Team-BHP > Vintage Cars & Classics in India > Post-War

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2010, 00:30   #76
Senior - BHPian

Hi Rahul, very intresting post and a wonderful childhood experience which still continues with you in the form of your Bajaj Super, I remember you saying you love Ferrari's. Red is an awesome and lively colour, it never looses its glory, even if it becomes old but still has its own charm. I love German red in particular.

You can do a dual tone painting to your scooter it will look awesome and white walls will add up that retro touch. Even I am looking for white walls for my Sparrow, I guess it's available in Delhi.

You can opt for Red and Off white combo on your scooter if you seek my advice. I have a nice painter who does awesome job, let me know if you need help. I will love to help you Rahul.

By the by I am looking for a starter coil like your scooters which came on vespas, can you please help me if you have a spare? that's the only part missing on my beauty. I am also planning to give a make over to my sparrow and working on it, let me see how it ends up.
Old 24th September 2010, 04:20   #77
BHPian

Dear Bala,

Thanks for your suggestion on the dual tone color for my scooter. I am not planning to do the paint job immediately. But do keep the suggestions coming in! Will definitely contact you for any help!

Regarding the white wall tyres for your Vespa, let me know if you are ordering them so that we can try to club our order. The Bajaj Super’s tyre size is 3.50 x 8, the same as the Vespa. I have also heard about “white wall tyre inserts” where you just attach a white ring to the existing black tyre to make it look like a white wall tyre. I will try to get more information on this. There are a few videos on Youtube on white wall tyre inserts and painting a tyre white.

The coil that I had on my scooter was actually an Enfield Bullet’s oil filled coil. This should be available easily in the market. I do not have a spare one at the moment. It served me for 12 long years! My father’s Priya scooter is fitted with a coil from the radial engine of an aero plane! He happened to get it from someone in the aviation industry. In the aviation industry, parts are replaced after certain hours of usage even if they are perfectly fine. This coil was one of them! Keep a watch on such opportunities if you know someone.

Looks like we have a lot to discuss at the HCSC meet on 26th Sept 2010!!

Regards,

Rahul Waghmare.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2010, 08:51   #78
BHPian

Is 26th Sep fine for everyone?
Bala,Shiva,Suren,Rahul,Sushil..please respond with suggestions and better ideas.
Hi Ram Sir,

Thanks for the invitation though Looking forward to the trip on the 26th. Yes its okay with me.
Thanks and regards
Sushil Narayanan
Old 25th September 2010, 08:57   #79
BHPian

. Infact a nice idea to include our families in the drive.

I am imagining those retro polka dotted shirt, or flowery Hawaian shirts, bell bottom and the scooter carriying a nice cane basket with sandwiches, fruits and a bed spread. Wow! that's what I call a "blast from the past

Hey bala,

You said it mate.. I often wonder how does it happend that the thoughts that are in my mind come out of your mouth.
Thanks and regards
Sushil
Old 25th September 2010, 10:41   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Time to bring our classic scooters again.This time we will do a ride into the town to a Historic site: Taramati baradari or Golconda Fort.

Date : 26th Sep 2010
Time : 10.00am (Assembling time)
Assembly Point : Necklace Road MMTS station

Confirmed Participants:
1. Hillram - Lambretta 150
2. Balaji - Vespa 150
3. Shiva - Vespa 150
4. Sushil - Bajaj 150 not Bajaj Cub
5. Rahul - Bajaj Super

Anyone with classic scooters (upto 1985) are welcome to join.
will sure do infact ram i saw a gentle man with a 1987 old model chetak (Old model)who was thinking of selling it off as his sons bought an activa for him, though he could not say much to his sons, but in his heart didnot want to part with it. I ve told him about the club and he got enthusiastic. he may also come on the 26th..
what I was also proposing is if we can have a logo created for HCSC and have printed stickers of the same with you contact number and to give it to people as and when we spot them on the classics we can spread the awareness of the club to to them also ensuring that they have a single point of contact that they can contact to get the details of the club.
Because as of now even if we spot them we cannot give them anything concrete apart from letting them them know orally about the club, and as we all know oral words have a high chance of being forgetted esp when it comes from a stranger.

What say Guys? Please give me some ideas on the same. I have already started working on the logo and will share it shortly.

Thanks and Regards

Sushil Narayanan
Old 25th September 2010, 13:09   #81
Senior - BHPian

Sushil..Lets discuss at the HCSC meet tomorrow.
Its time we did some brainstorming and create some action plans for HCSC.

Last edited by hillram : 25th September 2010 at 13:10.
Old 25th September 2010, 19:56   #82
BHPian

Saturday Evening, dark and raining! That too after washing my scooter! It's safe in the shade though! I hope we have a Bright Sunny Sunday Morning for the HCSC meet. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Ram, like you said we need to discuss things at tomorrow's meet. We need to take HCSC to newer heights!

