot look,but since I was on a retro Vespa,I dont think i offered any competition to my favourite Tamilian Superstar !!

I recommend that every HCSCian should possess these goggles,along with helmets for longer rides and why not for city rides too.Pollution is at best in urban areas
@Bala and Shiva..there is one box each waiting for you !!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-dsc00048.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-dsc00043.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-dsc00044.jpg  

Last edited by hillram : 3rd September 2010 at 15:41.
Old 4th September 2010, 00:04   #64
Senior - BHPian

@Bala and Shiva..There is one box each waiting for you!![/quote]

When you said you have ordered three boxes I thought you were very generous man to gift three sets of gogs for yourself, I though each for various whether but at the end when I read "Bala and Shiva..there is one box each waiting for you" trust me sir I felt so happy, I knew you care for us but never this extent, thanks Ram you won't believe how much I trouble I go through while driving, the worst is soon after rains the dust along with minute sand granules it’s so painful, you have relieved me from that pain, thanks whole heartedly Ram you are a True friend.

I have tried several times at different stores but never saw even a normal forget about imagining these types, they look awesome and retro, remember those war plane pilots from world war era and the vespa video we shall all wear these and go to gandipet. Wow nostalgic.

Thanks Ram.

Last edited by GTO : 4th September 2010 at 19:24. Reason: Removing FONT tags. Please do not cut-copy-paste from other word softwares
Old 4th September 2010, 00:12   #65
Senior - BHPian

My pleasure Bala.We are all here with one passion and also with a responsibility.
In the end,we are all like minded people,sharing same interests.Thats what binds us togather.
Old 4th September 2010, 00:21   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
My pleasure Bala.We are all here with one passion and also with a responsibility.
In the end,we are all like minded people,sharing same interests.Thats what binds us togather.
Yes Ram I agree to your point, we share quite a few hobbies. I am very happy and proud to have you as my friend sir, I still believe I am very in experienced when compared with you passion for cars, music, movies, guns and I am still not sure of other hobbies, you are one man with diverse passions. I have learn many things from you, thanks.
Old 19th September 2010, 20:47   #67
Senior - BHPian

HCSC Next Meet

Friends,
We need to plan the next HCSC meet.Im proposing a short ride to an Heritage monument,lets say to Golconda Fort.Its with in the city and very accesible.
Is 26th Sep fine for everyone?
Bala,Shiva,Suren,Rahul,Sushil..please respond with suggestions and better ideas.
Narendra,request you to join too.
Old 20th September 2010, 00:03   #68
Senior - BHPian

Good idea Ram!! I welcome it. I also feel the same its a heritage place and the drive, roads are neat I am sure we all will enjoy. The best part is the lane at the entrance of Golconda which definately gives a feel of those days afresh, the feel itself is different only to be experienced. The narrow lane which is a two way and is handled by a gaurd and apart from that there is a signal light which goes red and green. I request all the members (Existing) and all other to make it possible on that day.
Old 20th September 2010, 10:41   #69
BHPian

Hello Friends!

This is my first post on Team BHP!! Feels great to be a part of this forum!! I am perfectly fine with 26th September for the next meet of the HCSC. Golconda Fort sounds like a good place to meet up.

If we want to have a long drive of sorts, we can also consider meeting at Taramati Baradari. The ample parking space, the back drop of the monument plus the drive will add excitement to the meet.

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 20th September 2010, 20:18   #70
Senior - BHPian

Rahul,welcome to Team BHP.Im sure you will enjoy posting on various threads.
We can decide between Golconda and Tara Mati Baradari,the later also offering nice breakfast at the restaurant there.
Old 20th September 2010, 21:12   #71
BHPian

Hey Rahul,

Welcome aboard mate. its indeed a pleasure to have you with us. its a good idea to have options for the trip. lets have some more people joining in this time.btw are the families allowed in this or is it going to be solely us.
lets have a nice picnic and recollect the nostalgic feelings of the past.
Thanks and Regards
Sushil Narayanan
Old 21st September 2010, 00:01   #72
Senior - BHPian

I can understand susheel what else a newly married guy would ask for and you have every reason to enjoy the drive with your partner if you are also thinking on the same line. Infact a nice idea to include our families in the drive.