This is what I feel :

- Let us meet up at Necklace Road MMTS station at 10 AM as planned.
- Wait till everyone gathers.
- Then head for Taramati Baradari via Khairatabad - Lakdikapul - Masab Tank - Mehdipatnam.
- Take a few snaps.
- Discuss things over snacks and tea at the Taramati restaurant and then disperse.
- Time permitting, we can also ride to Gandipet as the water levels are good and the gates were also opened few days back.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 25th September 2010, 21:12   #83
BHPian

[quote=Scarlet_Rider;2083530]Saturday Evening, dark and raining! I hope we have a Bright Sunny Sunday Morning for the HCSC meet. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Well said Rahul
Yes indeed, It will not be a good idea if the rains spoils our plans. as for the last 2 days its been pouring like crazy. yesterday i took my 150 for a ride and it started raining heavily i had to wait for almost an hour before starting off again .

hope the Almighty is kind tomorrow and it does not rain till evening at least.

Today I shall only pray for tomorrow

"Rain, rain, go away Come again another day Little wasps want to stayRain, rain, go away."

Thanks and Regards

Sushil Narayanan
Old 26th September 2010, 09:28   #84
BHPian

I have already started working on the logo and have enclosed herein please check the attachment

Thanks and Regards

Sushil Narayanan[/quote]
Attached Files
File Type: doc New Microsoft Word Document.doc (205.5 KB, 331 views)

Last edited by sushil_n79 : 26th September 2010 at 09:30. Reason: editing typos
Old 26th September 2010, 15:16   #85
BHPian

HCSC -2nd Meet - 26th September 2010

Hi Folks,

Today the HCSC meet was supposed to take place at the Necklace Road MMTS station followed by a drive to Golconda Fort / Taramati Baradari. But the World Tourism Day Car and Bike Meet was organized at People's Plaza on Necklace Road. So we were all engrossed in checking out all the beauties from the past in their present glory!

The people present for the HCSC meet were :

Ram - Lambretta 150
Balaji - Vespa 150
Sushil - Bajaj 150
Rahul - Bajaj Super

We had a couple of scooters at the World Tourism Day Car and Bike Meet as well.

After admiring all the beauties and treating our ears to the exhaust notes of the all vehicles, Ram, Balaji, Sushil and I headed for Kamat hotel and had a hearty meal. We then discussed about the future meets/plans and adjourned for the day.

We missed out on our planned drive to Golconda Fort / Taramati Baradari due to time constraints but hopefully we will go there for the next meet.

I am uploading pictures of our scooters and the couple of scooters present at the World Tourism Day Car and Bike Meet.

Thanks and Regards,

Rahul Waghmare.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-01.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-02.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-03.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-04.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-05.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-06.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-07.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-08.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-09.jpg  

Hyderabad Classic Scooter Club (HCSC)-10.jpg  

Old 26th September 2010, 15:53   #86
BHPian

hmmmmmmm such lovely beauties. Now this reminds me of my dads cousin whom I last met some 7-8 months back and his Vespa is still in a showroom condition, he starts it in half a kick and if I remember right, it is his first and only ride for the last 4 decades and it still is his daily commute.

One of my neighbours also has two of them, one in mint condition and the other only needs a paint job.

Hats off to the passion of everyone who go to great lenghts to keep these lovely simple machines still running.
Old 26th September 2010, 16:25   #87
Senior - BHPian

Heartfull day

Indeed it was a wonderful day we have throughly enjoyed though our meeting point got changed but we could witness some absolute beauties from the past and few of them seemed as if they have just rolled down from the assembley line.

We had the opportunity of meeting Mr Waghmare, Rahul's dad (Scarlet driver) who shared his immense knowledge in simple form, he also shared his experiences, photographs he also had many ideas put into action to help others to overcome issues. Next we had a small drive to the resturant and had tasty lunch which made the tummy filled, with this our heart and tummy were full and we called it a day.

Thanks Rahul for uploading the pictures, they have come really well. Please convey my thanks to your dad for sharing his knowledge with us.
Old 26th September 2010, 22:59   #88
Senior - BHPian

Sushil,Bala,Rahul..Thanks for sticking at the World Tourism Rally as we had to take a detour from my HCSC drive.The lunch meet summed up our passion and all i can say is that we rock.
I pleasently realised that we all had come togather because of Team BHP too..hence three cheers to T-BHP !!!
Old 27th September 2010, 00:35   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Sushil,Bala,Rahul..Thanks for sticking at the World Tourism Rally as we had to take a detour from my HCSC drive.The lunch meet summed up our passion and all i can say is that we rock.
I pleasently realised that we all had come togather because of Team BHP too..hence three cheers to T-BHP !!!
Our pleasure Ram! you need not thank us, we all have throughly enjoyed every bit of the World Tourism Rally today, I agree to your point, we were unknown to eachother till Team BHP happened to us and I personally thank Team BHP for giving me such a nice friend/brother and for all the knowledge, best practices one could get. Thanks a lot to all.

Last edited by chanu : 27th September 2010 at 00:37. Reason: added few sentences
Old 27th September 2010, 11:34   #90
BHPian

Hi Ram, Bala and Sushil! Since we were not aware of the World Tourism Rally, my father and I had a pleasant surprise when we saw all the vintage beauties lined up for the show.

My father had a great time interacting with you guys. It was after a long time that he met people with the same passion that he has. He is eagerly looking forward to the next FCCH meet.

And yes, there is no doubt that it is Team BHP that has brought us together. Thanks Team BHP!!

Most Viewed