I am imagining those retro polka dotted shirt, or flowery Hawaian shirts, bell bottom and the scooter carriying a nice cane basket with sandwiches, fruits and a bed spread. Wow! that's what I call a "blast from the past".
Old 22nd September 2010, 21:19   #73
Senior - BHPian

HCSC Monsoon Meet

Time to bring our classic scooters again.This time we will do a ride into the town to a Historic site: Taramati baradari or Golconda Fort.

Date : 26th Sep 2010
Time : 10.00am (Assembling time)
Assembly Point : Necklace Road MMTS station

Confirmed Participants:
1. Hillram - Lambretta 150
2. Balaji - Vespa 150
3. Shiva - Vespa 150
4. Sushil - Bajaj Cub
5. Rahul - Bajaj Super

Anyone with classic scooters (upto 1985) are welcome to join.

Last edited by hillram : 22nd September 2010 at 21:20.
Old 23rd September 2010, 00:09   #74
Senior - BHPian

That's absolutely fine with me, golconda fort or Taramati I am happy, all I want is a long strech of drive and my "Sparrow" will do the rest of the magic, you will find me smiling all the way and that's what she does everytime.

Last edited by chanu : 23rd September 2010 at 00:10. Reason: Editing few words.
Old 23rd September 2010, 01:14   #75
BHPian

My Ferrari on 2 Wheels, The Bajaj Super (1982)

Hello Folks!

I am game for the HCSC meet on 26th Sept 2010! Will be there with my Ferrari on 2 Wheels, The Bajaj Super. I am posting a few pictures of the scooter when it was painted Red way back in 2004. Now some background as to why I got the scooter painted in Red color!

When I was a kid, my parents use to take me to an arcade video game parlor that was opposite to the Secunderabad GPO. My favorite game was a car game where you need to navigate your Red car on a road and avoid obstacles like on-coming cars and potholes.

Initially I use to crash a lot ending the game early. Then my parents use to remind me : "Be Careful! The Red Car Is Yours!!" That was it!! I got obsessed with the Red color.

Red became my favorite color as I personally feel that it depicts a variety of themes. Red hearts that depict love on Valentines Day, Red signs that caution about safety, Blood that saves (and takes) lives etc. Red, I feel is a universal color.

I had decided that at some point of time I would have an automobile that will have Red color. When we purchased this scooter from our family friend in 1994, it was in the original cream color. In 1998 it was painted to Graphite (a grayish-brown shade).

Finally in 2004, I decided that it was time! Time to paint this scooter in my favorite color: Red! Being a huge fan of Ferrari, I had lot of images of Scarlet Ferraris. My father knows a good painter who usually does 4 wheelers but he occasionally also does 2 wheelers for his close friends. I called him home and showed him the images of Ferraris. He then selected the Red color and then I got it painted using the 2K paint. The result is what you see in the below images. (There was no proper sunlight when the snaps were taken so the quality of the images is not that good.)

Since this color was never used by Bajaj, many people (including the painter, my family and myself) were skeptical about the outcome of the paint job. But when the paint job was over and the scooter was assembled, the result was very satisfying! The painter still says that this is the best 2 wheeler paint job that he has ever done!

I had hardly seen complete Red scooters on Hyderabad roads, but after painting mine, I could see a few people also repainting their Vespas and Priyas to Red. That gave me more satisfaction!

My future plan is to have the scooter redone in dual tone colors. The existing Red paint will be the same but I would be using a shade of white at the appropriate places. I am also planning to have white wall tyres for the scooter.

Hope you all enjoyed this post. Please do give your feedback and suggestions.

Regards,

Rahul Waghmare.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-01.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-02.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-03.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-04.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-05.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-06.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-07.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-08.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-09.jpg